ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,666

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#921 » by Skin » Mon May 20, 2024 9:24 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:ya'll are crazy if you think we keep this pick. Where on the roster do we have room for another rookie?

Goga is a FA.

Zach Edey continues to make the most sense. "Keep it simple stupid" seems to be our best best. All we need is the ability to play different styles of basketball. He allows us to do that.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#922 » by yoyojw17 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:31 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
T-Cat wrote:
Why shouldn't we keep the pick and stash our prospect in the G League and let him develop?

I see no problem with that. Another Howard year. You find a player you like and still give that individual an opportunity to grow in a system akin to yours.... In a larger role as they improve. Perfectly fine. I think people need to start thinking of the g-league as a training ground.... And not simply a lower level trash league where people go to rot. Lol

Transition rate of G league players into just about any serious , organized , competitive basketball isn't really good. Even when you track down best G league players, most of them fail to adjust to basketball with more focus on defense, more team friendly and less mindless run & gun.

Addition of G league Ignite just made league that much more laughable to watch. It went from not very good basketball to outright mockery. Ron Holland stat padding on 2-32 team :rofl:
Gotta make that college alternative look REALLLY good, no matter what :lol:

Pure pain.

Our G league team for example, is mostly made out of people who are in mid to late 30s and never played any serous, professional basketball in their lifes. Queen is what? 28 years old with 300 professional min played in his life. McClung is 25 with 65 min of pro basketball in his life. It's just depressing . What those people really expect? That somebody will give them chance when they turn 30 and it wil somehow lead to actual nba contract and they will make some money It's in between of delusional and borderline schizofrenic behavior. You are 28, you are closer to retirement than actual "chance".

Exum at least was smart enough to know he needs to find great coaches to save his career, and that led him back to nba. Too bad other people chase pipe dreams instad of common sense.

but as a 18-22 year old it's the tutelage part.... defensive and offensive schemes that are run on OUR team that i'm mainly talking about. At the gym running drills...working out..... more time with the ball in their hands than they would get. For 1 year... that's still an upgrade in my opinion when used properly. If they are a talented player... and sent to the G-league... it's not like they come back worse... unless they pick up bad habits and so on. And bring them up to the main team throughout the season.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,260

Post#923 » by cedric76 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:22 pm

Skin wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:ya'll are crazy if you think we keep this pick. Where on the roster do we have room for another rookie?

Goga is a FA.

Zach Edey continues to make the most sense. "Keep it simple stupid" seems to be our best best. All we need is the ability to play different styles of basketball. He allows us to do that.

Goga will be back, I m expecting a 3 yrs 15M contract with team option
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,159

Post#924 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon May 20, 2024 10:36 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:

Goga is a FA.

thats 15M dollars wasted on a 3rd string C :lol: :lol: :lol:
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,151

Post#925 » by KillMonger » Mon May 20, 2024 11:46 pm

Don't overthink it brodie, weltman always does the same thing. He doesn't make the splashy move, build through the draft. Now we have the flexibility to do something splashy but I doubt we make any big splashes.

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,149

Post#926 » by SOUL » Tue May 21, 2024 12:12 am

Skin wrote:

Goga is a FA.

We already play heavy half court offense and this would double down on that lol.

I like Edey but I don't think he throws a different look out there really.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,124

Post#927 » by yoyojw17 » Tue May 21, 2024 1:04 am

Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,993

Post#928 » by Nyce_1 » Tue May 21, 2024 2:28 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:Goga is a FA.

thats 15M dollars wasted on a 3rd string C

Not a waste when your (current) 1st string C is guaranteed to miss 20 games a year.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,260

Post#929 » by cedric76 » Tue May 21, 2024 5:16 am

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:Goga is a FA.

thats 15M dollars wasted on a 3rd string C :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clear sign that you don't get it
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,149

Post#930 » by SOUL » Tue May 21, 2024 5:29 am

It's less about paying a 3rd stringer and more about, you know, Goga's actual decision as a UFA.

A team is definitely going to feel comfortable paying more money than 5 mill for him to be a backup big. He's certainly capable. Goga would be silly to be a 3rd stringer here and take less money for.. good vibes?
Skin
RealGM

Post#931 » by Skin » Tue May 21, 2024 7:15 am

cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:

Goga is a FA.

You must be under the impression that our Center position isn't our biggest weakness.

If we run back the same bodies, then we have failed in our offseason.
Skin
RealGM

Post#932 » by Skin » Tue May 21, 2024 7:17 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Not a waste when your (current) 1st string C is guaranteed to miss 20 games a year.

I would be ok with Goga back if we traded Wendell and signed Claxton.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#933 » by KillMonger » Tue May 21, 2024 7:59 am

Seems like Mr. Terrence Shannon Jr's case is going to trial.....man can you imagine being in this situation? to be at the precipice of a flourishing career beyond your wildest dreams or a jail cell.......damn
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#934 » by KillMonger » Tue May 21, 2024 9:01 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,915

Post#935 » by Skybox » Tue May 21, 2024 11:39 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Then let’s fix THAT …we’ve got another $8m per on our very beloved but very limited backup C…that’s way too much for that position considering how little it contributes on this roster. Would make a lot more sense to have a $20m starter (like Allen or Claxton ) and a couple of vet min Rolo-types or draftees.WCJ at $11m could be the best bench big man at both 4&5.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,199

Post#936 » by tiderulz » Tue May 21, 2024 11:46 am

cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:

Goga is a FA.

he isnt doing that to be our 3rd string center. he will go where he can get more playing time
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,915

Post#937 » by Skybox » Tue May 21, 2024 12:00 pm

KillMonger wrote:Seems like Mr. Terrence Shannon Jr's case is going to trial.....man can you imagine being in this situation? to be at the precipice of a flourishing career beyond your wildest dreams or a jail cell.......damn

His trial will likely be over before the draft...many think he'll be cleared. Mocks will be scrambled overnight.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,329

Post#938 » by MagicMatic » Tue May 21, 2024 12:15 pm

Goga is going to be too expensive for a backup-backup Center. Only way he stays on the team is if Carter or Mo Swags are moved.

I honestly wouldn’t mind if Orlando moved Carter in a trade, resigned Goga, and drafted some prospect big. That makes more sense to me than keeping Carter, Mo, and drafting a big that will never play.
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,928

Post#939 » by Message Boar » Tue May 21, 2024 12:22 pm

Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Seems like Mr. Terrence Shannon Jr's case is going to trial.....man can you imagine being in this situation? to be at the precipice of a flourishing career beyond your wildest dreams or a jail cell.......damn

His trial will likely be over before the draft...many think he'll be cleared. Mocks will be scrambled overnight.

Yeah I've left him off my board completely for now. I haven't even thought about where to put him if he's part of the draft, probably top 20? In any case the situation is likely to stick to him in some capacity. I doubt the Magic go for him.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,044

Post#940 » by drsd » Tue May 21, 2024 12:35 pm

Skin wrote:Zach Edey continues to make the most sense. "Keep it simple stupid" seems to be our best best. All we need is the ability to play different styles of basketball. He allows us to do that.

Regardless of the C core, Edey at #18 is a value pick. Not my first choice, but I would be very pleased with this outcome.

Return to Orlando Magic