ImageImageImageImage

"Jonathan is having a great summer."

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,141

Re: "Jonathan is having a great summer." 

Post#21 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:30 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i dont hate him. i dont dislike him. I just dont ever expect him to make meaningful contributions again on the court. If he does, wonderful, but i dont expect it

i dont really expect much from him either, and i wasnt specifically talking about anyone here or most Magic fans really, but NBA fans in general.
I still love his game when he was healthy.

i thought he was a very good defender, but i also think its been so long since he was on the court, the legend of his defense has grown greater than it actually was. And he was not a very good offensive player or shooter.

He was a great defender after he put on some muscle. Top 10 in the league IMO. Offense wasnt great, but it wasnt horrible. Solid ball handler for his size, unselfish, and probably couldve developed into a solid shooter.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 712

Post#22 » by JoshuaPotter » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:35 pm

eyriq wrote:I'm willing to be fooled! 6th seed here we come baby

Pfftt 4th or bust.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#23 » by MoMM » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:46 pm

Poor kid, we should extend him before this season to make sure his value doesn't skyrockets and we can't re-sign him for 2025-2026 season.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,589

Post#24 » by eyriq » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:55 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:I'm willing to be fooled! 6th seed here we come baby

Pfftt 4th or bust.
Hahahaha! Man, this Isaac character. I'm at the point where I just chalk him up as irrelevant. Him playing is the outlier at this point, and if it happens I'll be shocked and very pleased.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,970

Post#25 » by thelead » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:08 pm

If he's healthy, he plays. If he isn't, he won't. Simple.

It's safe to say that he's going to take a SEVERE pay cut even if he is able to stay healthy this year... and guess what? That would be HUGE for us.

For that reason, I'm willing to stay patient.

It's not like he's eating up anyone's theoretical minutes anyway. We kinda need him to be healthy if we want to make a good playoff push this season.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#26 » by Ducklett » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:15 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
thelead wrote:The amount of hate JI gets is unreal... and sad.

i dont agree with a lot of his political views, but damn the way some people talk about him you'd think he's Miles Bridges.

People on the T&T board have said he is worse than Bridges...
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,919

Post#27 » by Message Boar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:16 pm

Kind of hate how we're banking the difference between having okay frontcourt depth and trash frontcourt depth on his health, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,572

Post#28 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:16 pm

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me three times, shame on me again. I should’ve seen it coming.
Fool me four times, and now you’re taking advantage of a vulnerable person.
Fool me five times, and now it’s back to me, I need to take some accountability for allowing myself to be fooled so often.
Fool me six times, and now you’ve fallen into my trap. I was never fooled to begin with and now YOU are the one who is fooled!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,934

Post#29 » by RookieStar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:25 pm

LOL.

Am I the only one here to be glad of him being able to play again with us?
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#30 » by msmoore66 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:46 pm

RookieStar wrote:LOL.

I'd quite like it too. But fully prepared that it will be for part of a game, and probably a game I'm not able to watch. So at peace that I will never see him on the court again.

Or, do you mean play with us emotionally again? Because I am fully on for that ride.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#31 » by RookieStar » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:49 pm

msmoore66 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:LOL.

I'd quite like it too. But fully prepared that it will be for part of a game, and probably a game I'm not able to watch. So at peace that I will never see him on the court again.

Or, do you mean play with us emotionally again? Because I am fully on for that ride.

Oh, If he can play us bolbol's minutes of last season then I am happy with that. Anything more and i'd be ecstatic. However, unlike years ago, I am not pinning my hopes on our team's success based on his play anymore. I just welcome him for the ride.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#32 » by T-Cat » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:07 pm

Bensational wrote:Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me five times, and now it’s back to me, I need to take some accountability for allowing myself to be fooled so often.
Fool me six times, and now you’ve fallen into my trap. I was never fooled to begin with and now YOU are the one who is fooled!

And you are... just a fan! Sit down and watch :lol: :lol:

Jonathan Isaac is gonna work hard regardless! If players listen to fans and media they would have been out the league years ago due to negative thinking! Same goes for Fultz, so many people doubted him out and he's proving them wrong season by season!

I remember fans saying Grant Hill owed the fans by resigning with Orlando in the summer of 2007 due to the time he missed in during his prime with injuries.

Meanwhile, Grant Hill put his life on the line with operation after operation while also getting a staff infection and still came back to play effective ball in Phoenix! He could have easily resigned with Orlando but fans and management are incompetent! Hopefully Anthony Parker will change the narrative! :D
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,572

Post#33 » by Bensational » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:41 pm

T-Cat wrote:
Bensational wrote:Fool me once, shame on you.

And you are... just a fan! Sit down and watch :lol: :lol:

Jonathan Isaac is gonna work hard regardless! If players listen to fans and media they would have been out the league years ago due to negative thinking! Same goes for Fultz, so many people doubted him out and he's proving them wrong season by season!

I remember fans saying Grant Hill owed the fans by resigning with Orlando in the summer of 2007 due to the time he missed in during his prime with injuries.

Meanwhile, Grant Hill put his life on the line with operation after operation while also getting a staff infection and still came back to play effective ball in Phoenix! He could have easily resigned with Orlando but fans and management are incompetent! Hopefully Anthony Parker will change the narrative! :D

I was just having fun. I’m hopeful Isaac makes a healthy return. Skeptical, but hopeful.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 726

Post#34 » by RichCollab » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:21 am

I prefer players that are great during the season.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Post#35 » by I Rasharted » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:21 am

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,663

Post#36 » by Skin » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:23 am

No matter what history says, the guy is the singles biggest factor in turning this team into a contender.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,505

Post#37 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:49 am

Let’s play the glass half full game.

What does this team look like and what can this team do if Isaac is fully healthy all year??

… better yet, how about Isaac + Fultz healthy all year!!!

Note: I am fully open to answers including trades
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#38 » by RookieStar » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:05 am

MagicFan101 wrote:Let’s play the glass half full game.

What does this team look like and what can this team do if Isaac is fully healthy all year??

… better yet, how about Isaac + Fultz healthy all year!!!

Note: I am fully open to answers including trades

You mean we finally have a big that can lockdown those big wing scorers of the league and can clean up the boards? Something that caused us a lot of end-game losses?

Oh and meaning we don't have to plat bolbol anymore and give up thoae wtf moments and avoidable turnovers due to some weird funky dribbling offensive moves?

Hmmm maybe an additional 8 more wins?
best of luck
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#39 » by best of luck » Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:06 pm

For Isaac there was some points late in games I almost hoped to hell with the minutes restrictions late in games.

Paolo was in a slump and Isaac shutting down a player felt just more likely than a Paolo score.

Once he went down again, it felt the playoffs would be very difficult to chase down as we were set at the 4 for 48 minutes.
Please visit @Domsamui on YouTube my 11 year old son needs all the love he can get from the basketball community in his fight to walk again.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#40 » by drsd » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:25 pm

I want Isaac to have a great regular season. Nothing else matters.

Return to Orlando Magic