ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,724

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0 

Post#981 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm

cedric76 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:This offseason could get really interesting if Booker asks out. There is a good chance we would make it onto his list.

There is interesting debate to be had. Booker vs Young. Size vs passing

Booker would be very nice here but would cost a lot.

You can get a lesser player (monk) for less

"VERY NICE"? Booker is like MVP-candidate nice...that's very different from "almost 6MOY once"

He would cost a LOT though...I really couldn't care less about any more "bargains"...hopefully, we're past that.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#982 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
Skybox wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:We could sweeten the Carter + Black offer to the Hawks for Murray by adding Isaac and taking back Hunter. Hunter is over paid but seems like he could fill Isaac's role. Isaac's injury history scares me about investing in him long term.

Thinking about this…hard to pay more than a ‘Core 4’ and Isaac is heading for a payday - right when the rookie extensions kick in. He brings amazing defensive impact but, given his injury history & lack of offense, maybe selling high to get a more balanced core is smart. Nobody should be completely untouchable…it’s strategic team-building - I’m sure IND didn’t “want” to move Sabonis but it sure worked out. Hunter is a negative value, but a good versatile forward…maybe taking him into cap space let’s us keep a pick that would’ve been included in the deal…

ORL sends: Isaac, Jett, DEN 25, ORL 26 (top 8 protected)
ATL sends: Murray, Hunter, Griffin
I like it. I also liked your idea of Isaac for Murray. Maybe add the Denver 2025 pick to soften Isaac injury risk. We could then get Nic Claxton in FA (4 years/$80M) to make up for Isaac's lost defense. Two new starters in Claxton and Murray taking Fultz and Carter's spots. Carter and Cole could then be trade bait to strengthen our bench if needed.

Murray and Clax (on a reasonable deal) without giving up all the cap space or WCJ...dream summer. I'd, of course, love to keep Isaac but decisions WILL be faced over the next couple of years...that kind of haul would certainly soften the blow. ORL ownership is simply not going to be the GSW check-writers of the East. Even with contention happening, it's just not sustainable to max half a dozen guys. Successful drafting brings its own concerns...good problem to face, but still real.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,553

Post#983 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm

I don’t understand being more active in an offseason trade and free agency thread when your team just won its 2nd playoff game.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,793

Post#984 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

Bensational wrote:I don’t understand being more active in an offseason trade and free agency thread when your team just won its 2nd playoff game.

I think it’s the idea that this team has so much promise and with a few more moves they can be contenders.

And not everyone reacts to wins the same way, people are different.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#985 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

I think Murray or Simons is the move.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,688

Post#986 » by Knightro » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:13 pm

Bensational wrote:I don’t understand being more active in an offseason trade and free agency thread when your team just won its 2nd playoff game.

Because they’re a few personnel moves away from being a LOT more than a nice story with a couple of home playoff wins in round 1.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#987 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

Skybox wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:
Skybox wrote:
Thinking about this…hard to pay more than a ‘Core 4’ and Isaac is heading for a payday - right when the rookie extensions kick in. He brings amazing defensive impact but, given his injury history & lack of offense, maybe selling high to get a more balanced core is smart. Nobody should be completely untouchable…it’s strategic team-building - I’m sure IND didn’t “want” to move Sabonis but it sure worked out. Hunter is a negative value, but a good versatile forward…maybe taking him into cap space let’s us keep a pick that would’ve been included in the deal…

ORL sends: Isaac, Jett, DEN 25, ORL 26 (top 8 protected)
ATL sends: Murray, Hunter, Griffin
I like it. I also liked your idea of Isaac for Murray. Maybe add the Denver 2025 pick to soften Isaac injury risk. We could then get Nic Claxton in FA (4 years/$80M) to make up for Isaac's lost defense. Two new starters in Claxton and Murray taking Fultz and Carter's spots. Carter and Cole could then be trade bait to strengthen our bench if needed.

Murray and Clax (on a reasonable deal) without giving up all the cap space or WCJ...dream summer. I'd, of course, love to keep Isaac but decisions WILL be faced over the next couple of years...that kind of haul would certainly soften the blow. ORL ownership is simply not going to be the GSW check-writers of the East. Even with contention happening, it's just not sustainable to max half a dozen guys. Successful drafting brings its own concerns...good problem to face, but still real.

