ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 712

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#61 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:01 pm

RookieStar wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Draft sucks this year and we will be picking somewhere between 14-18...

So I dunno... A backup Forward or Point Guard that wont be riding the bench 5 seasons from now?

Frankly is doesn't matter and shouldn't be invested in it.

At that projected spot of ours, we probably get a 3rd 7ft C in case Goga leaves ( and WCJ injury ) or a young body to develop to what JI is.

I would tend to agree. We have a shortage of servicable bigs and have invested a ton of capital into "G" picks the last couple of years. We are also set at the F position for the next decade.

I could see a PF / C type or a pure C. If Wendell could come off the bench that would be interesting but I do not think we like disturbing the Mo / Isaac IE Jekyl and Hyde dynomo off the bench.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,838

Post#62 » by Skybox » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:04 pm

Not a specific position - because I think the trade and/or FA market is where we address bigger needs, but I like the idea of looking at upperclassmen, who can maybe step in and contribute, even if their long-term ceiling is a little lower. Look for the high BBIQ, versatile, "this guy just knows how to play" guy - like a younger Ingles...instead of the extremely athletic raw types we have to bake for 3 years. Considering our likely position in the draft, this could be the right move. Look at Jaime Jacquez and Trayce Jackson-Davis as examples of mature, heady guys who can step in and compete from day 1.

I think we've got one more big move coming...beyond that, we're fortunate to just be shoring up bench and role players.

If we're going for raw potential, make it a shot-blocking pogo stick type big like Lively or Gafford, etc...that limited role could plug in pretty quickly, at least on a limited minutes basis.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,934

Post#63 » by RookieStar » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:19 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Draft sucks this year and we will be picking somewhere between 14-18...

So I dunno... A backup Forward or Point Guard that wont be riding the bench 5 seasons from now?

At that projected spot of ours, we probably get a 3rd 7ft C in case Goga leaves ( and WCJ injury ) or a young body to develop to what JI is.

I would tend to agree. We have a shortage of servicable bigs and have invested a ton of capital into "G" picks the last couple of years. We are also set at the F position for the next decade.

I could see a PF / C type or a pure C. If Wendell could come off the bench that would be interesting but I do not think we like disturbing the Mo / Isaac IE Jekyl and Hyde dynomo off the bench.

I see a Mcdaniels/JI/ AG type of Forward actually. 6'10 at least and can defend the big wings of the league. Someone to take Okeke/Jingles spot or even MoeSwag when he sucks.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,133

Post#64 » by KillMonger » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:10 am

RookieStar wrote:

That's where I'm at with it, goga probably gone and it's a position where we can afford to stash him in the G league and can provide depth when Wendell misses his chunk of games every season... There are a few bigs that I like in our range.... At first I wanted a guard but they would just be buried with no path to play... Compared to what we need from the center position? I'd rather go this route, all we need is some size rebounding and rim protection from the center spot and we'll be fine... Anything else is extra, we shown that we can win games with a goga-like center

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#65 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:24 am

KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

That's where I'm at with it, goga probably gone and it's a position where we can afford to stash him in the G league and can provide depth when Wendell misses his chunk of games every season... There are a few bigs that I like in our range.... At first I wanted a guard but they would just be buried with no path to play... Compared to what we need from the center position? I'd rather go this route, all we need is some size rebounding and rim protection from the center spot and we'll be fine... Anything else is extra, we shown that we can win games with a goga-like center

Yeah... a mitchrob/claxton type of C that were taken in the 2nd round. Dunno who though.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#66 » by KillMonger » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:47 am

RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Yeah... a mitchrob/claxton type of C that were taken in the 2nd round. Dunno who though.

i like yves missi...he's like a more athletic clint capela....i like the motor on the kid
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#67 » by T-Cat » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:14 pm

KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:That's where I'm at with it, goga probably gone and it's a position where we can afford to stash him in the G league and can provide depth when Wendell misses his chunk of games every season... There are a few bigs that I like in our range.... At first I wanted a guard but they would just be buried with no path to play... Compared to what we need from the center position? I'd rather go this route, all we need is some size rebounding and rim protection from the center spot and we'll be fine... Anything else is extra, we shown that we can win games with a goga-like center

i like yves missi...he's like a more athletic clint capela....i like the motor on the kid

This is Anthony Parker's first draft pick as GM!

Hopefully he'll make it a home run pick :D
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#68 » by Ducklett » Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:45 pm

Just pick whoever drops or a kentucky player. Best odds.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#69 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:07 pm

Ducklett wrote:Just pick whoever drops or a kentucky player. Best odds.

Well UK is playing against a tough Auburn right now. Better watch it and see who you think is good
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#70 » by MMFla » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:39 am

Yeah I don't like this draft much, would be a good one to get a project or trade out. My favorite player is Reed Sheppard though he won't be there at our range unfortunately.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#71 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:00 am

MMFla wrote:Yeah I don't like this draft much, would be a good one to get a project or trade out. My favorite player is Reed Sheppard though he won't be there at our range unfortunately.
Hard to see any guard having a path to play

Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 379

Post#72 » by Petre1978 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:46 pm

KillMonger wrote:
MMFla wrote:Yeah I don't like this draft much, would be a good one to get a project or trade out. My favorite player is Reed Sheppard though he won't be there at our range unfortunately.

If they let Fultz leave there is room for a new guard.
McCain from Duke is perfect to play with Wagner and Banchero.
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by Petre1978 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:19 pm

Players who would help the Magic in the shooting department.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#74 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:12 pm

Petre1978 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

i guess that new guard would play behind AB?
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Petre1978 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:26 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Petre1978 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Hard to see any guard having a path to play

McCain with Suggs starting backcourt.
Black and Anthony backups
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#76 » by RookieStar » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:09 am

Petre1978 wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Petre1978 wrote:If they let Fultz leave there is room for a new guard.

McCain with Suggs starting backcourt.
Black and Anthony backups

One historic night from Jared and he is already a starting G in a NBA roster? Lol

Dont get me wrong, i was awestruck by his impersonation of Curry in that game but starting him over AB when we don't know yet if he will.be the same in the league is just...
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#77 » by RookieStar » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:11 am

You really think he wont be there in the late teens to early 20s?
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 724

Post#78 » by RichCollab » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:24 am

I’m hoping we can trade it with other assets to upgrade a rotational player.

I’m always done for drafting best shooter on the board or maybe a developmental big if we don’t keep Goga.
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 436

Post#79 » by T-Cat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:11 am

RichCollab wrote:I’m hoping we can trade it with other assets to upgrade a rotational player.

I’m always done for drafting best shooter on the board or maybe a developmental big if we don’t keep Goga.

Anyone like this kid Sarr? His frame worries me a bit.

Read on Twitter
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,115

Post#80 » by Magic#1 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:37 am

T-Cat wrote:
RichCollab wrote:I’m hoping we can trade it with other assets to upgrade a rotational player.

Anyone like this kid Sarr? His frame worries me a bit.

Read on Twitter

Sarr may have JJJ potential, but this draft isn't worth giving up the assets to get a top prospect. Now, if there is a drop on draft night for whatever reason, I would think it would be possible to go up from late teens to 8-12ish without mortgaging our future.

Return to Orlando Magic