ImageImageImageImage

OT: Non-UCF College Football

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: OT: Non-UCF College Football 

Post#81 » by craig01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Impostors......teams that have a better ranking than what they really are:

8. Alabama.......they do not have the defense to hang all year. Great start though.
10. Texas Tech......one dimensional....patty cake schedule.....a top 25 team
13. USF...they are at the threshold of where they belong. I'd be concerned about their on/off intensity
14. Ohio State.....this team is better than this regardless of the QB. They'll quietly move up
21. Vanderbilt......wanna bet they don't win 7 games?
23. East Carolina.....nice start, but this wasn't going to last.....Skip Holtz?...ECU's fan base was ready to run him outta town before last season.
25. Fresno St......sure, they play up sometimes, but they are better than 95 other teams?......nah
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#82 » by Gerhalt11 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:01 pm

craig01 wrote:21. Vanderbilt......wanna bet they don't win 7 games?

I'll take that bet. They're 4-0 now, here's their remaining schedule:

Auburn - L
Mississippi State - W
Georgia - L
Duke - W
Florida - L
Kentucky - W/L
Tennessee - W/L
Wake Forest - L

6 wins easy, only lost by one point to Tennessee last season and a touchdown to Kentucky, who lost the best pure passer in the SEC in Andre Woodson.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#83 » by EasternMagic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:18 pm

i see vandy losing to florida and georgia, but pulling the upset on auburn. duke, kentucky, tennessee, and wake forest should all be wins. so yes i say they get 7-8 wins
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#84 » by craig01 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:40 pm

Auburn TBA ................................Loss
Oct. 11 at Miss. State TBA............................Loss
Oct. 18 at Georgia TBA .................................Loss
Oct. 25 Duke 2:00pm .................................Win
Nov. 8 Florida TBA ................................Loss
Nov. 15 at Kentucky TBA .........................Loss
Nov. 22 Tennessee TBA ................................Loss
Nov. 29 at Wake Fore ................................Loss

Auburn.............forget about it. It begins the letdown
Miss St......... may be up for grabs but it is on the road. MSU will be desperate for a home win
Georgia............no way, on the road
Duke........ may not be a gimme W, they will bother a few teams this year with Cutcliffe there.
Kentucky........ is a possibility......W/L......but I figure a road loss
Tennessee.........doubtful, as Fulmer is in the fight for his life (his players like him)
Wake.........on the road, little or no chance. Vandy will be too beat up by then.,

Vandy has done this before (good start, minus the ranking), they lack the speed, size, and depth once they get into the SEC schedule. They'll wear out pretty fast.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#85 » by BassMaster » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:59 pm

craig01 wrote:Impostors......teams that have a better ranking than what they really are:

8. Alabama.......they do not have the defense to hang all year. Great start though.
10. Texas Tech......one dimensional....patty cake schedule.....a top 25 team
13. USF...they are at the threshold of where they belong. I'd be concerned about their on/off intensity
14. Ohio State.....this team is better than this regardless of the QB. They'll quietly move up
21. Vanderbilt......wanna bet they don't win 7 games?
23. East Carolina.....nice start, but this wasn't going to last.....Skip Holtz?...ECU's fan base was ready to run him outta town before last season.
25. Fresno St......sure, they play up sometimes, but they are better than 95 other teams?......nah

Alabama jumped in the polls after beating the Hogs who are really bad this year :roll:
Texas Tech has not played anyone, but keep on climbing the polls :roll:
Don't know which team will show up when talking about USF.
Vanderbilt should win at least 6 games this year. BTW MSU is really that bad.

Have a question why is everyone kissing Lou Holtz's ass including Notre Dame?? I mean every school he coached at ended up on probation. Sounds like a lot of people have very short memories when it comes to this former coach.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#86 » by craig01 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:08 am

The hogs are dogs.

I hope nothing but bad happens to Petrino the snake. He's borderline dirty, and he won't get away with his old tactics like he did at Louisville. The other SEC coaches will make sure he gets caught if he steps out of bounds.

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#87 » by craig01 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Fulmer is on the hot seat. If UT ends uo 5-7, maybe even 6-6....color him gone.

Robinson, at Syracuse will get the ax. Two years too late.

Schiano looks like he forgot to recruit.

Randy Shannon has eased some tension at UM, but for how long?

For the first real time, their may be some vocal disillusionment among the UCF base.

N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#88 » by N4U|Redux » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:06 pm

craig01 wrote:Robinson, at Syracuse will get the ax. Two years too late.

It must've been pretty depressing for Cuse fans to finally get to play Penn State, a traditional rival, only to be the laughing stock of BCS football at the time. People had that game on their calendar for years.

Schiano looks like he forgot to recruit.

I hate Rutgers, are there any recent better examples of a team totally disappearing after ONE nice season? I don't know what made the magic happen a few years back, but it's pretty obvious it's not happening to Rutgers or Schiano again.

Randy Shannon has eased some tension at UM, but for how long?

I think UM fans are optimistic about their teams chances in the next couple/few years. I know I am. I rather FSU come back to form because I was never really a Hurricane's fan, but given that I hope my team is able to repeat UM's history in the Big East, I'm kind of pulling for them.

For the first real time, their may be some vocal disillusionment among the UCF base.

Personally, I don't understand it really. It seemed like last year you guys loved GOL. You guys are hyping up your recruiting classes (and rightfully so), and now that the team has repeated its inconsistency year to year, you guys are upset again. You guys did lose arguably the best player you had in your school's history and it's pretty obvious you don't have the depth to deal with the other losses you made. I wouldn't say I'm sad about the state of UCF football, because I hardly doubt you guys would care if we suck when Grothe is done, but you guys will be fine. Especially as the recent very good recruiting classes mature. Right now both of our teams have our "crappy recruits" as upperclassmen.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#89 » by craig01 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Much of the frustration at UCF is about GOL and the OC. Other frustrations are GOL's reluctance to put any stock into OOC games. To him, they are less important than conference games, but too many, the OOC games are about establishing respect outside of the conference.

