ImageImageImageImage

Boris Diaw

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,572

Boris Diaw 

Post#1 » by Bensational » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:05 pm

I wonder how long Diaw is going to be able to keep handing in sub par performances and keep his place in Phoenix? he's got a pretty sizeable contract, and that team is a bit cap conscious. although, with Marion most likely leaving at the end of this season i'm sure he's pretty safe with the team.

it's disappointing to see him struggling. i really like the guy and the way he plays, and would like to think that he'd be an awesome post partner for Dwight.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#2 » by EasternMagic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:10 pm

id like to have diaw also if we could just give him a pay cut
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#3 » by zuppafly » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:13 pm

I guess we've found the reason he's playing like a tired man this season. :lol:
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#4 » by laVal03 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:44 pm

his contract is way to big and he hasn't came close to living up to it, after seeing those pictures(at least the 1st 2) I have more respect for him but he needs to lay off the big girls in that 3rd pic, thats prolly whats messing him up
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#5 » by Dwightmare » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:51 pm

Diaw would be a very versatile 4.

Garrity (4M exp)
Dooling or Arroyo (4M exp)

for

Diaw (9M for 5 years)

I and the Magic probably would do this but would Phoenix? Are expirings enough for PHX to give up on Diaw or do we need to involve a 1st round pick?
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#6 » by lovehoops01 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:03 am

So the guy is underachieving with the offensively efficient Suns with a big contract and his national team was on him this summer for not doing more and you want to bring him in here? Don't you see this as in direct opposition to some of your current complaints?
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#7 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:25 am

lovehoops01 wrote:So the guy is underachieving with the offensively efficient Suns with a big contract and his national team was on him this summer for not doing more and you want to bring him in here? Don't you see this as in direct opposition to some of your current complaints?

I agree with you, I think Diaw has shown himself as a one hit wonder that has gotten lazy now that he got his contract.

Diaw has some nice tools, but I wouldn't trade for that contract.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#8 » by aleZ » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:33 am

Diaw's still a very versatile player who can effectively man 4-5 positions like he did for the Suns 2 years ago. Too bad with STAT's return he's not been able to fit in.

He'd be really helpful for the Magic at PF with his ability to stretch out the defense and play inside when it's needed.

And lol @ those pics, especially his hand to eye coordination in #3 :rofl:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,572

Post#9 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:21 pm

lovehoops01 wrote:So the guy is underachieving with the offensively efficient Suns with a big contract and his national team was on him this summer for not doing more and you want to bring him in here? Don't you see this as in direct opposition to some of your current complaints?

i can't think of the complaints you're talkin about. not sayin i didn't say them, but i just can't remember them right now.

as for Diaw.... you're right. he has taken a major step back since getting the contract. and that contract is pretty absurd.... and it's not like we know abot absurd contracts or anything.... :wink: i'm gonna throw out a nice old cliche - maybe the change of scenery would be good for him??

i like his game. i noticed him as a prospect just before he was drafted and have been really impressed to see him go from a proposed SG to a C (undersized and out of position, but he still filled the role). i like his passing game. i like that he's got an outside touch. i like that he can also grab boards and defend quite well when needed. and i like that he did so for an entire season. 82 games proves consistency to me. attitude.... well... that's a tough one. it all comes down to him really.

however, just to go against my own argument, i've been disappointed that he hasn't meshed better with Amare, and that only makes me wonder if he'd be able to mesh with Dwight.

beyond that, i didn't and nor am i going to propose a trade because i don't see him becoming available any time soon.

Return to Orlando Magic