ImageImageImageImageImage

Vasilieos Spanoulis a KNICKS!?!?!?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: Vasilieos Spanoulis a KNICKS!?!?!? 

Post#61 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:19 am

I Feel Devotion wrote:If any Knicks fans want to know about Spanoulis I strongly advise ignoring Rasho Brezec's comments here. He is either confusing Spanoulis with another player or he is intentionally lying about him, or he has never seen him play and is pretending he has for whatever reason.

viewtopic.php?p=19652939#p19652939

Enough said.
I Feel Devotion
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#62 » by I Feel Devotion » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Knicks fans need to trust their mod and what he said about Spanoulis. The Rasho Brezec guy has never seen Spanoulis play.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#63 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:15 am

Spanoulis and his agent, Miodrag Raznatovic, could not be reached on Thursday, but last week Raznatovic said Spanoulis would never play for the Rockets or any team in the United States. He even added ``They could trade him to San Antonio and he could be the starting point guard, and he would he would say, `No, I cannot.' ''
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,345

Post#64 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:19 am

Blame Rasho wrote:
Spanoulis and his agent, Miodrag Raznatovic, could not be reached on Thursday, but last week Raznatovic said Spanoulis would never play for the Rockets or any team in the United States. He even added ``They could trade him to San Antonio and he could be the starting point guard, and he would he would say, `No, I cannot.' ''

till spanoulis realize the greek population in new york is extremely high.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#65 » by knicks742 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:22 am

blueNorange wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:

Agreed. We can offer him a home in Astoria or wherever in Queens it is that the Greeks live.
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,466

Post#66 » by Blame Rasho » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:23 am

blueNorange wrote:
Blame Rasho wrote:

I think that is a obtuse reply to tell you the truth you are actually being serious....
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#67 » by Brunson2Spencer » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:28 am

Blame Rasho wrote:

This is an old article from the Scola trade. Maybe he changed his mind.
Hardaway 10
Analyst

Post#68 » by Hardaway 10 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 am

Whether he would come or not would probably depend on the coach and if any other euro players are on the team. D'Antoni has a good reputation with the euro players it seems, and his system fits them. If Spanoulis only sees Chris Duhon as his competition for the starting job, he might be swayed to come play under the lights of MSG and NYC.
mnWI
General Manager
And1: 47

Post#69 » by mnWI » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:52 am

I Feel Devotion wrote:Knicks fans need to trust their mod and what he said about Spanoulis. The Rasho Brezec guy has never seen Spanoulis play.

I thought previously banned posters weren't allowed here? Or do I need to bring up this:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=780661
Neb
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#70 » by Neb » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:01 pm

He's having a great game now vs Turkey.

EDIT: I've jinxed him. :D

Couple of bad turnovers, but also one clutch three.
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#71 » by brassviews » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Unless you guys plan to work out a buyout, he's not coming here. I'm pretty sure he's happy with Panathinaikos anyways since they're the reigning Euroleague champions.
I Feel Devotion
Banned User

Post#72 » by I Feel Devotion » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Since some posters here are saying Spanoulis can't shoot (I doubt they have ever seen him play even a single game), he just hit 6 threes against Turkey and led Greece to knock Turkey and Hedo out of the EuroBasket.

His shooting percentages during the EuroBasket are:

53.1 FG%

54.5 2PT FG%

51.6 3 PT FG%

89.2 FT%

It's quite interesting how some are swearing he cannot shoot.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,933

Post#73 » by KnicksGod » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:07 pm

How do we get this guy to come over?
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#74 » by KnicksGod » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:10 pm

I have no confidence that this report is based on actual club sources, but yet the plan seems like it is probably on or close to the mark (and would explain why the Knicks did not go out of their way to get Sessions):

NY Knicks 2010 FA Targets: LeBron, Amare/Bosh, Nash/Spanoulis
Michael Aligheri
2009-07-04 19:50
According to New York Knicks club sources, the team already has their summer of 2010 free agent wish list picked out. The Knicks would love to acquire LeBron James to play at small forward for them and one of either Amare Stoudemire or Chris Bosh to play at center for them in D'Antoni's fast-paced small ball style offense.

