ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs up 1-0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,966

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs up 1-0 

Post#1061 » by thelead » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:11 am

IHart would be seeing a $25+ mil per contract from me
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,931

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs up 1-0 

Post#1062 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:13 am

SOUL wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
SOUL wrote:Anyway, taking another break from the game thread. Even though I'm retiring as mod, I would definitely get banned.

Let's just say our fans are not the brightest bunch.

You are retiring SOUL?

Also... look at the bright sode, its when we get the idiotic trollish fans back is when you know our team is good.

When we are struggling they dont bother to show up. Lol

I retired in 2019 but came back for a playoff series and never un-retired. I need a year or two off because I'm getting busier, but I'll still be active. :D

Lol so you did a MJ huh? Dont retire cuz we might get the WIZ MJ if you come back lol.

Is Howard a slave driver to you?
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 723

Post#1063 » by RichCollab » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:13 am

thelead wrote:IHart would be seeing a $25+ mil per contract from me

Is he leaving the Knicks?
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,107

Post#1064 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:13 am

I wanted him SO bad in free agency :banghead:

SOUL wrote:Burks is a 30 year old that just underwent foot surgery and eats into Detroit's cap.

We are also trying to figure out what minutes Suggs, Fultz, Cole and Hampton will all get. Where would Burks factor in?

We're not competing this year. Hartenstein would fill a backup role that's needed and he's 24 and was one of the more efficient bigs in the NBA.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,963

Post#1065 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:13 am

He closed so much ground on that block on Maxey. Incredible defensive play.
thelead
RealGM

Post#1066 » by thelead » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:14 am

RichCollab wrote:

Is he leaving the Knicks?

I'd throw whatever number it took to pry him away :lol:

Dude grabbed a huge rebound over Embiid and then blocked Maxey in the last 10 seconds of the Knicks 3 point win.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1067 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:14 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Weltman quite literally went on record just 6 days ago saying he was comfortable running it back next season.

"We’re gonna slow simmer it and continue to invest in the players we have on our roster. Grow and develop them. We’ll always be opportunistic and seeking out the next ways to improve the team and if we can take a leap, we will. But I have no problem in doubling down on these guys right now. It’s kind of like what we committed to early on."

Was his exact quote.

Who was that GM of ours who did exactly the opposite of what he says on the media?

Like he said something like our guys gonna grow and win together and next day 2 guys are emptying their locker room.

I wouldn’t read too much into what they tell the media.

Who is under contract next year?

All our young guys including Cole and wcj. The rest are all team options so could let them go if we like
thelead
RealGM

Post#1068 » by thelead » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 am

SOUL wrote:

SOUL wrote:Burks is a 30 year old that just underwent foot surgery and eats into Detroit's cap.

We are also trying to figure out what minutes Suggs, Fultz, Cole and Hampton will all get. Where would Burks factor in?

We're not competing this year. Hartenstein would fill a backup role that's needed and he's 24 and was one of the more efficient bigs in the NBA.

I have a memory like an elephant. I remember you wanting him years ago.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#1069 » by Last Guardian » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:16 am

ChosenSavior wrote:

Goga would have blocked that with his elbow

Kidding, Hartenstein is awesome
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,572

Post#1070 » by Bensational » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:17 am

Josh Hart playing out of his mind. I see a lot of similarity between him and Suggs.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1071 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am

Last Guardian wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:

Goga would have blocked that with his elbow

Kidding, Hartenstein is awesome

Yes he would but he doesn't get to play anymore :(

And yes I think Hartenstein is awesome as well
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#1072 » by Last Guardian » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am

eyriq wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:First 83 now 86. Next goal, 90.
Baby steps LMAO

Look at the bigger picture. Cavs scored 1 point less and we scored 3 points more than first game. Gap is narrowing. Cavs should be quivering in fear
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,580

Post#1073 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am

I had to pause the stream so couldnt post live....

Suggs being able to play was nothing but a miracle, not sure I wouldve let him play though. But cant deny his heart. Hope he's able to go through Thursday. Seeing him at home in the playoffs was what I was looking forward the most.

Moe Wagner is another one, he will play hard no matter what. I dont know why the crowd hates him so much lol.

That fan being taken out was hilarious to me. Looked absolutely pathetic, didn't look authentic at all. Was definitely trying to get a check lol.

The silver signing about this series is that we know who to keep.

Hopefully Fultz being benched is a sign we wont resign him.

And Cole Anthony absolutely fleeced us on the extension. We need to trade him bad.

