ImageImageImageImage

"Jonathan is having a great summer."

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,140

Re: "Jonathan is having a great summer." 

Post#101 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:00 pm

T-Cat wrote:
The Real Dalic wrote:Okay, I'm gonna ignore the blasphemous stuff being said about Jesus doing something he wouldn't and just talk Isaac on the court.

I actually am all in on believing he will finally start having a relatively healthy career from here. We also need him, at least for this season, to be a much better team. His defensive impact is just too important.

He also said he wants to show fans of the NBA that he's more than just defense. He seems to be extra motivated this year.

He also said he feels he's the best defender in the NBA when healthy and I definitely agree with him there. That's the main reason he's my favorite player in the league. Watching him play defense is special and I can't wait to watch it from game 1 this year for once!

Did he say this in an interview? :D

He did. He said it on Jason Whitlocks Fearless podcast.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,119

Post#102 » by yoyojw17 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:59 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:Okay, I'm gonna ignore the blasphemous stuff being said about Jesus doing something he wouldn't and just talk Isaac on the court.

I actually am all in on believing he will finally start having a relatively healthy career from here. We also need him, at least for this season, to be a much better team. His defensive impact is just too important.

He also said he wants to show fans of the NBA that he's more than just defense. He seems to be extra motivated this year.

He also said he feels he's the best defender in the NBA when healthy and I definitely agree with him there. That's the main reason he's my favorite player in the league. Watching him play defense is special and I can't wait to watch it from game 1 this year for once!

I am right there with you.

and eyriq

eyriq wrote:He's the number one X Factor for us. If healthy he is a top three impact player

One of the players i am most excited to see. Franz and Paolo... i know they are coming leveled up.... but the JI, Sugg, Fultz are the ones that can make leaps that can change the identity of this team. Going to be an exciting season!
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,050

Post#103 » by fendilim » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:51 am

Isaac played really well when he came back. Too bad he got injured again.

Its now or never for him.

Definitely the biggest x factor this season
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,186

Post#104 » by OrlChamps2030 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:44 am

Is this the podcast from 2021?

.. I don’t want to **** up my algorithm by looking too deeply into Jason Whitlock podcasts :lol: :lol:
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,140

Post#105 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:03 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:

Is this the podcast from 2021?

.. I don’t want to **** up my algorithm by looking too deeply into Jason Whitlock podcasts :lol: :lol:

Nope. It was about a week ago. Jonathan was on there to talk about and promote his clothing brand, but Jason also asked him about his health and what he thinks he can do on the court moving forward as well. Which is where JI gave that answer.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,505

Post#106 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:07 pm

I know, I know … JI is never healthy and never will be healthy.

But hear me out!

Fultz/Black
Suggs
Franz
JI
Paolo

The Death Eaters

I don’t want to hear about shooting. This isn’t proposed as a starting lineup or a primary lineup for heavy minutes. This is a situational defensive lineup with enough pop from Franz and Paolo to still generate points.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,119

Post#107 » by yoyojw17 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:29 am

MagicFan101 wrote:I know, I know … JI is never healthy and never will be healthy.

But hear me out!

Fultz/Black
Suggs
Franz
JI
Paolo

The Death Eaters

I don’t want to hear about shooting. This isn’t proposed as a starting lineup or a primary lineup for heavy minutes. This is a situational defensive lineup with enough pop from Franz and Paolo to still generate points.

I figured since we didn't get a big... we were going to use JI or even paolo at center as well. but seeing him now... makes it more of reality. He looks more like a big than he has all year. lol
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,585

Post#108 » by eyriq » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:21 pm

If JI is healthy we could compete for seeds 4-6. I think he's that big an impact player.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Re: 

Post#109 » by drsd » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:35 am

eyriq wrote:If JI is healthy we could compete for seeds 4-6. I think he's that big an impact player.