They would also love to acquire Steve Nash to man the team's offense at the point guard position. Their first priority would be LeBron James and then after that their next priority would be signing either Stoudemire or Bosh. If they were able to sign LeBron and one of either Bosh or Stoudemire then they would use their remaining money to go after Nash. Depending on the cap situation of the club and how much they could offer to Nash if they had already signed two of their desired free agents, they might not be able to also then sign Nash as planned.

In that case, the team would then pursue Greek point guard Vassilis Spanoulis who will also be a free agent in the summer of 2010 after his current contract with Panathinaikos Athens expires. Spanoulis would be signed to be the Knicks' starting point guard in the event that they do not end up with Nash. Of course this is all part of the Knick's 2010 master plan and any of this can come true or none of it. We just have to wait and see.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#75 » by Rasho Brezec » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:40 pm

I Feel Devotion wrote:Since some posters here are saying Spanoulis can't shoot (I doubt they have ever seen him play even a single game), he just hit 6 threes against Turkey and led Greece to knock Turkey and Hedo out of the EuroBasket.

53.1 FG%

54.5 2PT FG%

51.6 3 PT FG%

89.2 FT%

He's also leading in turnovers per game with 3,6 on average.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#76 » by Guy986 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I Feel Devotion wrote:Since some posters here are saying Spanoulis can't shoot (I doubt they have ever seen him play even a single game), he just hit 6 threes against Turkey and led Greece to knock Turkey and Hedo out of the EuroBasket.

53.1 FG%

54.5 2PT FG%

51.6 3 PT FG%

89.2 FT%

I've always maintained that Vspan is a good player. My impression of him was based on his stint with the Rockets where he couldn't hit the ocean with his long ball. Eventho he didn't shoot well, i could still see that he had enough nifty skills and potential to be a valuable player in the NBA. Hell, even JVG said "billy has alot of good qualities." However, the 3 point shot was not one of Billy's strengths. I believe he shot 17% from the 3 during his career in the NBA. Its not a big sample but neither is your Eurobasket shooting percentage. How many games is that? 5? 10?

Every scouting report i've read on Vspan states that he had a very erratic jumpshot. With the Rockets, his long ball was so bad that the opposition didn't even bother checking him at the 3 point line. Maybe he struggled trying to adapt to the longer 3 point line in the NBA. I dont know. All i remember was that he had a very unorthodox looking shot.

Like i said, he very well could've improved his 3 point shot over the past few years. I haven't seen much of him lately.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#77 » by KnicksGod » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Still those shooting %'s are extremely high. It's Euro ball but no way anybody could shoot over 50% from any 3 pt line without being a really good shooter.
Guy986
RealGM

Post#78 » by Guy986 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:15 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Still those shooting %'s are extremely high. It's Euro ball but no way anybody could shoot over 50% from any 3 pt line without being a really good shooter.

Spanoulis would instantly be the best PG on the Knicks if he really developed a consistent 3 point shot. But good luck getting the guy to come over. He HATED his time in America.

"In the beginning it was between him and Jeff Van Gundy. Now it is not. He didn't adjust to the American way of living. 'I cannot survive. I must stay at my home.' I do not understand how they cannot understand. It's something serious.

"I've been trying for one month and a half to make them understand. This is crazy. Believe me, he sold everything, his car, his apartment. He is not coming back. I don't understand how they don't understand. He said, 'I cannot live there. I thought I can. I was very happy when I signed the contract. After eight months, 10 months, I don't want a single second more.'"

http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?t=24360

Spanoulis is a quitter.
Guy986
RealGM

Post#79 » by Guy986 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_OgI8gxR2A

skip to 3:00 mark and look at Spanoulis facial expression. This video always cracks me up. He looked so utterly miserable. :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#80 » by KnicksGod » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:53 pm

Guy986 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_OgI8gxR2A

skip to 3:00 mark and look at Spanoulis facial expression. This video always cracks me up. He looked so utterly miserable. :lol:

His expression is really funny.

One would have to think that LeBron and NY could change his mind though.

Return to New York Knicks