ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic Off Season Thread (update pg 1)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

What deal would you rather take for JJ Redick? And how likely would there be a deal?

SG Redick to Blazers for PF Ike Diogu
25%
Portland Accept?
17%
Portland Decline?
11%
F/C Battie & SG Redick to Nets for F/C Josh Boone and PF Stromile Swift
17%
New Jersey Accept?
6%
New Jersey Decline?
8%
SG Redick to Rockets for G Luthor Head & C Loren Woods
6%
Houston Accept?
2%
Houston Decline?
4%
SG Redick to Lakers for C/F Chris Mihm
6%

Total votes: 53

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: The Offseason Thread - Part Two 

Post#41 » by BassMaster » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:35 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Yeah, I don't believe Tayshaun is truly available. I would be shocked if Dumars moved him.

Considering what has already happened with the Pistons I would say that after everything you are going to end up shocked.
The Pistons management is acting like it didn't make the playoffs and that they have to take some drastic steps to fix that problem starting with firing their head coach and getting new blood sounds like their next step.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Re: Magic Offseason Targets Part Two 

Post#42 » by BassMaster » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:I could easily see Dorsey going #28 to his hometown Grizzlies.

Strange some at ESPN have Dorsey going overseas instead of getting drafted into the NBA.
damo[23]
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#43 » by damo[23] » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:38 pm

New blood fair enough - guys like Billups, Sheed, Rip and some of the other vets etc.. I am sure will be enough - they wont want to trade away, surely, their only "in prime" experienced player. That said, he could well be used to get in a new "superstar" guy or get the replacements for Billups etc.. since Prince probably wont be able to take on that role himself.

Alot will depend on what they are offered. I cant see us getting Prince just purely because we can only offer lateral move/talent for Prince, where as they'd prob be packaging him with one of the other starts for a upgrade - a allstar. We just simply cant do that.
SS_MagicMark
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35

Post#44 » by SS_MagicMark » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:29 pm

For all you guys that were getting hard over Alexander Johnson last year, the Heat just cut him.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#45 » by Magic.City.23. » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:38 pm

I voted for Speight's...... lol, who voted Hendrix as their most exciting prospect. He is a solid player, but I didn't think anyone would actually be all that excited about him....
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#46 » by Cigamodnalro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:25 am

cougar13 wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:I could easily see Dorsey going #28 to his hometown Grizzlies.

Strange some at ESPN have Dorsey going overseas instead of getting drafted into the NBA.

Strange, Draft Analysts compared Dwight Howard to Kwame Brown.

Strange, Most ESPN analysts predicted the Lakers in five games.

I fail to see the relevance of your statement.
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,288

Post#47 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 am

SS_MagicMark wrote:For all you guys that were getting hard over Alexander Johnson last year, the Heat just cut him.

I would take him to easily replace Agustine.
aka: prorl
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#48 » by Dwightmare » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:43 am

we got plenty of roster spots. bring him into camp.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#49 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Alexander would be a nice fill in for a banger...he's got heart...
Magicfan94
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by Magicfan94 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:19 pm

Speights has some talent, and as a UF alum I appreciate everything he gave UF in his 2 years there. However, his work ethic is awful.

I see him as a Mark Jackson type bigman who just gets pushed around team to team. Lots of talent, but no desire to build on it.

Of that group I'd go with Chris Douglas-Roberts.
http://www.MagicPlayoffBeard.com - Win Playoff tickets!!!
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by BassMaster » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

Strange, Draft Analysts compared Dwight Howard to Kwame Brown.

Strange, Most ESPN analysts predicted the Lakers in five games.

I fail to see the relevance of your statement.

Don't get your panties in a knot.
What I meant was that some at espn said that Dorsey is not going to be drafted. But then that was a couple of so called "experts" said that Dorsey wasn't good enough to be drafted. Some of the mocks have him in the first round others in the second round, but other then espn they all still say he is going to drafted into the NBA. That is what I meant by strange. Like how on earth are they so different from so many other people. Now that is strange.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by BassMaster » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:46 pm

theTHIEF wrote:Alexander would be a nice fill in for a banger...he's got heart...

