ImageImageImageImageImage

so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right??

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Re: so i guess we all agree that darko should start, right?? 

Post#41 » by mjhp911 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:27 pm

I disagree with Dudu having to start, but I agree with Lee. If it were up to me, I'd start a Douglas-Robinson backcourt. Chandler rounds out the starters.
dk7th
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#42 » by dk7th » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 pm

mjhp911 wrote:I disagree with Dudu having to start, but I agree with Lee. If it were up to me, I'd start a Douglas-Robinson backcourt. Chandler rounds out the starters.

hey if douglas is capable of running a pick and roll and he can stick the jumper the way duhon has demonstrated then i'm all for it. plus douglas is a better athlete, the better defender, and looks in better shape too.

however if douglas can't do those things then you have to let duhon do his thing as much as you think he stinks. i thought he did well as orchestrator which is tougher role to find these days. robinson couldn't do it. the knicks were on course for 38 wins last season until duhon fell apart and then the team floundered.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,354

Post#43 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Paeds wrote:Nate is a good player

that nobody happened to want in the offseason.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#44 » by Paeds » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:51 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Paeds wrote:Nate is a good player

that nobody happened to want in the offseason.

Knicks wanted him and arent we lucky fo rit
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,221

Post#45 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Starksfor3 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:I agree that he should start. I think its better to start off with your best defensive bigs when you dont have much better options.

Darko
Lee
Harrington
Chandler
Duhon

But D'Antoni usually likes to play small and spread the floor. So I doubt he starts.

That's the way to go in my opinion. A good mix of offense and defense and off the bench, you can have Douglas, Gallo and uhhhh...

Yea I like that lineup as well. I think its our best and most balanced lineup to start. Then bring Nate, Gallo, Douglas, and Jeffries/Hughes off the bench
Vash
Rookie
And1: 129

Post#46 » by Vash » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:11 am

Knicks Best Lineup:

Duhon
Chandler
Gallo
Lee Milicic

Lineup We will get:

Duhon
Hughes
CHandler
Harrington
Lee

Knicks will hope to deal Harrington for something, a pick and someone short term. Same as hughes that's why we are sunk to begin the season. Knicks don't have the fortitude to do the right thing. We will also get a dose of CUrry cause the KNicks need to deal him....hahahaha...

All the Knciks have been terrible. But it is preaseason and not all teams are the Celticcs, Laker, Blazers..ect...

I have been disappointed but this is why it is called preseason.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,768

Post#47 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:19 am

mjhp911 wrote:
Agreed. No showcasing O-Face either. Play the best team, play to win. We still don't own our pick next summer, and we need to show prospective FA's were a halfway decent destination.

:roll: A FA isn't going to care about the difference between 33 and 37 games. A big name free agent WILL however be intrigued by the possibility of playing alongside another one. By showcasing Curry and Jeffries it gives us a better chance of being in that position.

Thankfully Donnie/Mike know this and will be (and already are) showcasing Jeffries, along with Curry when he's healthy.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#48 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:52 am

bball_jay wrote:
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:
did Jesus play the 4 or 5? cause i dont see anyone else being able to develop darko into anything special on offense..

he has a great skillset that's going completely unused. 3 point range, great passing, lefty hook in the post, monster screens. even though you're wrong why does he have to be special on offense??

with darko's defensive ability he just has to get 10 points and it's major plus for the team cause the other team scores less with him out there. defense wins championships. everybody wants 20 and 10 from the center. but it's totally not needed in today's game.

it's time to play to win. loser organizations play for the lottery and for salary dumps.

lol. darko? great passing? 3pt range?
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#49 » by NYKnick87 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:52 am

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
mjhp911 wrote:
Agreed. No showcasing O-Face either. Play the best team, play to win. We still don't own our pick next summer, and we need to show prospective FA's were a halfway decent destination.

:roll: A FA isn't going to care about the difference between 33 and 37 games. A big name free agent WILL however be intrigued by the possibility of playing alongside another one. By showcasing Curry and Jeffries it gives us a better chance of being in that position.

Thankfully Donnie/Mike know this and will be (and already are) showcasing Jeffries, along with Curry when he's healthy.

Showcase Curry all you want, but nobody is going to take him. Nobody. There's just no reason to. Even if Curry were to show glimpses of what he was doing a few years ago, taking on Curry at this juncture would just be fiscally irresponsible.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,768

Post#50 » by NyKnicks1714 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:58 am

NYKnick87 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
mjhp911 wrote:

Showcase Curry all you want, but nobody is going to take him. Nobody. There's just no reason to. Even if Curry were to show glimpses of what he was doing a few years ago, taking on Curry at this juncture would just be fiscally irresponsible.

