ImageImageImageImage

Jett thread

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,115

Re: Jett thread 

Post#21 » by yoyojw17 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:45 pm

fendilim wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=YRqE4P0nH9fvQBdnE2wTEw&s=19

soo, Jett was the pick because he probably agreed ahead of time to spend all year in the G League vs other dudes who didn't want to.

Well it makes sense, tbh.

They probably saw him higher upside too.

We can’t really expect a rookie to be able to contribute right away especially since we were only talking about making the play-in during the draft last year.

Even Black we didn’t even get to use much, and he was even the 6th pick.

I'm pretty sure it's the full personality package. Hard workers, high IQ, team players, great potential, etc.

it's pretty much parts of the recipe for most of the players that they have selected.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 857

Post#22 » by axl_c_cool » Tue May 7, 2024 4:45 pm

cedric76 wrote:Our management is awesome, Jett was injured in school which allowed us to draft and stash it in g league where he was allowed to develop faster than he would have on our bench

We r gonna unleash Jett next season, and once again inpatient fans will be proved wrong

Hopefully he comes in early and shoots well off the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,183

Post#23 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:55 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

soo, Jett was the pick because he probably agreed ahead of time to spend all year in the G League vs other dudes who didn't want to.

Same thing happened with Okeke too

Hopefully it works out better this time
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,110

Post#24 » by bigdogdylan5 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:28 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

If this is true that is malpractice. I believe they just think he was the best or has the most potential to be the best of the shooters available. I mean time will tell. Everyone was freaking out when George was killing it during beginning of the year but none of Dick George or Hawkins ultimately had even good years and fell off. I don’t think Jett is automatically worse than those guys because he didn’t play much.

Jett does still in my head have the potential to do more off the dribble than any of those guys besides maybe Keyonte. But he basically shot the percentage he shot in college though and that will not work at 33%.

All that being said he needs to be able to earn playing time but we also need to give him the opportunity to earn it.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#25 » by KillMonger » Wed May 8, 2024 4:24 am

Won't be too long before we see him in summer league. Can't wait to see him on the main squad

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,234

Post#26 » by cedric76 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 am

KillMonger wrote:Won't be too long before we see him in summer league. Can't wait to see him on the main squad

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app

He ll kill the summer league
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,657

Post#27 » by Skin » Wed May 8, 2024 6:59 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jett is waaaaay more skilled than Okeke in every way. Then again, he's a wing, not a big.

Jett is going to be a core player for us as soon as Mobley gives him a fair chance. I can imagine Jett being on a team like the Thunder where they have bodies that don't fit the prototypical role/body type, but just come off the bench and bring so much firepower. Big 3s, big drives to the rim, just poppin' with energy. OKC would LOVE a guy like Jett. Sorry suckas, we got him!!! :D
meatwad4343
Rookie
And1: 284

Post#28 » by meatwad4343 » Wed May 8, 2024 9:47 am

Jett has been getting cooked all year on defense even in the g league. Unless he can fix that he's never going to crack the rotation here
cedric76
RealGM

Post#29 » by cedric76 » Wed May 8, 2024 10:06 am

meatwad4343 wrote:Jett has been getting cooked all year on defense even in the g league. Unless he can fix that he's never going to crack the rotation here

Like you Ve been watching the gleague :)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#30 » by tiderulz » Wed May 8, 2024 11:40 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

not quite the same. Okeke delayed his signing so his contract didnt hit the cap until the following year
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,794

Post#31 » by Skybox » Wed May 8, 2024 12:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:soo, Jett was the pick because he probably agreed ahead of time to spend all year in the G League vs other dudes who didn't want to.

not quite the same. Okeke delayed his signing so his contract didnt hit the cap until the following year

while recovering from a surgery, so not THAT huge a sacrifice...In Okeke's case, I don't think they draft him without that understanding.

I really can't argue for or against Jett's talent...G League is a completely different animal. We just don't know anything other than our #12 pick, who theoretically meets a glaring need, didn't play. Period.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#32 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:16 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:soo, Jett was the pick because he probably agreed ahead of time to spend all year in the G League vs other dudes who didn't want to.

