ImageImageImageImage

6-10

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#21 » by magicman123 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:21 pm

well actually its pretty simple..our defense has been terrible of late and we are giving up over a 100pts a game, (110 prolly in this stretch). so we find a way to outscore the opponent, or people wake up on D. 8)
Happyfoosball
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by Happyfoosball » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:29 pm

The Ariza trade was horrible. All we have heard is how this team needs defense and the Magic sent away a good, really their best and only good defensive guard away for a bum power forward and a filler at sg who shoots way too many 3's and makes way too many mistakes to play consistantly major minutes.

Redick doesn't play because SVG doesn't like him. I still believe that and I don't care what anybody says. It's not his defense that's just VG's excuse. Cook was supposed to be a perferct fit for this team yet he's deeper in the dog house then J.J right now. And okay, lets talk about Dwight getting beat on defense, Lewis can't take it to the rim, and Hedo's being relied upon way, way too much.

The solution is, make a change. The other teams are not gonna let the Magic play inside out until Dwight can beat teams consistantly by himself if he isn't doubled and that isn't gonna happen when he's 22.

I think something to try would be to move Turk to sf, start Agustine alongside of Howard and move Lewis to the bench. Start say, Nelson and Dooling at the guard spots then you can have Carlos, Redick, and Lewis coming off the bench to provide offense. Rest Dwight when Lewis and Turk are both on the floor, and instruct them that they must rebound. If things were done this way Dwight would have to play 38-40 mpg. I think he can do it. It MIGHT work. Probably wouldn't. There really isn't any true solution to this problem because Orlando has no true big other then Howard. Unless you count Foyle but I don't he's a putz.
"I like our team" - Otis Smith
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#23 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:21 pm

Maybe this should be in the other thread, but I think J.J. should see more playing time. When our starters lose their enthusiasm and effort is when a guy who is bringing energy should be able to get on the floor. JJ's enthusiasm plus his muched hyped scoring ability should allow him to get onto the floor IMO. Yes his D sucks... This wouldn't be as big of a problem if we had a real PF though, and Bogans isn't doing so hot right now anyway.

Plus JJ always stretched the floor, even if he isn't making buckets. Now when I watch (I only have SUN/thanks Brighthouse) I'll admit I've seen JJ burned pretty bad. I've seen the same with Bogans though at times.

Now, I'm not saying this is the end all be all answer to our problem. (I'm thinking like the rest a real PF would be more helpful), but like someone else said on here... Why not try it while SVG is tinkering?
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Bucs80 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:38 pm

Also to note....

After 36 games, we still have the same record as we did last year at the same time.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#25 » by mhectorgato » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:48 pm

Bucs80 wrote:Also to note....

After 36 games, we still have the same record as we did last year at the same time.

Absolutely amazing.

*opens pandora's box*

Maybe the Hills weren't so bad after all .... ;-)
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Bucs80 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:55 pm

mhectorgato wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Absolutely amazing.

*opens pandora's box*

Maybe the Hills weren't so bad after all .... ;-)

:rofl:
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.

Return to Orlando Magic