ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#61 » by EasternMagic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:29 pm

craig01 wrote:
EasternMagic wrote:N4U, you watching UNC??? lol they are looking pretty good. ha im telling you they are my dark horse for the ACC this year

Not sure they can win it, but like Alabama, they will make a lot of noise at worst.

ya they are really fun to watch too... i guess its just the energy of an up and coming program
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#62 » by Gerhalt11 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Predictably, Florida had its way with Tennessee. This should put Florida in the national championship conversation. This team has become more than just Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and everyone else. Their running game has improved exponentially.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#63 » by EasternMagic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:06 pm

wow FIU playing some defense. If they could only play offense. this is my beef with USF they look like they struggle on the road to less than good teams, they will win this game but they should have killed FIU... Kansas did and they beat them.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#64 » by N4U|Redux » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:08 pm

The FIU game is quite annoying, we're playing so flat. And, I think our offense took a took at UCF's playbook, we're playing too conservative.

Our team rarely blows others out though, its not our style. Even against 1AA teams we dont often blow them out.

BTW - Rutgers loses to Navy, LMFAO. There's one prediction right. My other prediction of Miami over Cincinnati was a bad one, I thought it was the hurricanes but it isn't.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#65 » by EasternMagic » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:The FIU game is quite annoying, we're playing so flat. And, I think our offense took a took at UCF's playbook, we're playing too conservative.

Our team rarely blows others out though, its not our style. Even against 1AA teams we dont often blow them out.

BTW - Rutgers loses to Navy, LMFAO. There's one prediction right. My other prediction of Miami over Cincinnati was a bad one, I thought it was the hurricanes but it isn't.

This is true... but idk you just think they would dominate a team like FIU... i bet you a shinny nickle if this was a home game it would be 48-0..... and are the Florida Int. fans the ones chanting bull sh*t in with the players down... if so that's extremely low and extremely disrespectful cause this does not look good at all.

good to see all the players meet for a prayer for him though hope he's alright... never like to see kids go down with neck/head injuries. my prayers go out to him
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#66 » by magicfanatic23 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:07 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:Predictably, Florida had its way with Tennessee. This should put Florida in the national championship conversation. This team has become more than just Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and everyone else. Their running game has improved exponentially.

+1

We look so much better this year imo it isn't even funny. I know its just 3 games but the defense has been dominant. The secondary looks much better which was a huge problem last year. And today Emmanuel Moody who transferred from USC looks to be the real deal. He was great and our running game looks solid enough to take pressure off Tebow.

I love how UF is playing right now and looking at the schedule it seems there are 2 games out there that could cause problems.

10/11 vs. LSU
11/1 vs. Georgia (in Jacksonville)

If we win these 2 games I see us in the SEC championship game for sure and a national championship could be a definite possibility. The team looks great and I am so pumped up for the rest of the season. Go Gators
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#67 » by BassMaster » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:18 am

Gerhalt11 wrote:
craig01 wrote:BYU may be better than 10 of the 11 teams in the Big 10.....maybe all of the Big East, and at least 10 of 12 in the ACC.

Is there any movement to get them out of the MWC? I agree, they could do some damage in a BCS conference.

There has been some talk about adding BYU and Utah to the PAC-10. A friend of mine at BYU said that the university has been contacted by the PAC-10. All I know is that there has been some ongoing talks for the past year or so.
BTW BYU since their game with UW the Cougars have scored 103 points and allowed zero in their last two games not too shabby. Both BYU and Utah are undefeated so far, but early in season.

BTW Oregon almost came back to beat Boise State which wouldn't have been bad considering that Oregon was using their 3rd and then 4th string quarterback. Yep they are really hurting in that area.

If you are wondering yes I went to BYU (cougar13), BYU are named the cougars.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#68 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:53 am

USF wins 17-9 against FIU. Looked like UCF today: bland. Injuries out the a-hole.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#69 » by EasternMagic » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:01 am

N4U|Redux wrote:USF wins 17-9 against FIU. Looked like UCF today: bland. Injuries out the a-hole.

It hasnt been a good football day... after running my mouth about UNC.... they lose. the only game that ended up like i wanted was the florida game.
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#70 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:03 am

Holy crap, this Auburn/LSU game sure lived up to the hype.

And, Auburn only scored 3 points last week? WTF?
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#71 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:11 am

Georgia is looking good and making the USC10 look bad, ASU was supposed to be one of the elite USC10 teams along with Oregon, except Oregon barely beat Purdue and loses this week. The Pac10 is the worst BCS conference without USC, they're so top heavy its a joke.

And, FSU proved it's a joke to rank a team after beating two 1AA teams. I hate this 'tradition' crap in the polls. FSU sucks they didn't deserve anything close to a ranking.

There were a few gems though, the NCSU vs ECU game was great as was the Auburn/LSU. Other teams finally separated themselves as legit (like Alabama), so all in all it was a decent week.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by BassMaster » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:41 am

N4U|Redux wrote:Georgia is looking good and making the USC10 look bad, ASU was supposed to be one of the elite USC10 teams along with Oregon, except Oregon barely beat Purdue and loses this week. The Pac10 is the worst BCS conference without USC, they're so top heavy its a joke.