GOL's job is safe, he is far too powerful for it not to be, but, many would just wish he'd add "the second page" to the playbook. This is the 5th year of the same 4 plays. Damn.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by BassMaster » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:33 pm

I think that a lot of Syracuse fans would like to see the AD fired with the football coach.

Rutgers has had more then just one good season. Coach's job is safe for the forseeable future.

So craig01 why don't you make this topic a sticky????

BTW IMO UCF was hurt when their star running back left early for the NFL. I mean what kind of team would they have been with him still on the team. He was a lot of their offense and with him in the game there was less pressure on the quarterback to get his passes off. Now it's a completely different story is it not???
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#91 » by craig01 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:45 pm

I think that a lot of Syracuse fans would like to see the AD fired with the football coach.

Jim Brown doesn't like either guy. Apparently the upper crust at SU is happy with the AD, but I'd sure hate to be a fan.

Rutgers has had more then just one good season. Coach's job is safe for the forseeable future.

I agree that Schiano is safe.....the rumors persist that he is waiting for PSU when Joepa leaves.

So craig01 why don't you make this topic a sticky????

I am a mod on the Rays board. I just post here. This thread will stay very active though, so probably no need to sticky.

BTW IMO UCF was hurt when their star running back left early for the NFL. I mean what kind of team would they have been with him still on the team. He was a lot of their offense and with him in the game there was less pressure on the quarterback to get his passes off. Now it's a completely different story is it not???

Three OL left too. Still, the offense was putrid last year much of the time with the exception of K Smith. There is ample talent, speed and size. All that's missing is the "coach em up" factor. I do think that there are some significant issues on the coaching staff that have not been addressed. (OC, OL).

I know some the parents of the OL, and the new OL coach does not do very much as far as teaching technique. He's a screamer......and with so many fresh/soph at those positions......well, we can see the results.

N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#92 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:24 am

I don't disagree that Schiano won't be losing his job. He is overrated though, he has something like a .400 win percentage. Boy howdy! And, what has Rutgers done since their 11-win season? They went 8-5 afterward (counting a win in the International bowl! woo!) and are 0-3 this season. Schiano's previous high in wins before 11-wins? SEVEN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_schiano

2-9
1-11
5-7
4-7
7-5
11-2
8-5
0-3 (and counting)

Schiano really added to his rep by not leaving Rutgers, but it doesn't make Rutgers better than it is, or Schiano a better coach than he is. Go check out the Rutgers board on Rivals, they're pretty unhappy with him, comparing him to Greg Robinson of all people.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#93 » by craig01 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:39 pm

I was wondering how Rutgers fans were saying.

I agree that he is over rated, hell, he was on the hot seat before that first winning season.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by BassMaster » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:19 pm

craig01 wrote:I was wondering how Rutgers fans were saying.

I agree that he is over rated, hell, he was on the hot seat before that first winning season.

I read on one forum that yes they are upset, but at the same time this is the first coach in how long who actually lead the Scarlet Knights to 3 winning seasons in a row and National attention so he is getting more leeway then other coaches like the one at Syracuse who is just downright terrible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW did you know that the students at SU have to pay almost the full price and for those season ticket holders if they want good seats they have to give a donation and pay full price. There are no discounts even if you get a season ticket. Considering too many of the teams they play out of conference are wimps (yes the wimps are beating SU showing how bad the coach is to everyone else) and yet the price is through the roof the same can be said for the basketball team that is how they get so many of their 20 plus wins seasons.
I know this because I had a season ticket for football and basketball. Since I was just one person I was able to give less of a donation to get the good seats. Paid out 300 dollar donation the people around me were paying about 10 thousand for just basketball. Yes that was their "donation" to SU.
People who were on the court paying out about 30 thousand for that right even though they really couldn't see that much because of the way everything is laid out. :roll: :roll: :roll:
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#95 » by craig01 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:17 pm

Most people are unaware of the expense of college sports.

The donor fees are really high in many places.....a "bull gator" pays about 20 grand plus the tickets.

Even UCF is getting donor fees jacked up for newbies.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by BassMaster » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 pm

craig01 wrote:Most people are unaware of the expense of college sports.

The donor fees are really high in many places.....a "bull gator" pays about 20 grand plus the tickets.

Even UCF is getting donor fees jacked up for newbies.

A friend of mine who volunteers at Caring House (housing for adults being treated for cancer at Duke) her family through her father had 4 seats for the mens basketball program at Duke. Her father got the tickets cheap because he worked at Duke. When he died they got the tickets, but Duke requested that they pay a discounted fee of 60 thousand dollars for those seats. Yikes!!!
No they didn't keep the seats just a little over the top for them.
BTW those seats were in the upper level of the arena that should tell you how much the lower level seats go for. And no this doesn't count the price of the tickets that is extra. Yikes one more time!!!
Cameron is so small that seats can run up to a heck of a lot of money.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#97 » by craig01 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Sixty thousand annually?

Holy cow.

BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by BassMaster » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 pm

craig01 wrote:Sixty thousand annually?

Holy cow.

Well that was for 4 seats, but in the upper level so yes I would say Holy Cow and a few other words :o
N4U|Redux
RealGM

Post#99 » by N4U|Redux » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:52 pm

That is insane.

BTW - For this weeks upset games, USF might be a decent choice to take. We're a bad road team, NCSU just "upset" ECU, and we have several starters injured on both sides of the ball, including one of the best DE's in the country.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#100 » by craig01 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:04 am

Is Selvie out?

Return to Orlando Magic