ImageImageImageImage

Netz @ teh Magix 7p.m. @ the Spamway Arena

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#421 » by Magicalltheway » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:43 pm

The refs were truly horrible, but I refuse to blame them for the loss. I believe the team got over confindent at the half and thought they could easily do what ever they want with them mainly Dwight. His body language and smiles and dancing was not of a leader who sees nothing but the finish line. We became soft and went on cruise control thinking of an automatic win and thats when hell broke lose.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#422 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:48 pm

we are so pathetic, so despicable, so deplorable...horrible fans, horrible...we are so blind to the fact that the NJN are an elite team, they have Richard ">>>>>> Hedo/Shard" Jefferson, Refs never effect a game...god, what is wrong with you people...i was at the game and every call was fair, everyone of them...even that "tripping foul" on Shard...

flopping doesn't exist...
there is no such thing as a make up call in the NBA

lol
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,298

Post#423 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:25 pm

Magicalltheway wrote:The refs were truly horrible, but I refuse to blame them for the loss. I believe the team got over confindent at the half and thought they could easily do what ever they want with them mainly Dwight. His body language and smiles and dancing was not of a leader who sees nothing but the finish line. We became soft and went on cruise control thinking of an automatic win and thats when hell broke lose.

Thats a good point. NJ started the game so pathetically that the Magic got into a false sense of security. The way NJ played they should of had a bigger lead at the half and after 3. But they let up thinking the game was over. Then the elbow by Dwight woke them up and with the horribly officiated game that didnt help matters. Dwight has come a long way but he is still a young guy and has alot of growing up left to do. Dwight was way too jovial and laughing too much in the 2nd half. Its no coincidence that we win most games that Dwight plays angry in, the players feed off him. He needs to get better at playing angry more often and staying with the intensity thru the game, no matter how easy things seem to be going.
aka: prorl
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#424 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:27 pm

was behind the basket and clearly had a good angle of hedo getitng hacked both plays..the one where they called out of bounds and gave it to the magic with 6 seconds to go..and the second one i saw the last shot..our player got slapped or somethin..

the most annoying part was when the nets won and they did their victory scream..lol

but i don't get upset over sports anymore..i just learned to enjoy the way the game is played whether the team wins or lose.
Work Hard
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#425 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:29 pm

CourtsideTV wrote:was behind the basket and clearly had a good angle of hedo getitng hacked both plays..the one where they called out of bounds and gave it to the magic with 6 seconds to go..and the second one i saw the last shot..our player got slapped or somethin..

the most annoying part was when the nets won and they did their victory scream..lol

but i don't get upset over sports anymore..i just learned to enjoy the way the game is played whether the team wins or lose.

Liar............

:D
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#426 » by CourtsideTV » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:30 pm

:)
Work Hard
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#427 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:33 pm

Sharper wrote::o @ prorl, I've never seen you all that pissed off before. Lots of ^$#%^&* posts. I'm scared.

What can i say i was furious about the way that 4th quarter turned out. My brother, remote control and cup of water felt my furious wrath.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#428 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:37 pm

"If i could play you guys every day i wouldn't have to retire. Thanks for the win guys."

"LOL same old Magic."
Arroyo30
Junior
And1: 0

Post#429 » by Arroyo30 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:20 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:Yeah, I'll discuss how Jameer should have shot 6 free throws in that 2nd quarter due to his aggressive drives to the hole.

That's why he's coming off the bench right now...he's not getting anything done.
The Lakeshow baby!
The Last Kid Picked
Junior

Post#430 » by The Last Kid Picked » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:28 pm

That loss hurt. The Refs called a awful game. Jameer couldnt buy a call.
Hardaway 10
Analyst

Post#431 » by Hardaway 10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:27 pm

devin3807 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You mentioned that.

Great.

Dwight was -6
Augustine was +13

These numbers are significant as they are largely affected by the PG on the floor at the time. Dwight was in foul trouble most of the 1st quarter, so he played with Jameer in the 2nd and was on the floor with Jameer in the 4th. The Magic were +16 in the 1st and 3rd quarters( outscored Nets 62-46 with Arroyo at PG), so If Dwight is a -6 on the night, his - is a large result of playing a lot with Jameer in the 2nd and 4th.

Augustine played with Arroyo in the 1st and was the beneficiary of easy layups off Arroyo feeds. Augustine doesn't play much(only 12:11 on the night) but if he's a + on the night for his time on the court, the Magic aren't being outplayed. In this case, he played with Arroyo, and being +12 in short PT with Arroyo speaks volumes about the offensive efficiency under Arroyo's lead tonight.
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#432 » by MagicalMan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:40 pm

guess i can start posting in game threads again since the streak is over.
MagicalMan
Analyst
And1: 9

Post#433 » by MagicalMan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:41 pm

funny though how i knew a lot of posters would be irate over the calls throughout the game, considering I never visited here once. But it was quite obvious the calls were inconsistent and frustrated the Magic, which contributed to their meltdown in the 4th.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#434 » by MoGrAdY » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:48 pm

Netsultimatefan63 wrote:The only thing I keep wondering is why the hell didn't Hedo just pull up on Kidd like he was doing the WHOLE fourth quarter? He completely had him WOBBLING in the first possession before he lost it with 12 seconds left. When someone like Hedo is having a career season, a clutch season, and is making shots all day, he has to take advantage. You do NOT drive to the basket when you are a player who makes his money shooting the J and ESPECIALLY when you know that most refs, as unfair as it may be, do not call ticky-tact fouls in the final seconds.