And, FSU proved it's a joke to rank a team after beating two 1AA teams. I hate this 'tradition' crap in the polls. FSU sucks they didn't deserve anything close to a ranking.

There were a few gems though, the NCSU vs ECU game was great as was the Auburn/LSU. Other teams finally separated themselves as legit (like Alabama), so all in all it was a decent week.

Well consider this about Oregon they lost their starting quarterback in the Purdue game and actually he is second on the list for Oregon. So against BSU they were playing their third string quarterback. Quarterbacks at Oregon need to get help like endangered status lol.
ASU was just over rated as was FSU.

I have to wonder just how good the Tigers of Mizzo really are considering how many points they gave up to Buffalo plus their starting quarterback stayed in the entire game. The only team they played who offered any real competiton was IU other then that they have played zero competition.
Just wondering.
My other school on this list has to be Penn State another team who has not played any real competition so we don't really know how good or bad they are until they play a team who can play. Penn State put the hurt on Temple today (rolling eyes).
Just wondering.
EasternMagic
RealGM

Post#73 » by EasternMagic » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:50 am

Chase Daniels is legit... he's my pick for the Heisman this year. Not a lot of teams have played real solid competition yet... and each team, sparing USC and Florida has not done as well in no name games as they should have. I agree though Penn St., FSU, ASU, Ohio State, were all overrated
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#74 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:03 am

Penn hasn't played anyone yet, and I don't particularly like them, but the fashion they've been winning has been amazing. I buy that they'll be good this year. Keep in mind they've been pretty bad lately, I don't know if they're top 10, but they will certainly be ranked all year in the top 20.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#75 » by craig01 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:52 pm

craig01 wrote:N4U
low: Iowa over Pittsburgh (-1.5)
middle: Navy over Rutgers (-4.5)
high: Miami over Cincinatti (-12)

craig

Auburn over LSU (-2.5) low game
NC St over ECU (-7) Middle game
UCF over Boston College (-10) high game

gerhalt

Low: VT over UNC
Middle: Vandy over Ole Miss
High: UCF over BC

Gerhalt kicked butt with 2 correct upsets.

N4U and me each got one. We are the official "not so know-it-alls" lol

I'll post the spread again next week and see if gerhalt can maintain his "guru" status.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#76 » by drsd » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:04 pm

Firstly, I think OSU is getting overly trashed in the media this week. They lead their game the whole way, and came out with an 18 point win. If this where an NFL game with the OSU / Troy ST.-type boxscore, one would conclude that OSU crushed Troy St.

Iowa has now fallen from the ranks of Big-Ten undefeated, leaving Northwestern (unbelievably) with Minnesota, Penn St., and my Wisconsin Badgers (Go Bucky).

Michigan St. had a nice win over Notre Dame, and this was basically the only interesting game in the Big Ten for the week.

Next week starts the Big Ten Confernce schedule:
- My Badgers have an away game at a disappointing Michigan team: is this a trap game?
- Penn St. vs. Illinois is an interesting test for the Nittany Lions.
- OSU vs. Minnesota lets us know if the Golden Hamsters are for real or not. (to end the Buckeye's season?
- Michigan St. vs. Indiana looks to be an avoidable trap.

Penn St. vs. Illinois looks to be the game of the week for the MidWest.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#77 » by craig01 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Michigan has two weeks to regroup.

They have been horrible, but RR is a good coach (a jerk though), and will have Mich competitive.

Your Badgers SHOULD win...........but yeah, this might be a trap game.

I don't think PSU is legit. At least not yet. Zook probably finds a way to win this one.....recreate all the hype....and then lose to Indiana and Northwestern.....lol

drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,042

Post#78 » by drsd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:09 am

craig01 wrote:I don't think PSU is legit. At least not yet. Zook probably finds a way to win this one.....recreate all the hype....and then lose to Indiana and Northwestern.....lol

This reminds me of some ten years ago when Northwestern came out of nowhere to take charge of the Big Ten. So long as the Wildcats remain undefeated, the dream continues :(
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#79 » by craig01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Glad to see Mompremier is OK.

That is scary......UCF had a LB (Poe) go down the same way, but I believe he sustained fractures, but was able to walk again.

Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#80 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:05 pm

New AP Top 25:

1. USC (62) 2-0 1,621
2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,484
3. Georgia (2) 4-0 1,475
4. Florida (1) 3-0 1,442
5. LSU 3-0 1,363
6. Missouri 4-0 1,360
7. Texas 3-0 1,174
8. Alabama 4-0 1,132
9. Wisconsin 3-0 1,091
10. Texas Tech 4-0 962
11. Brigham Young 4-0 919
12. Penn State 4-0 891
13. South Florida 4-0 798
14. Ohio State 3-1 790
15. Auburn 3-1 785
16. Wake Forest 3-0 711
17. Utah 4-0 574
18. Kansas 3-1 555
19. Boise State 3-0 363
20. Clemson 3-1 300
21. Vanderbilt 4-0 242
22. Illinois 2-1 224
23. East Carolina 3-1 201
24. TCU 4-0 117
25. Fresno State 2-1 105

Vanderbilt makes the top 25 for the first time in over two decades.

Return to Orlando Magic