Claxton would be amazing...Jarrett Allen would be perfect for this team
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#988 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 pm

Knightro wrote:

Because they’re a few personnel moves away from being a LOT more than a nice story with a couple of home playoff wins in round 1.

Pretty much
meatwad4343
Rookie
And1: 277

Post#989 » by meatwad4343 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:24 pm

Skybox wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

"VERY NICE"? Booker is like MVP-candidate nice...that's very different from "almost 6MOY once"

He would cost a LOT though...I really couldn't care less about any more "bargains"...hopefully, we're past that.

What does that even cost? You're probably looking at Suggs, Issac, black and multiple 1sts at the very least
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,553

Post#990 » by Bensational » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:25 pm

Knightro wrote:

Possibly. Or they could be a few personnel moves away from being a worse version of themselves like Phoenix, or Atlanta, or Golden State. Or they could be a couple of wins away from a round 2 appearance.

It’s not like any moves can happen right now while the team is still playing in the playoffs. I just don’t understand how your focus can be there when we’ve got guys out there giving it their all right now, and doing the great things that give you the feeling they’re only a few moves away.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,488

Post#991 » by eyriq » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:41 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Knicks fan here. I think Immanuel Quickley would be a seamless fit into your starting lineup
What's your view on our biggest needs? And how do you think we'll fill those needs?
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,222

Post#992 » by cedric76 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 pm

Skybox wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Lol, it would cost Franz so it wouldn't make us title contender so not gonna happen. So very nice to think about adding him but not gonna happen, when monk can easily happen
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#993 » by Rainwater » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Knicks fan here. I think Immanuel Quickley would be a seamless fit into your starting lineup

I would love Quickly here, wanted the Magic to trade for him before Toronto got him. However, since he is now in Toronto there is no chance I see Tor letting him go. I think raptors got him with the intention of resigning him which makes sense.
Rabaca
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#994 » by Rabaca » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 pm

I'm not into the rules and salaries, but Ja Morant signing with Mike Miller agency can mean something related to Magic?
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 591

Post#995 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:20 pm

Rabaca wrote:I'm not into the rules and salaries, but Ja Morant signing with Mike Miller agency can mean something related to Magic?

Could be and I hope so.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,720

Post#996 » by ogmagicfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 pm

Knightro wrote:

This.

We're competing in the 1st round with a roster that has blatant gaps.

Imagine what happens when we shore those gaps up :o
Skybox
RealGM

Post#997 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:07 pm

Bensational wrote:
Knightro wrote:

Possibly. Or they could be a few personnel moves away from being a worse version of themselves like Phoenix, or Atlanta, or Golden State. Or they could be a couple of wins away from a round 2 appearance.

It’s not like any moves can happen right now while the team is still playing in the playoffs. I just don’t understand how your focus can be there when we’ve got guys out there giving it their all right now, and doing the great things that give you the feeling they’re only a few moves away.

That's what this thread is specifically for (and most of the forum)...I guess there's a place in the game thread to say "Great job guys" a few times.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#998 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:10 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Lol, it would cost Franz so it wouldn't make us title contender so not gonna happen. So very nice to think about adding him but not gonna happen, when monk can easily happen

Yes. Monk could easily happen. So could Beasley and re-upping Ingles and Fultz...EASY Sucks...that's why GM's hoard cap space and extra picks - we can do hard things.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,720

Post#999 » by ogmagicfan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:15 pm

Our board can be so knee jerkish

After the first 2 games, people were spamming trades including WCJ & multiple 1sts for players like Simons :noway:

We dont win either of the last 2 games without WCJ starting. His screening, 3 pt shooting, & intangibles have been huge
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 591

Post#1000 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:31 pm

Skybox wrote:
Bensational wrote:
Knightro wrote:

That's what this thread is specifically for (and most of the forum)...I guess there's a place in the game thread to say "Great job guys" a few times.

Fans gonna be fans, buddy :D

Return to Orlando Magic