I was asking myself the exact same thing all night. Hedo is freakin 6'10, no reason he cant pull up and hit a jumper over Kidd. His bread and better is hittin jumpers off the dribble alot of times, just ask the Bulls. I do think he was fouled on the drive however, Ive seen the replay about 30 times now and everytime I see Hedo going up and getting his forearm ripped apart. Thats why he shoulda pulled up, you cant leave the game up to the refs. Unless ofcourse your Vince Carter :roll: We can only blame ourselves though. The game shouldnt have even been close. And one other thing, why didnt we go to Rashard? He had just hit two clutch shots before that and then he just goes right back to Hedo.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#435 » by MoGrAdY » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:50 pm

MagicalMan wrote:funny though how i knew a lot of posters would be irate over the calls throughout the game, considering I never visited here once. But it was quite obvious the calls were inconsistent and frustrated the Magic, which contributed to their meltdown in the 4th.

I agree 100%, Ive never seen them so frustrated and worried about the refs before. I recall the one time they called a foul on Hedo and he just took the ball and threw it towards the camera guys where they was no ref in sight. Hes prolly lucky we didnt get a 2nd delay of game or maybe even a T.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#436 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:18 pm

THE ADONAL FOYLE HIGHLIGHT PACKAGE ON SPORTSCENTER!!! :D :)
And then they show Darrell killing us. :( And Hedo's struggle at the end.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 958

Post#437 » by Devin 1L » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:59 pm

prorl wrote:(picture)

"If i could play you guys every day i wouldn't have to retire. Thanks for the win guys."

(picture)

"LOL same old Magic."

Ha!

See. We can never win when Brian Hill is coaching.

Hardaway 10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

These numbers are significant as they are largely affected by the PG on the floor at the time. Dwight was in foul trouble most of the 1st quarter, so he played with Jameer in the 2nd and was on the floor with Jameer in the 4th. The Magic were +16 in the 1st and 3rd quarters( outscored Nets 62-46 with Arroyo at PG), so If Dwight is a -6 on the night, his - is a large result of playing a lot with Jameer in the 2nd and 4th.

Yeah, Dwight's negative is because Jameer sucks so much...

Augustine played with Arroyo in the 1st and was the beneficiary of easy layups off Arroyo feeds. Augustine doesn't play much(only 12:11 on the night) but if he's a + on the night for his time on the court, the Magic aren't being outplayed. In this case, he played with Arroyo, and being +12 in short PT with Arroyo speaks volumes about the offensive efficiency under Arroyo's lead tonight.

Dude. Augustine scored one basket, not that it really matters.

The +/- when limited to one game is relatively useless.

In your rationale: Arroyo owes his +11 to Augustine who's +13 really speaks volumes about how he opened up the floor for Arroyo.

This is fun.
Hardaway 10
Analyst

Post#438 » by Hardaway 10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:53 pm

devin3807 wrote:
Dude. Augustine scored one basket, not that it really matters.

The +/- when limited to one game is relatively useless.

In your rationale: Arroyo owes his +11 to Augustine who's +13 really speaks volumes about how he opened up the floor for Arroyo.

This is fun.

Glad to see you have fun denying simple facts.

Twist it as you want, but you make my point for me. Augustine didn't do much of anything and yet he's +12 playing on a unit being led by Arroyo. That's a fact illustrating the offensive efficiency of the unit on the floor led by the PG, which in this case is Arroyo. The +/- stat in some cases can be misleading. Here, in the case of Arroyo vs. Nelson the last few games, it's been very accurate. Arroyo is outplaying Nelson decisively.
Wayland The Smith
Pro Prospect
And1: 6

Post#439 » by Wayland The Smith » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:08 pm

Adam1221 wrote:Ive seen some guys that cant accept defeat but this is absurd.
The Nets won this game fair and square that last play was not a foul, they missed plenty of foul's made by the Magic and its not the ref's fault you guys allowed D.A and Jason Collins to get double digit scores.

yeah, in fact it was an offensive foul!!

(i saw the last position,, it's an open faul.. i'm surprised when i read jason kidd's post game comment about it.. Hey man, he's a great player but he's an assh***...)
Arroyo30
Junior

Post#440 » by Arroyo30 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:12 pm

Hardaway 10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Glad to see you have fun denying simple facts.

Twist it as you want, but you make my point for me. Augustine didn't do much of anything and yet he's +12 playing on a unit being led by Arroyo. That's a fact illustrating the offensive efficiency of the unit on the floor led by the PG, which in this case is Arroyo. The +/- stat in some cases can be misleading. Here, in the case of Arroyo vs. Nelson the last few games, it's been very accurate. Arroyo is outplaying Nelson decisively.

then just trade nelson!!haha
The Lakeshow baby!

Return to Orlando Magic