ImageImageImageImage

Pick your UFA target(s)...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,160

Re: Pick your UFA target(s)... 

Post#101 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:20 pm

RichCollab wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:who is the better player Malik Monk or Anfernee Simons? Am I wrong to think Monk could be better for us?

Monk is currently a UFA this summer. I don’t think Simon’s is.

He isnt. Simons would be a trade target and one a lot of people on this board like, but the reason i ask is because someone on the trades board said Simons is better than anyone available in FA. Was wondering if people agree. Obviously to trade for Simons we'd have to give up something and Monk is a FA, but forgetting all that, who would you rather have? Am i wrong to think they're atleast very close? Simons is the better shooter, Monk is probably the better passer and IMO the better defender.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,716

Post#102 » by Viper1500 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:27 am

Residual-Heat wrote:who is the better player Malik Monk or Anfernee Simons? Am I wrong to think Monk could be better for us?

Monk looks more tenacious on defense. I wouldn't call him a "good" defender, but he tries.
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,716

Post#103 » by Viper1500 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:39 am

Monk
Grayon Allen
GTJ
Tyus Jones
D-Lo
Bruce Brown
Buddy Heild
KCP
Isaiah Joe
Caleb Martin

Lots of shooters, and not a lot of teams projected to have money. Could possibly pick up 2 names above.
CLosP
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#104 » by CLosP » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:33 am

Luke Kennard, Alec Burks, Grayson Allen, Kelly Olynyk, maybe Royce O’Neale.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,942

Post#105 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:05 am

Viper1500 wrote:Monk
Grayon Allen
GTJ
Tyus Jones
D-Lo
Bruce Brown
Buddy Heild
KCP
Isaiah Joe
Caleb Martin

Lots of shooters, and not a lot of teams projected to have money. Could possibly pick up 2 names above.

Wow 3pt shooters galore.

Im all for Grayson and Monk
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,259

Post#106 » by cedric76 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:50 am

RookieStar wrote:You know.. it would be helpful to know who are the UFAs availablr in the offseason..

Here it is

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/guard/
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,422

Post#107 » by pepe1991 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:52 am

Markelle Fultz
Garry Harris

soon to be allstar and 3 and D elite

:D
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
cedric76
RealGM

Post#108 » by cedric76 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:59 am

Monk is young, can shoot the ball, can pass the ball, can play decent D with his 6'6 wingspan AND would love a starting spot (he has not started A SINGLE GAME for Sacramento)

I think suggs and Monk could be a decent backcourt
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#109 » by T-Cat » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:08 am

Imagine him learning under Klay Thompson!

Read on Twitter
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,150

Post#110 » by KillMonger » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:23 am

T-Cat wrote:Imagine him learning under Klay Thompson!

Read on Twitter
Pass....

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#111 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:16 pm

cedric76 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:You know.. it would be helpful to know who are the UFAs availablr in the offseason..

Here it is

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ufa/guard/

Thanks
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#112 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:16 pm

T-Cat wrote:Imagine him learning under Klay Thompson!

Read on Twitter

Kinda weird... of all people why Jeff Green?
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 728

Post#113 » by RichCollab » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:24 pm

cedric76 wrote:Monk is young, can shoot the ball, can pass the ball, can play decent D with his 6'6 wingspan AND would love a starting spot (he has not started A SINGLE GAME for Sacramento)

I think suggs and Monk could be a decent backcourt

We can pay him more than the Kings and give him a starting role. I’m hopeful we get a shot.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#114 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:32 am

https://wisportsheroics.com/bucks-grayson-allen-surprisingly-leads-nba-in-key-defensive-stat/

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024/2/10/24068749/point-grayson-allen-is-another-unique-offensive-wrinkle-the-phoenix-suns-possess

Ok ok ok... 100 percent on the Grayson Allen trade! Gives me everything I want to see in the guard position. Defense, passing, SHOOTING, and a pitbull mentality.

With few teams with money.... hopefully he's not as high on people's lists and that money dries up when the top options are splurged on. Phoenix can only spend too much. $15-19 million? That would leave us with enough money resign our stars in the future and maintain some flexibility.

Id resign Fultz on a contingency deal. And if possible get nic Claxton for the center... and in that case.... goga will not be resigned. Otherwise if goga can sign a good deal ... bring him on back. goga is still growing into his own as well...so keeping he wouldn't be bad either.

Edit:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bitadgo01.html

Actually.... looking at goga's off rating 133 vs def rating 108..... yeah ... I'll keep riding with him.

Grayson/Anthony
Suggs/Black/howard
Franz/Ingles/Houstan
Paolo/JI
Goga/Wendell/Mo

.... I'm down!
cedric76
RealGM

Post#115 » by cedric76 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:18 am

So many 3pt FA available

Monk
Grayson
Buddy
Russell
Trent
Beasley
Jones
Dunn
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,909

Post#116 » by Skybox » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:50 am

yoyojw17 wrote:https://wisportsheroics.com/bucks-grayson-allen-surprisingly-leads-nba-in-key-defensive-stat/

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024/2/10/24068749/point-grayson-allen-is-another-unique-offensive-wrinkle-the-phoenix-suns-possess

Ok ok ok... 100 percent on the Grayson Allen trade! Gives me everything I want to see in the guard position. Defense, passing, SHOOTING, and a pitbull mentality.

With few teams with money.... hopefully he's not as high on people's lists and that money dries up when the top options are splurged on. Phoenix can only spend too much. $15-19 million? That would leave us with enough money resign our stars in the future and maintain some flexibility.

Id resign Fultz on a contingency deal. And if possible get nic Claxton for the center... and in that case.... goga will not be resigned. Otherwise if goga can sign a good deal ... bring him on back. goga is still growing into his own as well...so keeping he wouldn't be bad either.