Only players worth keeping is Paolo, Franz, Suggs, Isaac and Moe. Obviously want AB and Jett to get a chance too. Everybody else can GTFO.
Trade for Jarret Allen
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,689

Post#1074 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am

The-Stallion70 wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:This Cleveland team is honestly just better than us, the problem doesn't seem that complex or interesting. They won 48 games this year while missing a combined 84 games from Mitchell, Mobley and Garland.

Now that they are fully healthy they are probably the second best team in the East.

The Magic's problems are not that hard to figure out the difficult part is finding good fits around Paolo.

Nah Philly, miami (healthy) and knicks woukd wash them. He'll I think even Milwaukee ( healthy) and even Indiana woukd handle them pretty easily. They aren't good, we just suck that much offensively.

If they played any other eastern conference team in the playoffs, playing this way, they would have lost both of these games.

Milwaukee was healthy all year and won the same number of games as CLE. They definitely arent beating This Cleveland team if Giannis isnt 100%, Knicks are without Randle now for the postseason and Indy lost Mathurin.

Cleveland is fully Healthy.

That doesn't mean much though... look how they have played against orlando in these 2 games. You think they would have beaten any other eastern playoff team playing the way they did in these 2 games? Maybe the pacers since they don't play d I guess.

Cleveland has not played well they just have gotten lucky to draw orlando in round 1. This is exactly why they lost game 82. They saw this coming. But orlando has had plenty of opportunities to win both of these games. They just can't score like any other normal nba team.
GO MAGIC
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1075 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:19 am

Last Guardian wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:First 83 now 86. Next goal, 90.
Baby steps LMAO

Look at the bigger picture. Cavs scored 1 point less and we scored 3 points more than first game. Gap is narrowing. Cavs should be quivering in fear

Got em right where we want em
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#1076 » by fateis007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:
That fan being taken out was hilarious to me. Looked absolutely pathetic, didn't look authentic at all. Was definitely trying to get a check lol.

dude had to lay on the ground from a shoulder injury lol, he def wanted some prime time. Maybe no one told him this is on NBA TV
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,185

Post#1077 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:22 am

SOUL wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:I'm sure Hawks fans were sure they were going to take another step forward after the ECF and Kings fans probably thought they'd improve over last year as well

The FO actually has to make moves to improve. This may not be a 47 win team if the only improvement going into next year is from internal improvement. I want to believe. But this is also the same FO who rolled into the season with Fultz as a starting PG and doubled down again, while in the playoff race, with Fultz as their starting PG on a playoff team

You never know if this team is going to be fighting for the #2 seed in the last few weeks of the season again next year.

That's true, you can't bank on every year getting better and better, but it is a bit of a different situation. Hawks had success in the playoffs, ECF is a DEEP run, so they were probably lax on making bigger moves and thought they would improve.

My thing is that our young guys HAVE to continue to improve for us to be thought about as contenders.

Big difference in getting exposed offensively and thinking we don't have to make moves versus, for instance, us somehow making the ECF this year thinking naturally our offensive problems just magically disappeared.

I hope you're right.. but Weltman has already said he'd be okay with running it back. If the FO decides to stand pat this offseason, would you defend the move?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1078 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 am

fateis007 wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:

dude had to lay on the ground from a shoulder injury lol, he def wanted some prime time. Maybe no one told him this is on NBA TV

Arent those courtside seats means the team/arena osnt liable for any injuries due to the game?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,857

Post#1079 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 am

thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:

I have a memory like an elephant. I remember you wanting him years ago.

He's not the only one...

Me on 7/26/23

Hartenstein played really well with the Clippers when he was allowed to do a lot of the dribble hand off/high post passing fulcrum stuff that the Magic do with Carter offensively. And he's a plus defender.

I don't think the Knicks used him as well as they could have and he would be better served here.

Me on 12/28/22

Just go get Hartenstein from the Knicks.

Me on 12/6/22

I'd glad give them any of the expiring contracts (Ross, Bamba, Hampton) and a 2nd.

Hartenstein can really play and they're using him poorly.

Me on 10/4/22

The Magic would be massively better off had they signed Hartenstein instead of Bamba.

Me on 7/29/22

Statistically, Hartenstein is way better than Bamba and was arguably the best backup center in the entire NBA last season.

I'd be 100% in favor of signing him.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,570

Post#1080 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:25 am

T-Cat wrote:Could we have Mosley step in a front office position so we can get Redick

This is silly. Mosley is already learning the lessons Reddick will have to learn.

Return to Orlando Magic