ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone have ESPN insider?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Anyone have ESPN insider? 

Post#1 » by waya » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:22 pm

I'd like to see their Top 20 Sophomore list. All I know is, Lopez topped it and Ilyasova is at no. 4 (according to the Buck forum)
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: Anyone have ESPN insider? 

Post#2 » by King of Canada » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

13. Danilo Gallinari, Knicks
Since he was drafted, there has been a lot of buzz from Knicks personnel about what a great shooter Gallo is. He's proving them right. He has hit 34 of 72 3s (47 percent) and 22 of 25 free throws (88 percent). He can change a game with that kind of shooting, and already had a game in which he made 8 of 16 3s. However, he's doing little else of impact right now. He's not among the top 50 power forwards in defensive rebound rate. To be worthy of his draft slot, he needs to do more.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by hobojoe2131 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:27 pm

8. Danilo Gallinari, Knicks | Previous rank: 13
The Knicks are on the upswing, and Gallo is part of the reason why. He continues to be a shooting threat and has scored in double figures in three of their recent wins. He's also making defensive contributions, adding 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks so far in December.

Knicks fans are surely envisioning his skills meshing well with a certain MVP-caliber 3-man. I'll put it another way: If Gallo was a Cav, Cleveland would be the best team in basketball.
^ MP creation
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by hobojoe2131 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

King of Canada wrote:13. Danilo Gallinari, Knicks
Since he was drafted, there has been a lot of buzz from Knicks personnel about what a great shooter Gallo is. He's proving them right. He has hit 34 of 72 3s (47 percent) and 22 of 25 free throws (88 percent). He can change a game with that kind of shooting, and already had a game in which he made 8 of 16 3s. However, he's doing little else of impact right now. He's not among the top 50 power forwards in defensive rebound rate. To be worthy of his draft slot, he needs to do more.

thats old
^ MP creation
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by hobojoe2131 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:28 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:8. Danilo Gallinari, Knicks | Previous rank: 13
The Knicks are on the upswing, and Gallo is part of the reason why. He continues to be a shooting threat and has scored in double figures in three of their recent wins. He's also making defensive contributions, adding 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks so far in December.

Knicks fans are surely envisioning his skills meshing well with a certain MVP-caliber 3-man. I'll put it another way: If Gallo was a Cav, Cleveland would be the best team in basketball.

Great quote, and what i've been saying
^ MP creation
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#6 » by waya » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

My guess is he'll be in the top 5 come January.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#7 » by King of Canada » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm

hobojoe2131 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:13. Danilo Gallinari, Knicks

thats old

lol. Didn't know this was an ongoing thing.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
SoCalKnickFan
Rookie
And1: 325

Post#8 » by SoCalKnickFan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Wow, who's the author?
SoCalKnickFan
runnyc
RealGM
And1: 1,248

Post#9 » by runnyc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 pm

:clap:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,507

Post#10 » by j4remi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:34 pm

And I now have a sig...
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by hobojoe2131 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:34 pm

SoCalKnickFan wrote:Wow, who's the author?

David Thorpe
^ MP creation
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#12 » by kane2021 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:36 pm

The statement in bold is well...........a bold statement. And this is coming from espn?

The kid is slowly earning respect. His name is popping up in more conversations. His photo popping up on more sites about bball. We have a right to be excited. The kid was billed a 3 year project, and had a major set back. I would say he is ahead of schedule.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#13 » by Red Vines » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Who would have thought Beasley, Mayo, and Rose would be 10, 11, 12 at this point ...
TBT
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by TBT » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 pm

can someone post the whole list
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#15 » by Esq-4 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Yeah. Beasley is actually playing well compared to last year, but Rose was awesome last year, what happened? Losing Gordon hurt him that much?

Mayo is tough to figure, a lot of shooters/scorers on that team. One of the those few teams that could honestly have too much talent, combined with a lack of veteran leadership and team players. But that might change if Gay gets a new zip code.

The only guys off the top of my head that you can argue we passed on and shouldn't have, so far, are Lopez and Eric Gordon. And even Gordon I don't care about at all. And I think Gallo will be >>> Lopez. Augustin would have been nice so we had a PG, but isn't killing it right now.

Gallo = Good Pick
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#16 » by TKF » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 pm

j4remi wrote:

And I now have a sig...

WOW.. that is very high praise.. really it is....
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#17 » by Shemy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:27 pm

thats some serious praise
"They scared now"
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#18 » by BasicBall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Wow! That is eye-popping. Funny if someone on this forum had said that, he/she would get murdered. But it is true. As I said about Jamal Crawford, put him in the right situation with players and give him a certain role to play and you get what he is giving Atlanta now. Jamal would be another one that would flourish playing with Lebron...

Lebron has to do too much with Cleveland, it would be great to put him with a shooter like Gallo....I say it all the time, NY has as much if not more talent than Cleveland right now. They have better pieces and a MUCH better offensive mind on the sidelines. Mike has them buying into the team concept (slowly) Add a star to that mix (a leader) and let's see how it goes......

By the way, aint no better venue than MSG to see an event (especially basketball) The joint is made for it....That UCONN - KENTUCKY game was all the evidence you need, good basketball played in MSG, nothing like it!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
D-Nice
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by D-Nice » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Lebron
Gallo
Shaq

That would be amazing for the Cavaliers. That basically allows Shaq to see single coverage and gives Lebron another shooting threat. That wouldn't easily make them the best team in basketball, but they'll be in the argument.
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#20 » by Esq-4 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:38 pm

JC is doing what he doing b/c he is playing the role he should...6th man combo guard off the bench. Thats what he always was. We asked him to be our superstar, and that he is not.

JC can play on my team any day, as the 6th man. And he should be in consideration for that award year in and year out. Start him and ask him to do too much he will make mistakes and have too many off games. IMO he is very similar to Harrington only a combo guard not a tweener. But instead of forcing Harrington to be that superstar, as Mike D said, he slowed things down, and more players can contribute. Hughes is playing well and so is Gallo and Lee.

You want JC was one of your top 2 players and you won't make the playoffs, look at his career.

Return to New York Knicks