Probably not, but we have to give ourselves a chance. There's a decent chance of moving Jeffries though, but he has to play. Burying him on the bench (where he probably belongs) would be a fatal error.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#51 » by mugzi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:17 am

blueNorange wrote:1. another year of lee losing all but 3 tip offs to start the game must end.
2. teams don't waltz in the paint untouched.
3. someone who has legit size and weight for a center.

besides darko showed good court vision with some nifty passes.

i know d'antoni sees darko coming off the bench for 18ish minutes a night but he should start and get 25 minutes because he's the best the knicks got as how awful and pathetic that sounds.

Yup.

Eddy needs to earn his minutes, right now, we need d and shotblocking at the 5 more than we need a low post scorer in Eddy. We have scorers up the wahzoo, what we haven't had is an adequate defensive presence at the 5, since #33.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#52 » by Darko Miliminutes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:23 am

bball_jay wrote:
did Jesus play the 4 or 5? cause i dont see anyone else being able to develop darko into anything special on offense..

he has a great skillset that's going completely unused. 3 point range, great passing, lefty hook in the post, monster screens. even though you're wrong why does he have to be special on offense??

with darko's defensive ability he just has to get 10 points and it's major plus for the team cause the other team scores less with him out there. defense wins championships. everybody wants 20 and 10 from the center. but it's totally not needed in today's game.

it's time to play to win. loser organizations play for the lottery and for salary dumps.

lol. darko? great passing? 3pt range?

Great passing...effin absolutely.
3pt range...in europe, practice and shoot arounds. can't vouch for that.

His D, his IQ, his passing are undeniable. Unless of course you haven't watched and have no clue.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,657

Post#53 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:25 am

Darko should start regardless of whether Curry is ready or not. I can't stand it when DLee is our only big man.

Eddy needs to earn his minutes. He needs the Knicks more than the Knicks need him. If I was the Knicks, I'd tell Curry that there's no more babying him. It's either he performs to the best of his ability this year and stay in shape or he's getting buried on the bench for the next 2 seasons. If I was D'Antoni, I would be that vicious. I'll sit him out his contract year and make him useless so that no one would sign him and he'd be rusty. Fk the guy's future. But knowing Eddy, he won't step up. I just wish he does.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#54 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:56 am

Darko Miliminutes wrote:

His D, his IQ, his passing are undeniable. Unless of course you haven't watched and have no clue.

ok.. so hes a high iq, good defensive player with great passing and 3 point range, are you clowns listening to yourselves?

-hes a project.. he was traded to us for QUENTIN RICHARDSON from the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES aka one of the worst teams in the game
-he has 0 confidence
-he has OK passing skills but isnt a great passer.. kg is a great passer, shaq is a great passer, gasol is a great passer..
-you claim he is a great shooter yet he has shot 45% for his career while being 7ft tall? 3point shooter? yet he has taken FIVE in his career and hes 0 for 5?
-oh btw back to his passing skills, he averages 1.5 assists PER 36 minutes for his career..
-hes not a great defensive player, hes an ok defensive player who can block some shots, if he was so good on D he wouldnt have been traded 900x and again, for quentin richardson
-high IQ? idk where you are getting this, the guy looks absolutely lost out there and again what good is high IQ if you have no confidence? the man admitted himself he has no confidence and anyone who has played ANY sport knows no confidence=no good

he should start strictly because we have no1 better at the 5 because we suck and maybe he can keep some guys out of the lane, but LOL at these 2 people making him sound like hes pau gasol.. GREAT PASSER GREAT RANGE HIGH IQ SOLID DEFENSE man and we got him for q-rich what a steal i smell 50 wins..

sooo, which one of you two is joe dumars?
Darko Miliminutes
Analyst
And1: 425

Post#55 » by Darko Miliminutes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:11 am

Darko Miliminutes wrote:

ok.. so hes a high iq, good defensive player with great passing and 3 point range, are you clowns listening to yourselves?

-hes a project.. he was traded to us for QUENTIN RICHARDSON from the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES aka one of the worst teams in the game
-he has 0 confidence
-he has OK passing skills but isnt a great passer.. kg is a great passer, shaq is a great passer, gasol is a great passer..
-you claim he is a great shooter yet he has shot 45% for his career while being 7ft tall? 3point shooter? yet he has taken FIVE in his career and hes 0 for 5?
-oh btw back to his passing skills, he averages 1.5 assists PER 36 minutes for his career..
-hes not a great defensive player, hes an ok defensive player who can block some shots, if he was so good on D he wouldnt have been traded 900x and again, for quentin richardson
-high IQ? idk where you are getting this, the guy looks absolutely lost out there and again what good is high IQ if you have no confidence? the man admitted himself he has no confidence and anyone who has played ANY sport knows no confidence=no good

he should start strictly because we have no1 better at the 5 because we suck and maybe he can keep some guys out of the lane, but LOL at these 2 people making him sound like hes pau gasol.. GREAT PASSER GREAT RANGE HIGH IQ SOLID DEFENSE man and we got him for q-rich what a steal i smell 50 wins..