I love the depth of this rotation if all players are healthy most of the season:

Fultz/Anthony
G-Harris/Suggs
F-Wagner/Ingels
Banchero/Isaac
Carter/M-Wagner

Isaac and most of the bench are marginal starters in the NBA. Orlando should be able to out-work most teams, most nights. I think there is an excellent chance that Isaac et al. can ensure a much better record than my expectations of a 41 win season. The media idea of a 32-35 win season is totally ridiculous. I would bet YOUR house that Orlando covers the over on wins. Only three major injuries keeps Orlando below the mid-30-win range; this team is too deep to be bad. The Homer in me wonders if a 50-win season is plausible, if the gods ensure that all Magicians are healthy all season. I am sure it isn't. But I can dream. Dream big or go home!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Re: 

Post#110 » by eyriq » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:39 am

drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:If JI is healthy we could compete for seeds 4-6. I think he's that big an impact player.

I love the depth of this rotation if all players are healthy most of the season:

Fultz/Anthony
G-Harris/Suggs
F-Wagner/Ingels
Banchero/Isaac
Carter/M-Wagner

Isaac and most of the bench are marginal starters in the NBA. Orlando should be able to out-work most teams, most nights. I think there is an excellent chance that Isaac et al. can ensure a much better record than my expectations of a 41 win season. The media idea of a 32-35 win season is totally ridiculous. I would bet YOUR house that Orlando covers the over on wins. Only three major injuries keeps Orlando below the mid-30-win range; this team is too deep to be bad. The Homer in me wonders if a 50-win season is plausible, if the gods ensure that all Magicians are healthy all season. I am sure it isn't. But I can dream. Dream big or go home!
Where is Black?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#111 » by Skybox » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:02 am

eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:

Fultz/Anthony
G-Harris/Suggs
F-Wagner/Ingels
Banchero/Isaac
Carter/M-Wagner

Where is Black?

With Jett on the G-League team apparently. We definitely are deep. I’d have Goga backing up WCJ as well. I like M. Wagner well enough, but I see him a little deeper and more time at 4, imo.

I really hope we make that consolidation trade (that every team thinks exists) to be a little less deep and a little more good.
drsd
RealGM

Post#112 » by drsd » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:26 pm

eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:

Fultz/Anthony
G-Harris/Suggs
F-Wagner/Ingels
Banchero/Isaac
Carter/M-Wagner

Where is Black?

Black is nowhere near being a rotational player.

drsd
RealGM

Post#113 » by drsd » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:28 pm

Skybox wrote:I really hope we make that consolidation trade (that every team thinks exists) to be a little less deep and a little more good.

And-1

Orlando needs a SG. And the path to getting one is crystal clear!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by eyriq » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:16 pm

drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:

Fultz/Anthony
G-Harris/Suggs
F-Wagner/Ingels
Banchero/Isaac
Carter/M-Wagner

Where is Black?

How common is it for #6 picks to not make the rotation their rookie year?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#115 » by Skybox » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:09 am

eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:Where is Black?

barring an injury...that would be an unequivocal bust...I can't believe it's even being pondered. Not starting (for a non-playoff team)? - Okay, no problem. Not in the rotation? - organizational failure or bust of a player.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,186

Post#116 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:37 am

Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:
drsd wrote:

barring an injury...that would be an unequivocal bust...I can't believe it's even being pondered. Not starting (for a non-playoff team)? - Okay, no problem. Not in the rotation? - organizational failure or bust of a player.

Our backcourt is so in need of a trade. I’m not sure why some fans are still in denial about it
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#117 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:13 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:How common is it for #6 picks to not make the rotation their rookie year?

Our backcourt is so in need of a trade. I’m not sure why some fans are still in denial about it

Not worried about fans in denial, it's the F.O. that needs to see this.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,954

Post#118 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:51 pm

That makes sense. Develop them halfway and then trade them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Re: 

Post#119 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:11 pm

basketballRob wrote:That makes sense. Develop them halfway and then trade them.

You're right, but does "draft them in the lotto and sit them" make sense??
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,954

Post#120 » by basketballRob » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:54 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
basketballRob wrote:That makes sense. Develop them halfway and then trade them.

You're right, but does "draft them in the lotto and sit them" make sense??
We'll just have to wait and see what happens. A couple of injuries and Black could start 82 games.

Either way, I think we should hold off and give them more time.

Return to Orlando Magic