ImageImageImageImageImage

Anyone have ESPN insider?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

TBT
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: Anyone have ESPN insider? 

Post#21 » by TBT » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:51 pm

david thorpe should lose his job for that comment.

the defintion of delusional
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#22 » by BasicBall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Esq-4 wrote:JC is doing what he doing b/c he is playing the role he should...6th man combo guard off the bench. Thats what he always was. We asked him to be our superstar, and that he is not.

JC can play on my team any day, as the 6th man. And he should be in consideration for that award year in and year out. Start him and ask him to do too much he will make mistakes and have too many off games. IMO he is very similar to Harrington only a combo guard not a tweener. But instead of forcing Harrington to be that superstar, as Mike D said, he slowed things down, and more players can contribute. Hughes is playing well and so is Gallo and Lee.

You want JC was one of your top 2 players and you won't make the playoffs, look at his career.

I agree. Jamal was never a star, but my argument was that IF he played on a good team you'd see what type of player he is....Quite simply one of the best 1 on 1 players in the league. Always been a big fan of his and always will be. But yes he is a rotation player, in the top 6 on a good team.

Gallo can be a star! Hopefully he will be just that for NY.
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#23 » by BasicBall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:00 pm

TBT wrote:david thorpe should lose his job for that comment.

:lol: If Lebron had Hedo, would that be better? Perhaps Peja? Bron went to the finals with Boobie Gibson getting kickouts from Lebron. Thorpe makes a very good point. But Mike Brown will be the reason Lebron leaves Cleveland.

Make no mistake, Lebron is watching the innocent climb of The Knicks this season! :D
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm not quite sure what he means either. Does he mean best team as in they win a chip for sure? The Cavs were the best regular season team in the NBA minus a Gallo type... plus other players they added this yr. So by saying adding a respectable piece like Gallo to their team isn't really going out on a limb here.

Here's a thought. If you add Gallo to Phx do they get to the Finals?
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#25 » by BasicBall » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:31 pm

TheBluest wrote:

I'm not quite sure what he means either. Does he mean best team as in they win a chip for sure? The Cavs were the best regular season team in the NBA minus a Gallo type... plus other players they added this yr. So by saying adding a respectable piece like Gallo to their team isn't really going out on a limb here.

Interesting! :o
TBT
Pro Prospect

Post#26 » by TBT » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 pm

TheBluest wrote:

not over the lakers, no.
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#27 » by Jstarks3 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:38 pm

TBT wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

not over the lakers, no.

if you like the lakers so much, why are you on this board
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
4PointPlay
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#28 » by 4PointPlay » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 pm

What the....

MORE espn love?!

I'm scared to go outside incase i see a cat riding a bike backwards.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#29 » by DocZaius » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:41 pm

i'm trying to figure out which former poster you used to be... :thinking: :thinking:
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#30 » by truth serum » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:46 pm

I just posted this on the general board. A frenzy will surely follow.
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by DaGoodz » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 pm

I have never watched Ilyasova, but his stats are underwhelming? Why is he rated 4? Over Mayo ,Beasley or ROse, they all have better stats.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,148

Post#32 » by waya » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:57 pm

truth serum wrote:I just posted this on the general board. A frenzy will surely follow.

Do you expect them to agree with it? Just a bunch of Knick and Gallo bashing will result

80 percent of basketball viewers are Knick haters. The rest are from NYC.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#33 » by truth serum » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 pm

waya wrote:
truth serum wrote:I just posted this on the general board. A frenzy will surely follow.

Do you expect them to agree with it? Just a bunch of Knick and Gallo bashing will result

Don't expect them to agree at all. I just want to see the reaction. I love the hate actually. When Gallo and LeBron are playing for a Knicks team with the best record in the NBA next year, it will all be worthwhile :winkgrin:
nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#34 » by nykfan70 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 pm

truth serum wrote:
waya wrote:

Don't expect them to agree at all. I just want to see the reaction. I love the hate actually. When Gallo and LeBron are playing for a Knicks team with the best record in the NBA next year, it will all be worthwhile :winkgrin:

What if he doesn't come here? Have you thought about that? Would it still be worthwhile if we get somebody else, besides LBJ?

I am all for wanting him to come here, but if he doesn't, and we get somebody else, it can't be the end of the world for this team.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#35 » by KnicksScholar24 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 pm

BasicBall wrote:
hobojoe2131 wrote:8. Danilo Gallinari, Knicks | Previous rank: 13
The Knicks are on the upswing, and Gallo is part of the reason why. He continues to be a shooting threat and has scored in double figures in three of their recent wins. He's also making defensive contributions, adding 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocks so far in December.

Knicks fans are surely envisioning his skills meshing well with a certain MVP-caliber 3-man. I'll put it another way: If Gallo was a Cav, Cleveland would be the best team in basketball.

Wow! That is eye-popping. Funny if someone on this forum had said that, he/she would get murdered. But it is true. As I said about Jamal Crawford, put him in the right situation with players and give him a certain role to play and you get what he is giving Atlanta now. Jamal would be another one that would flourish playing with Lebron...

Come on. That's not true. Just because someone from ESPN said it doesn't mean it's any more true/valid than if someone this board said it. Gallinari and LeBron do not make a championship caliber duo, at least not at this point. You'll need another all-star caliber player and Gallinari will have to prove he can score when pressure is applied the whole game. Right now, he just passes it to the closes teammate. I don't think Gallinari added to James, Williams, Shaq, Z, and all of their other players equal the best team in basketball. That would still be the Lakers, and maybe the Celtics as well. Both teams have multiple proven all-stars and recent championship wins.

Are...

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Lebron
Channing Frye
Shaq

or

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Lebron
Troy Murphy
Shaq

or

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Lebron
Shaq

or

Mo Williams
Anthony Parker
Lebron
*Insert good 3-point shooting PF* (R. Anderson, V. Radmanovic, etc)
Shaq

... the best team in the NBA caliber starting lineups as well?
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
hehe624
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#36 » by hehe624 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 am

waya wrote:

i've only spent one night, ever, in NYC (Flushing). and that was when i was 5 and on a trip. yet most of this board thinks i'm too optimistic about the knicks =)
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#37 » by StutterStep » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 am

Lopez is number 1?

Funny how the first post(s) in this thread was about to bash until they saw Gallo at #8 and next to LeBron. :lol:
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#38 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:57 am

Nice to see Gallo getting noticed. Although I'm sure KnicksGod will think this list is a joke considering who they have at #1.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#39 » by PrecociousNeoph » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:00 am

to me what solidifies his spot on these lists is that every game he proves more and more that he isn't just a shooter. he defends, rebounds, blocks shots, now and then he'll have a nice pass. and now we're seeing him take the ball to the hoop more.
“Bye, Felicia.”
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#40 » by KnicksGod » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:01 am

pennyspree wrote:Nice to see Gallo getting noticed. Although I'm sure KnicksGod will think this list is a joke considering who they have at #1.

I think the list is based on productivity statistically. Isn't Ryan Anderson ahead of Gallo?

The fact that Brook is racking up points/rebounds is not debatable -- his talents are not that of a great player, is my only point. Keith Van Horn had a lot of points/rebounds in his Nets career and everybody knew he was bad. Same with Eddy Curry. Lopez is a good player but he's not a 1st or 2nd option on a great team.

Return to New York Knicks