Okeke doesn’t get drafted if he wasn’t willing to delay his signing for a year

Jett doesn’t get drafted if he wasn’t willing to spend the year in the G League

Not quite the same but slightly comparable. It appears as though there was some “off the court” factors for drafting both guys
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#33 » by tiderulz » Wed May 8, 2024 12:33 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

Not quite the same but slightly comparable. It appears as though there was some “off the court” factors for drafting both guys

i think Okeke gets drafted, just not in the 1st round. Jett was also a projected 1st round pick, even if he went earlier than expected.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#34 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:41 pm

tiderulz wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:not quite the same. Okeke delayed his signing so his contract didnt hit the cap until the following year

i think Okeke gets drafted, just not in the 1st round. Jett was also a projected 1st round pick, even if he went earlier than expected.

Of course they would have gotten drafted :banghead:

Clarification:

Okeke doesn’t get drafted by us if he wasn’t willing to delay his signing for a year

Jett doesn’t get drafted by us if he wasn’t willing/eager to spend the year in the G League
cedric76
RealGM

Post#35 » by cedric76 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:59 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

This is BS, Jett was drafted because he was bpa
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,456

Post#36 » by PrimeThyme » Wed May 8, 2024 3:01 pm

Can someone give me an example of where this has worked with any player in the last 10 years?

I mean, I hear Weltman saying that the G League isn't what it used to be and that it's now a legitimate development tool for players, but I can't find any instance of a lottery pick playing an entire season in the G League turning into a legitimate starting-level or rotational-level player for a team.

I'm generally curious about this, as I'd like to have continued hope for Jett.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#37 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:25 pm

Skin wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

Jett is waaaaay more skilled than Okeke in every way. Then again, he's a wing, not a big.

Jett is going to be a core player for us as soon as Mobley gives him a fair chance. I can imagine Jett being on a team like the Thunder where they have bodies that don't fit the prototypical role/body type, but just come off the bench and bring so much firepower. Big 3s, big drives to the rim, just poppin' with energy. OKC would LOVE a guy like Jett. Sorry suckas, we got him!!! :D

Wat

OKC literally could have drafted Jett if they loved him so much.. and they didn’t, lol
OrlChamps2030
General Manager

Post#38 » by OrlChamps2030 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:27 pm

cedric76 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:not quite the same. Okeke delayed his signing so his contract didnt hit the cap until the following year

This is BS, Jett was drafted because he was bpa

I had to go back to the 2006 draft to find a lottery pick rookie that played less minutes than Jett. It had to have been planned out that whoever we took at 11 would spend the year in the G league
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Post#39 » by MagicMatic » Wed May 8, 2024 3:32 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:Can someone give me an example of where this has worked with any player in the last 10 years?

I mean, I hear Weltman saying that the G League isn't what it used to be and that it's now a legitimate development tool for players, but I can't find any instance of a lottery pick playing an entire season in the G League turning into a legitimate starting-level or rotational-level player for a team.

Some of the takes in here are absolutely delusional.
The answer is NO. There aren't many examples, if any at all.

The only possible reason he isn't on the floor is VERY suspect defense and Orlando's rotation with Mosely valuing veteran experience.
I'm not out on the guy, but I think some of these homer expectations need to be dialed WAY back...

I'm expecting him to get the same kind of burn Houstan did this season... which means not a lot.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,387

Post#40 » by pepe1991 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:37 pm

PrimeThyme wrote:Can someone give me an example of where this has worked with any player in the last 10 years?

There isn't much evidence G league today is any better than D league was.
Being refered as " development " league is actually funny because how far from truth it is. When you look rosters, it's just bunch of people who should have been pros like 4 years ago.

Just look at all NBA G- league team from last year:
David Duke Jr- 25 years old. Hardly ever played in any professional league but several nba games.
Jay Huff - 26 yeras old, once again, apart from sporadic tank effort nba games, never played anywhere serious basketball
Carlik Jones- 26 years old, one year in China
Queta ,24 years old , - had 4 professional games outside nba, 482 min of nba ( mainly deep bench)
Lofton- on his 3rd nba team , 45 games in nba. Only actually young player on a list.

:dontknow:

We are 5 or 6 years into two way contracts and only like 5 players popped. Caruso, Dort, Martin, Dort, Reeves. Maybe i'm missing on somebody but that's what 5 out of 360 signed? And like 4 out of 5 are Lakers and Heat players who play very specific roles on teams that have very specific needs.

Month ago i went deep trying to find lottery pick who played so little in nba in rookie year and i tapped out after going back 6 years. Probably should be looking for somebody drafted 10 + years ago to find reference point. ( assuming that player didn't have injury that kept him whole year long like Randle who played like 7 min of rookie year).
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon

Return to Orlando Magic