Edit:

Actually.... looking at goga's off rating 133 vs def rating 108..... yeah ... I'll keep riding with him.

Grayson/Anthony
Suggs/Black/howard
Franz/Ingles/Houstan
Paolo/JI
Goga/Wendell/Mo

.... I'm down!

Grayson Allen is your PG?

How much is ORL going to pay Grayson to leave PHX?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,958

Post#117 » by basketballRob » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am

Skybox wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:https://wisportsheroics.com/bucks-grayson-allen-surprisingly-leads-nba-in-key-defensive-stat/

Edit:

Grayson/Anthony
Suggs/Black/howard
Franz/Ingles/Houstan
Paolo/JI
Goga/Wendell/Mo

.... I'm down!

4 years, $72m might get him. The Suns would have to pay $40-50m in luxury tax to match.

He'd be replacing Fultz at the same salary. He's a free agent, he's from Jacksonville, and his wife played a few years for the Orlando Pride recently. He's a better player than Klay.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,909

Post#118 » by Skybox » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:06 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Edit:

Grayson/Anthony
Suggs/Black/howard
Franz/Ingles/Houstan
Paolo/JI
Goga/Wendell/Mo

.... I'm down!

4 years, $72m might get him. He'd be replacing Fultz at the same salary. He's a free agent, he's from Jacksonville, and his wife played a few years for the Orlando Pride recently.

But he’s less of a PG than Suggs…who (as convenient a solution as it would be) is not a PG. not even a “just enough for ORL” PG. or, maybe he is- but that would be a heck of a different story than we’ve seen so far. Our most capable PG is still Franz, but he’d probably get pressed & trapped all night as primary ball handler. That’s not realistic at 6’10.

I DO like the idea of Grayson for 18x4 (as front-loaded and descending as possible) and maybe the “coming home” thing matters, but I hope we find a real PG too…maybe it’s Black and Suggs moves to a big role as 3rd guard…idk if Grayson scores enough to move Suggs to the 2nd unit. Suggs is at least a hypothetical chance of putting up 20 any night.

I agree that he’s a better choice than Klay at this point
cedric76
RealGM

Post#119 » by cedric76 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:32 pm

Phoenix can't afford to resign Grayson unless they win the title this season
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#120 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:59 pm

Skybox wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Skybox wrote:

4 years, $72m might get him. He'd be replacing Fultz at the same salary. He's a free agent, he's from Jacksonville, and his wife played a few years for the Orlando Pride recently.

But he’s less of a PG than Suggs…who (as convenient a solution as it would be) is not a PG. not even a “just enough for ORL” PG. or, maybe he is- but that would be a heck of a different story than we’ve seen so far. Our most capable PG is still Franz, but he’d probably get pressed & trapped all night as primary ball handler. That’s not realistic at 6’10.

I DO like the idea of Grayson for 18x4 (as front-loaded and descending as possible) and maybe the “coming home” thing matters, but I hope we find a real PG too…maybe it’s Black and Suggs moves to a big role as 3rd guard…idk if Grayson scores enough to move Suggs to the 2nd unit. Suggs is at least a hypothetical chance of putting up 20 any night.

I agree that he’s a better choice than Klay at this point

The guy shoots amazingly from all levels at this point in his career. Scoring enough is relative to your position on the team. He has been afforded amazing spacing due to the combination of booker and Durant... and beal... but he's been their starting pg for a while because the others have primary ball handler skills. Personally I thought that was what everyone has said.... we need a 3-D pg to surround Franz and banchero.... we don't want someone that takes the ball out of their hands. Well ... at least that's the narrative people would say because the wanted the ball out of Fultz's hands more. Grayson has enough playmaking skill to allow pressure to be taken off of those two stars in the making. Mind you .... Franz and Paolo are going to continue to get better. We have to project outwards on all the players. Suggs was a pg for most of his life.... and he just needs to find his right gear in the league.permanent pg .. probably not. Secondary or tertiary ball handler ... I don't see why not. As long as that lineup stays healthy.... the need of a traditional pg is lessoned in my opinion based on the trajectory I see for them. And as Rob said.... yeah..... Suns are not in the best financial situation to just throw money at Allen. Outside of the big three .... who take up 99.99% of the cap.... they still have a roster to fill out. Would they love Grayson to stay... of course.... but the question can they afford to keep him is the question. A 28 yo that is playing the type of ball that would get him his first significant contract.

How much scoring does he need? You have two players that are looking every much of 23-27 point scorers in the near future. Grayson is a sniper from distance....remember "spacing will unleash our other players" comments? And he's not a full time pg.... but he is a wing with playmaking skills. He can handle the ball, dribble drive, shoot, can make it to the basket floor dunks, layups, and floaters, and plays DEFENSE. So he will give you everything you love about Fultz's roll in this lineup and shoot the ball at an amazing clip.

Fultz is the type of player that could be a 7-10 asst player on the right team where he is a high. Usage distributor. On our team he's none of that because his usage is a fraction of that amount due to the talent of the other players in the starting lineup. That is by design. So.... if you're not going g to use the pg position as a traditional pg ... Allen is a great option.

Now.... the other thing you mentioned is black ... by the time we are resigning black.... Allen will be nearly at the end of his contract... and Allen is also a player that if surpassed by black in the short term.. can be moved to the bench. But in the short term Allen checks all the boxes I feel Orlando would want to put with the starting lineup.

And as I said.... Fultz on a decent contingency contract.... I wouldn't mind returning as well. He is a leader on the team... and you can tell the importance he has during many of the interviews.

Return to Orlando Magic