I'm guessing just a couple weeks ago you were saying he's garbage...a scrub. Then you saw him play. So now at least he's a "decent defender". As you continue to watch him, your opinion of him will continue changing. That's all i'm saying. Stats can only show so much.

He's not done much thus far, very true. EXCEPT when given consistent minutes. Give him mins. involve him in the offense a bit and you'll have a great passing, high iq, elite level defense big. Wait until he gets some confidence in his jumper, then you'll really be surprised. He can put the ball on the floor and drive a bit too. The key is consistent mins. with consistent involvement. A few of us know this because we've actually watched him over the years. Not just looked at stats, and listened to the media. Every week he's on your team, you'll like him all the more...guarantee it.
Will you fools ever realize that when the cameras are on and the microphones are hot, they are Lying to you! Lying to illicit a prescribed reaction, to easier manipulate you.

Useful idiots!
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#56 » by bringinhinkie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:02 am

Darko Miliminutes wrote:
Darko Miliminutes wrote:

-he has 0 confidence

I'm guessing just a couple weeks ago you were saying he's garbage...a scrub. Then you saw him play. So now at least he's a "decent defender". As you continue to watch him, your opinion of him will continue changing. That's all i'm saying. Stats can only show so much.

He's not done much thus far, very true. EXCEPT when given consistent minutes. Give him mins. involve him in the offense a bit and you'll have a great passing, high iq, elite level defense big. Wait until he gets some confidence in his jumper, then you'll really be surprised. He can put the ball on the floor and drive a bit too. The key is consistent mins. with consistent involvement. A few of us know this because we've actually watched him over the years. Not just looked at stats, and listened to the media. Every week he's on your team, you'll like him all the more...guarantee it.

never said i didnt like him, i actually supported the trade as did everyone, but to say he is an elite defender and great passer with 3 point range is just silly, cause that sounds more like larry bird than darko milicic
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#57 » by method » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:16 am

Thorn wrote:
gr3en wrote:we should really think about hiring a good big man coach for Darko and Hill.

Ewing or Oak.

sINCE eWING IS ALREADY WORKING WITH hOWARd i WOULDNT MIND jABBER TO COME IN FOR hiLL HE DID A GREAT JOB WITH bYNUM AND THE lAKERS JUST LET HIM GO.hE ALSO LIVES IN ny.wHEN IT WAS HERE WE HAD jABBER SCOUTING FOR US WHICH DIDNT LAST LONG.Sorry for all caps,didnt realize till I was done typing.:)
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,354

Post#58 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:31 am

*sigh*

just when crawful and marbury fans are gone another one comes.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#59 » by FutureKnicksGM » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:48 am

My lineup changes every game. Right now i would probably play:
Darko/Jeffries
Lee/Harrington
Gallo/Hughes
Chandler/Nate
Duhon/Douglas
bball_jay
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#60 » by bball_jay » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:36 pm

never said i didnt like him, i actually supported the trade as did everyone, but to say he is an elite defender and great passer with 3 point range is just silly, cause that sounds more like larry bird than darko milicic

larry bird wasn't an elite defender. but whatever.

yes. darko has shot very few 3 pointers in games. but i have personally watched him in lots of shootarounds, games in europe and a few practices. the guy can shoot the 3 ball. google it and several coaches have mentioned his 3 point shooting. just because he doesn't shoot it doesn't mean he can't. he's actually been punished his whole career for shooting outside shots so how successful can you expect a player to be if he knows he's going out the game make or miss for shooting a jumper. watch by midseason if he's allowed to shoot they will start dropping at a high percentage.

yes. he has a low career fg percentage but he has also never been allowed to play his game. take gallo who is supposedly a great shooter and put him in the post against dwight howard and tell him to score and trust me he won't shoot a high percentage. darko was a high post player when he came into the league and was forcibly changed into a low post player.

yes. he's a great passer. how many other 7 footers can throw a 1 handed touch pass on the break. he's got good vision. the reason he outplayed dwight in the playoffs against detroit was because of darko's ability to pass. good passer does not mean lots of assists. again stop looking at stats.

yes. he's an elite defender. just watch him against the leagues best big men and you'll see. there is no stat for altering shots or not allowing a player to get position or boxing out. stop looking at stats and watch him play you'll get a new appreciation for him.

Return to New York Knicks