ImageImageImageImage

Jett thread

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,794

Jett thread 

Post#1 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:50 pm

Sudden rash of injuries...this could be Jett's chance to make an impression. I have high hopes for him, but still an unanswered question:

Jett is big enough to play SF (which is covered sufficiently with Franz & Ingles)...is he capable of serious consideration at SG?

-he looks big to me. I know foot speed and lockdown D are not in the cards at any spot, but can he line up at SG?

If so, we need him and his scoring ( I think he's got more in his bag than just 3pt sniping). If Black is getting some run at PG (either start or bench), wouldn't Jett be a beautiful complement?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,558

Re: Jett thread 

Post#2 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:32 am

Skybox wrote:Sudden rash of injuries...this could be Jett's chance to make an impression. I have high hopes for him, but still an unanswered question:

Jett is big enough to play SF (which is covered sufficiently with Franz & Ingles)...is he capable of serious consideration at SG?

-he looks big to me. I know foot speed and lockdown D are not in the cards at any spot, but can he line up at SG?

If so, we need him and his scoring ( I think he's got more in his bag than just 3pt sniping). If Black is getting some run at PG (either start or bench), wouldn't Jett be a beautiful complement?

My early observations are he can't really guard at the NBA level. So he would have to fill it up to be a net neutral.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Post#3 » by RookieStar » Sat Nov 4, 2023 12:35 am

Skybox wrote:Sudden rash of injuries...this could be Jett's chance to make an impression. I have high hopes for him, but still an unanswered question:

I dont think he can keep up with the 3s, how much more the 2guards. Sure he looks big, bit can his rookie body "bang" with the vets or will even 6'3 SGs just muscle him to the hoop?
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#4 » by TheChaser » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:35 am

Yeah, the young guys are about to get some burn I believe. And I think it’s a good thing. Fine tune some parts of this machine.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,082

Post#5 » by SOUL » Sat Nov 4, 2023 3:43 am

I thinkl Ingles/Cole gets more minutes with Black getting minutes too (and Suggs obv). That's if Fultz doesn't play, and if he does.. I don't see Jett getting many minutes ahead of Houstan.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,234

Post#6 » by cedric76 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 8:04 am

Fultz+Harris Will be back soon, Jett s time will come but not this season
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#7 » by G-Heel » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:23 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:

My early observations are he can't really guard at the NBA level. So he would have to fill it up to be a net neutral.

I feel the same. He'll get destroy on defense and I think that's the reason he's not getting any burns right now. Maybe in a few months where he learns the schemes and gets stronger he'll see minutes.
Fire Otis!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,794

Post#8 » by Skybox » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:28 pm

G-Heel wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

I feel the same. He'll get destroy on defense and I think that's the reason he's not getting any burns right now. Maybe in a few months where he learns the schemes and gets stronger he'll see minutes.

If his defense is THAT appallingly bad, F**k this FO...get him in there and see what he can learn and do and contribute before it really matters. Pair him with teammates that can help, like Suggs & Isaac & Black, who are just as notably deficient on offense.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,826

Post#9 » by Audi » Sat Nov 4, 2023 4:33 pm

Seems like some overreacting on his defensive capabilities. It's not like we would be plugging him into the SL. I think he'll be fine against other bench units/scrubs for now.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 715

Post#10 » by RichCollab » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:42 pm

Jett hasn’t established the trust of his teammates on the same level as Black. I don’t see minutes yet for Jett.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,568

Post#11 » by eyriq » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:55 pm

RichCollab wrote:Jett hasn’t established the trust of his teammates on the same level as Black. I don’t see minutes yet for Jett.
This is insightful. I wonder if there is an internal vote of confidence acting as a gate keeping mechanism. Franz shyly pimping Black was interesting.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Post#12 » by RookieStar » Sat Nov 4, 2023 9:35 pm

eyriq wrote:
RichCollab wrote:Jett hasn’t established the trust of his teammates on the same level as Black. I don’t see minutes yet for Jett.
This is insightful. I wonder if there is an internal vote of confidence acting as a gate keeping mechanism. Franz shyly pimping Black was interesting.

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:
cedric76
RealGM

Post#13 » by cedric76 » Tue May 7, 2024 10:13 am

I m excited about Jett next year

https://youtu.be/2XapCDpWAY4?si=rOSFsLXFK02TMpzC

Him mentioning defense a few times got me pumped

I think he ll be our starting SG by the end of 2026
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,568

Post#14 » by eyriq » Tue May 7, 2024 12:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=YRqE4P0nH9fvQBdnE2wTEw&s=19
cedric76
RealGM

Post#15 » by cedric76 » Tue May 7, 2024 12:52 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Booker lite
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,140

Post#16 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue May 7, 2024 12:53 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

soo, Jett was the pick because he probably agreed ahead of time to spend all year in the G League vs other dudes who didn't want to.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 707

Post#17 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue May 7, 2024 1:06 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

soo, Jett was the pick because he probably agreed ahead of time to spend all year in the G League vs other dudes who didn't want to.

Our management is frauds.....
cedric76
RealGM

Post#18 » by cedric76 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:31 pm

Our management is awesome, Jett was injured in school which allowed us to draft and stash it in g league where he was allowed to develop faster than he would have on our bench

We r gonna unleash Jett next season, and once again inpatient fans will be proved wrong
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,140

Post#19 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue May 7, 2024 1:31 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Our management is frauds.....

i mean it makes sense, looking at our roster we really didn't have spots available. That then begs the question did they even try to move up with those 2 picks and get a better player or did they just sit back and go with the flow.

It's dusted now but certainly seems like they're EXTREMELY risk averse and will just go with the flow.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,048

Post#20 » by fendilim » Tue May 7, 2024 2:23 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well it makes sense, tbh.

They probably saw him higher upside too.

We can’t really expect a rookie to be able to contribute right away especially since we were only talking about making the play-in during the draft last year.

Even Black we didn’t even get to use much, and he was even the 6th pick.

Return to Orlando Magic