ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#521 » by craig01 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:28 pm

It would be hilarious if ND not only lost to Rice, but got rolled as well.

It might just happen, as Rice has a lot of speed and plays Big 12 style football.

Cougar- YES, I stuck with the favorites. lol

Ball State fumbled the game away last night.

One of the greatest college players ever, and also the first college football STAR that I recognized as a youth, OJ Simpson finally has thrown his life away. What a dumb ass.

For those of you that have only seen clips of him from his USC days, may not fully realize the enormity of his performance in college and later in the NFL. He was easily the most dynamic and explosive back in football. His style was much like Gayle Sayers, but more electrifying, and seemingly always in big games.

He dominated advertising, and set new levels for endorsements, and became arguably the most recognizable person in America.

He was the "Tiger Woods" of his time, and the name "OJ" was a household word that was adored by all.

Shameful that he is turned into such a knucklehead.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#522 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:08 pm

craig01 wrote:It would be hilarious if ND not only lost to Rice, but got rolled as well.

It might just happen, as Rice has a lot of speed and plays Big 12 style football.

Cougar- YES, I stuck with the favorites. lol

Ball State fumbled the game away last night.

One of the greatest college players ever, and also the first college football STAR that I recognized as a youth, OJ Simpson finally has thrown his life away. What a dumb ass.

For those of you that have only seen clips of him from his USC days, may not fully realize the enormity of his performance in college and later in the NFL. He was easily the most dynamic and explosive back in football. His style was much like Gayle Sayers, but more electrifying, and seemingly always in big games.

He dominated advertising, and set new levels for endorsements, and became arguably the most recognizable person in America.

He was the "Tiger Woods" of his time, and the name "OJ" was a household word that was adored by all.

Shameful that he is turned into such a knucklehead.

I thought you were kidding about Ball State, and so I checked espn and wow what a surprise.
BTW I picked Buffalo to upset Ball State lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OJ went from football to commercials to movies he really did well on the field and off, but after that he just ......................................and kept on going down and that book of his put him in the gutter even further. Fitting end considering everything.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#523 » by A.J. » Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:23 pm

I missed the finish of college gameday. Do any of you guys know who Corso picked?
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#524 » by craig01 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 5:57 pm

A.J. wrote:I missed the finish of college gameday. Do any of you guys know who Corso picked?

Sorry, missed it.

NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#525 » by NEM » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:28 pm

3 and out and 7-0 gators already...not looking good for bama early
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#526 » by NEM » Sat Dec 6, 2008 9:32 pm

damn it!
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#527 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 6, 2008 10:10 pm

craig01 wrote:Conference championships:

Florida over Alabama - 38

Ball State over Buffalo - 35

Boston College over Virginia Tech - 20

Tulsa over East Carolina - 40

Oklahoma over Missouri - 49

cougar, go back and put some winning points on........you CAN do it !!!!!

Wow I don't know how to tell you this, but right now at this moment you are 0-3. You already know about Ball State losing and then Boston College, but the huge surprise is Tulsa losing at home to ECU. YIKES!!!!
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#528 » by N4U|Redux » Sat Dec 6, 2008 11:52 pm

cougar13 wrote:I don't know how to tell you this

It must be the end of the world as he knows it.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,442

Post#529 » by UCFJayBird » Sun Dec 7, 2008 12:24 am

Florida's going to win, pretty much over. Awesome.

Florida vs Oklahoma (or Texas if Oklahoma loses somehow) in the Championship Game.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#530 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Dec 7, 2008 12:27 am

Looks like UF is going to cover the spread too.

Good job Gators.

Big 12...beat the SEC!
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#531 » by BassMaster » Sun Dec 7, 2008 2:16 am

cougar13 wrote:
craig01 wrote:New Game?

Ideas?

Conference championship games, pick the winners AND the winning teams total points in their respective game?

SEC, ACC, Big 12, CUSA, MAC all play conference championships.

For good measure, we could throw in the USF/WVU, UCLA/USC, and Army/Navy(this week?)....giving us 8 games to pick the winners and the winning teams score.

Person with the most winners wins.

If there is a tie, then person with the lowest total point differential from the winning team's score wins.

Example:

LSU vs Kentucky....I pick LSU with a score of 31. Final score is 27-24 LSU. My differential is 4.

