ImageImageImageImageImage

Vasilieos Spanoulis a KNICKS!?!?!?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

I Feel Devotion
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Vasilieos Spanoulis a KNICKS!?!?!? 

Post#81 » by I Feel Devotion » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:56 pm

Here is an example of his shooting range, from just a couple days ago against France. He hit one from about 45 feet using his normal shooting motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBXLQCC6Ms&fmtl=18
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#82 » by Guy986 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:16 pm

I Feel Devotion wrote:Here is an example of his shooting range, from just a couple days ago against France. He hit one from about 45 feet using his normal shooting motion.

:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P0cVsv9EPg

Look at this guy's shooting range!!!
I Feel Devotion
Banned User

Post#83 » by I Feel Devotion » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:58 pm

Guy986 wrote:
I Feel Devotion wrote:Here is an example of his shooting range, from just a couple days ago against France. He hit one from about 45 feet using his normal shooting motion.

:roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P0cVsv9EPg

Look at this guy's shooting range!!!

Anyone can go to ESPN360.com and watch the games Spanoulis played with Greece against France and Turkey. His shooting is lights out from anywhere and any range. Just watch the games at ESPN360.com if you don't believe it.
brassviews
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#84 » by brassviews » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:49 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Guy986 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_OgI8gxR2A

skip to 3:00 mark and look at Spanoulis facial expression. This video always cracks me up. He looked so utterly miserable. :lol:

His expression is really funny.

One would have to think that LeBron and NY could change his mind though.

Haha, with Lebron and his theatrics, I don't think so. Spanoulis is more interested in playing basketball. Lebron is more interested in entertaining people, then playing basketball.

Also,
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#85 » by Jose7 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Another scrub. Whoopie. How many euro's have we heard about who have done nothing in the league?
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#86 » by gofret » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Jose7© wrote:Another scrub. Whoopie. How many euro's have we heard about who have done nothing in the league?

naah man he isnt scrub..he could be really good scorer off the bench but some people here overrating him though
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,334

Post#87 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:
I Feel Devotion wrote:Since some posters here are saying Spanoulis can't shoot (I doubt they have ever seen him play even a single game), he just hit 6 threes against Turkey and led Greece to knock Turkey and Hedo out of the EuroBasket.

His shooting percentages during the EuroBasket are:

53.1 FG%

54.5 2PT FG%

51.6 3 PT FG%

89.2 FT%

It's quite interesting how some are swearing he cannot shoot.

He's also leading in turnovers per game with 3,6 on average.

It's not uncommon for really good scorers to lead the league in turnovers. I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Duncan, Kobe & T-Mac have all had shared that honor.

Doesn't make it a good thing, but leading the league in turnovers isn't as bad as it sounds.
I don't remember ever feeling so relieved that a series was over. This one was a bit too tense for me. Great series, but not fun to watch, even though the good guys won.
gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#88 » by gofret » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:28 pm

^^ yeah he was the main playmaker/ball handler for Greece..Actually Greece do not have any playmaker besides him. Thats why he has so much TOs.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#89 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:37 pm

A lot of his turnovers are unreasonable and totally avoidable. Like when he drives towards the basket full speed and you just know he'll try some crazy pass to someone on the 3pt line because big men will simply raise their hands in the post.

He's okay, but the Knicks need a starting PG. The idea of Spanoulis starting is laughable and makes me want to throw up just thinking about it.
knickfan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#90 » by knickfan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 pm

I don't think we need a starting PG till 2010, this season it's more like auditioning.
http://www.knicksology.com - Knicks board fantasy ball
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#91 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Duhon is a perfectly fine solution till 2010.
knickfan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#92 » by knickfan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:53 pm

No argument there, doesn't hurt to try anyone else out while we have the luxury to do so though.
http://www.knicksology.com - Knicks board fantasy ball
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,873

Post#93 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Guy986 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Still those shooting %'s are extremely high. It's Euro ball but no way anybody could shoot over 50% from any 3 pt line without being a really good shooter.

Spanoulis would instantly be the best PG on the Knicks if he really developed a consistent 3 point shot. But good luck getting the guy to come over. He HATED his time in America.

http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?t=24360

Spanoulis is a quitter.[/quote]

why is the definition of a good PG 3point fg%
I Feel Devotion
Banned User

Post#94 » by I Feel Devotion » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:42 pm

EuroBasket 2009 All-Tournament Team

Vasileios Spanoulis
Miloš Teodosić
Rudy Fernandez
Erazem Lorbek
Pau Gasol (MVP)

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/coid_x ... de_on.html

Spain's Pau Gasol was selected as the Most Valuable Player and named to the All-Tournament team of EuroBasket 2009 presented by Tissot, the official timekeeper of Europe's premier basketball competition.

Gasol led his team to their first ever European men's title with 18 points 11 rebounds and three blocks in the 85-63 win over Serbia.

After losing in the championship game six times - most recently at home in 2007 - Spain finally broke through, thanks in large part to Gasol, who was the tournament's leading scorer with 18.6 points per contest while also grabbing 8.3 rebounds (2nd best) and blocking 2.2 shots per game (1st).

The star center headed the EuroBasket 2009 All-Tourament Team, which also featured his teammate Rudy Fernandez, who averaged 13.6 points and led all players with 2.1 steals per game.

The rest of the All-Tournament Team was rounded out by Serbia guard Milos Teodosic, Slovenian big man Erazem Lorbek and Greek guard Vasileios Spanoulis.
I Feel Devotion
Banned User

Post#95 » by I Feel Devotion » Sat Oct 3, 2009 1:16 am

From ESPN true Hoop:

Vasilis Spanoulis (Greece):

One of the top play makers in the tourney and was named to the 1st Team All-Eurobasket. Led Greece to the semifinals and drilled some big shots throughout the tourney. One of the better guards in Europe. He loves to attack the rim going either direction and draws fouls. He's extremely dangerous as a pull-up shooter, but less effective when forced to be a standstill shooter. He's just better when he gets a little rhythm into his shot. Defensively, moves his feet well laterally to stay in front of his man. Has the speed to hang in the NBA. Wasn't given much of a chance with Euro-averse Jeff Van Gundy. Possibly starting material in the NBA--at worst, a solid combo guard off the bench.

Like I said he's a good shooter, and he was not used properly or given a fair chance by Van Gundy.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#96 » by Guy986 » Sat Oct 3, 2009 1:38 am

Heres what Daryl Morey, GM of the Rockets said recently regarding Greek Mac

How is VSpan doing?

Morey: He is doing great – he is a solid player, he just won the MVP of Euroleague, the only difference between Scola and VSPan was lack of patience…Scola worked his butt off, and VSpan was not willing to wait, was not ready to start, agreed with JVG and did not handle it well, really.

Morey thinks Vspan is every bit as good as Scola. He's just not willing to be patient. Even Scola came off the bench in the beginning for the Rox.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#97 » by Paeds » Sat Oct 3, 2009 2:13 am

As long as he has matured I am cool with him

Return to New York Knicks