I gather Miami didn't think that was enough considering his stats while playing with Miami.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#53 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:47 pm

you are a master of grasping the obvious...
MagicFan149
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#54 » by MagicFan149 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this is becoming entertaining
Summertime and the livin's easy....
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by BassMaster » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:14 pm

MagicFan149 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
this is becoming entertaining

I am glad I am here to entertain you. lol

BTW I do believe that Kevin McHale doesn't do well in this draft it could be his last one with the T-Wolves. Now he is unsure if he needs to keep his first draft pick. This is part of what he said:

"We're going to get a really good player, no question," McHale said. "There are a lot of good players in this draft. It's a really deep draft. That's why I'm excited about 31 and 34 [their two second-round picks]. We can package those and move up, but the more and more I look at it, we might stay there. There are some really good, interesting players who might drop. It's going to be a fun Thursday night."

Like I said before there are a lot of good players this draft and hopefully the Magic can pick up another pick in the second round that will help the Magic like how about a up and coming 6'4" pg.
link
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... ping_pick/
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#56 » by theTHIEF » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:18 pm

if only the Wolves could find a big PF that could score at will, rebound, block shots and play ferocious defense...
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#57 » by magicmamma » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:30 pm

theTHIEF wrote:if only the Wolves could find a big PF that could score at will, rebound, block shots and play ferocious defense...

LOL, and if they did, they'd treat him really well.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,576

Post#58 » by Bensational » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:40 pm

damo[23] wrote:New blood fair enough - guys like Billups, Sheed, Rip and some of the other vets etc.. I am sure will be enough - they wont want to trade away, surely, their only "in prime" experienced player. That said, he could well be used to get in a new "superstar" guy or get the replacements for Billups etc.. since Prince probably wont be able to take on that role himself.

Alot will depend on what they are offered. I cant see us getting Prince just purely because we can only offer lateral move/talent for Prince, where as they'd prob be packaging him with one of the other starts for a upgrade - a allstar. We just simply cant do that.

i'm really interested in what guys the pistons will target.

if he was healthy i'm sure Brand would be at the top of their list. maybe they'll try and get in on some of Atlanta's talent?

with guys like Wallace, Billups, Rip and Prince to offer, there really isn't much that's out of their reach beyond the likes of LBJ, Kobe, Dwight, CP3, Duncan and Garnett.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,772

Re: 

Post#59 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:11 pm

eyriq wrote:I'd be very happy with Speights or CDR. With Lee I'm still skeptical and the other bigs are reaches or useless, though Dorsey at 22 would be interesting. I have an exam before the draft and know I will fly through it to make it in time, hope I come out ok! Oh, and I'd be OK with Batum, though that heart thing was a little creepy. About Hollinger and Dorsey, his form of measurement is good and all, but there are other metrics that say that Dorsey was more valuable to Memphis than either CDR or Rose were, which is win score, so don't let one mans math make your mind up. For me it is just a red flag.

Dorsey will be lucky to go at #42. 6'7'' big men do not go in the first round. Especially ones who have no offensive game.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Re: 

Post#60 » by BassMaster » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:33 am

eyriq wrote:I'd be very happy with Speights or CDR. With Lee I'm still skeptical and the other bigs are reaches or useless, though Dorsey at 22 would be interesting. I have an exam before the draft and know I will fly through it to make it in time, hope I come out ok! Oh, and I'd be OK with Batum, though that heart thing was a little creepy. About Hollinger and Dorsey, his form of measurement is good and all, but there are other metrics that say that Dorsey was more valuable to Memphis than either CDR or Rose were, which is win score, so don't let one mans math make your mind up. For me it is just a red flag.

Batum has dropped like a rock in the mock drafts since his health issue came forward. Dorsey by some mocks have him a late round second round and some have him not being picked at all in the draft.

The knock against Speights is that he has to be forced to workout. Some have outright called him lazy. The opposite is being said about Jason Thompson and because of that his name is moving up in the mock drafts. Jason often had to play all 40 minutes as he was the only real big man on his team and yes he would run up and down the court without asking to be taken out. Rarely got into foul trouble a big man who knew how to use his brain.
Lee was the primary scorer for his team that and he also played pg as well. Can we say another Dooling.

Return to Orlando Magic