Over and under the score doesn't matter, just the differential.

Why don't we have people pick the winners of all the conferences who have championship game that should be hard enough without having to figure out the score as well.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/odds

Big 12 Tigers over Sooners
Conference USA Tulsa over ECU ( the game is being played at Tulsa not nuetral field)
ACC Boston College over Georgia Tech
MAC Buffalo over Ball State
SEC Alabama over Florida

After looking at the other games I don't see any upsets including USF playing WVU at WV just an end to a not so good season for SF.
============================================================================================
BTW the head coach for Auburn resigned yes he resigned.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3744885
My question for the AD and President of the University what were they thinking they tried to get Tuberville to not resign. Something tells me that if he hadn't resigned there would have been a major push to have him go and if they didn't do that push to get the AD and president to retire because Auburn isn't going up, but down.

Well for the underdogs I did pick only one won and that was Buffalo. Considering the way that the Tigers are not playing and how well the Sooners are playing I am calling this a win for the Sooners so that makes 1-4 for the Conference Championships.
Craig will end up 2-3 unless somehow the Sooners decide to stop playing lol.

Soon the many bowl games will be starting. I wonder how many fans will be going considering the way the economy is going. I believe that the lesser bowl games will not sell out except for the one with Notre Dame and schools that are going to their first bowl game like Buffalo. Buffalo is not that far from Toronto so that helps as well.
It should be interesting.
So craig after the college football season is over what about you starting one for college basketball??
Our leader of this thread seems to have disappeared once more and you are our ad hoc leader.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#532 » by BassMaster » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:05 pm

It's College Football Bowl time make your picks by the odds and try to guess the final score of the team that you pick to win. Y'all have time to start making your picks the first games are listed for Dec 20th.
Time to have some fun and see just how good you are when it comes to college football and bowl games.

Craig was the champ for the regular season and bringing up the rear was N4U with me somewhere in between.
Here is the link to the odds:

Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#533 » by Gerhalt11 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:07 pm

You know, there's another interesting system for this we could explore. My brother actually had a betting pool last year with this.

With 34 bowl games, you assign each game a point value, 1-34, and pick the winner. If you are correct, you receive the number of points to which you assigned that game. The idea is to assign 34 points to the game whose outcome you are absolutely, 100% sure about, and 1 point to the game you are the least sure about. Person with the most points after it's all said and done wins.

Thoughts?
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#534 » by craig01 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:48 pm

cougar13 wrote:
[b]Craig was the champ
for the regular season and bringing up the rear was N4U with me somewhere in between.
Here is the link to the odds:

There ya go.

N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#535 » by N4U|Redux » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 pm

Syracuse has a new head coach. New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator Doug Marrone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3763669

Doesn't seem like an overly great hire.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#536 » by craig01 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:47 pm

That's the definition of an under the radar hire.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#537 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:47 am

N4U|Redux wrote:Syracuse has a new head coach. New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator Doug Marrone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3763669

Doesn't seem like an overly great hire.

And didn't the Saints just lose to the Bears not sure that this was a great choice another reason I think that the SU AD is an idiot and so do a lot of other people in the Syracuse area. Lets put it this way if the Orange don't improve under this guy then this AD is history. His first job as AD will most likely be his last.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#538 » by BassMaster » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Gerhalt11 wrote:You know, there's another interesting system for this we could explore. My brother actually had a betting pool last year with this.

With 34 bowl games, you assign each game a point value, 1-34, and pick the winner. If you are correct, you receive the number of points to which you assigned that game. The idea is to assign 34 points to the game whose outcome you are absolutely, 100% sure about, and 1 point to the game you are the least sure about. Person with the most points after it's all said and done wins.

Thoughts?

From the 20th to the 28th there are 12 games why don't we all pick the winners of those games and also pick what we believe to be the winning score. The closest to the winning score win's that game.
Then we take the next 10 games all before Jan 1st and do the same thing with them as well.
Instead of trying to pick 34 games at once.
Then pick the next 11 games doing the same thing that leaves the BCS Championship Game as the last one to play.
This way we can keep this going with some real interest and make people have to think about the games even more.
Yahoo helps by putting the odds of the games by their date of the bowls.
Here is the link to those odds:

Return to Orlando Magic