ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,169

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#641 » by tiderulz » Thu May 2, 2024 11:24 am

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Carter or da silva

If the Magic keeps this pick, drafting an upperclassman of need makes and enormous amount sense. Either player looks to be a multi-year backup for Orlando. I think there is clear value in either of these players for Orlando.

Question: do you think da Silva can develop to replace Ingles in time? Or is he more of a set-PF?

kinda sounds like it here.
A big forward with great floor spacing ability and good decision making. Can play the 3 or 4 and doesn’t need the ball in his hands a lot to be effective.

Has a really clean jumper and good accuracy from 3pt land. Big shooters like him will find a spot in the league.

Is a solid rebounder and can rip and run. Isn’t a great open court athlete or above the rim player but has decent handles, plays with his head up and can lead the break. A good connective passer who doesn’t stall the ball.

A solid team defender who can guard 3 or 4.

https://nbadraftroom.com/tristan-da-silva/
Mule Tears
Starter
And1: 216

Post#642 » by Mule Tears » Thu May 2, 2024 5:19 pm

Need a Center.

Zach Edey is fine
The Future Has Arrived: Paolo Banchero is coming to Orlando!
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#643 » by KillMonger » Thu May 2, 2024 10:14 pm

Mule Tears wrote:Need a Center.

Zach Edey is fine
Wouldn't hurt, him Kyle or ware.... Can be a center we have developing on a rookie deal..... I don't see a wrong answer

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,781

Post#644 » by Skybox » Fri May 3, 2024 12:31 am

KillMonger wrote:

Zach Edey is fine
Wouldn't hurt, him Kyle or ware.... Can be a center we have developing on a rookie deal..... I don't see a wrong answer

ware is a formidable dude, but same questions of motor & desire as Bamba. That’s frightening. If “developing” is as surefire as some suggest…just get Bamba back on a vet min. Jk…but his promise was enticing. If Mosley hadn’t already had a crack at him- I’d really consider it. But I remember Mose banging with Bamba in the post the day he was hired…and it just didn’t click :banghead:
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#645 » by KillMonger » Fri May 3, 2024 12:50 am

Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

Zach Edey is fine

ware is a formidable dude, but same questions of motor & desire as Bamba. That’s frightening. If “developing” is as surefire as some suggest…just get Bamba back on a vet min. Jk…but his promise was enticing. If Mosley hadn’t already had a crack at him- I’d really consider it. But I remember Mose banging with Bamba in the post the day he was hired…and it just didn’t click :banghead:

i guess we just going to have to see, i remember ant edwards being questioned about desire as well if he liked playing basketball....he turned out alright but these things tend to be case by case so......this is part of why the draft is a crapshoot
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,781

Post#646 » by Skybox » Fri May 3, 2024 11:42 am

KillMonger wrote:
Skybox wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Wouldn't hurt, him Kyle or ware.... Can be a center we have developing on a rookie deal..... I don't see a wrong answer

i guess we just going to have to see, i remember ant edwards being questioned about desire as well if he liked playing basketball....he turned out alright but these things tend to be case by case so......this is part of why the draft is a crapshoot

Absolutely right on Edwards…even more of a topic with Ant
Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 373

Post#647 » by Petre1978 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:28 am

KillMonger wrote:
Skybox wrote:Tankathon has some really interesting players mocked around our general area. There could very well be trade up opportunities too.

I'm leaning much more towards a big trade, but...interesting if guys like Collier, McCain, Shannon, Carter are on the table.
I'd be surprised if we take another guard

Fultz will not be here past summer so one guard spot becomes available.
Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 373

Post#648 » by Petre1978 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:35 am

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Carter or da silva

If the Magic keeps this pick, drafting an upperclassman of need makes and enormous amount sense. Either player looks to be a multi-year backup for Orlando. I think there is clear value in either of these players for Orlando.

Question: do you think da Silva can develop to replace Ingles in time? Or is he more of a set-PF?

Could see the Magic draft one of Kolek or Tyson
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#649 » by drsd » Sat May 4, 2024 9:40 am

Petre1978 wrote:Could see the Magic draft one of Kolek or Tyson

Kolek: no.

Tyson: maybe. He would be an immediate contender for 3rd stringer at the SF slot. Can he beat out Houstan for the final roster? Probably not. But competition is always a good thing in the preseason. Seems like a lot for the #18. And what would Orlando get from drafting him to be a G-leauge all-star? It's not like there is a game to develop. So, I'll vote no.

But to be fair: I think it is a mistake for Orlando to keep the pick for any player.

p.s. if WePark goes rogue and drafts a wild-card, look to Bobi Klintman.
neuraldarwinism
Sixth Man
And1: 1,065

Post#650 » by neuraldarwinism » Sun May 5, 2024 7:56 pm

havent watched really much film but the idea of da silva being added to a big wing collective who share ball movement/secondary playmaking responsibilities with AB and jett sounds very appealing in theory
BlueBalls
Starter
And1: 710

Post#651 » by BlueBalls » Mon May 6, 2024 1:57 am

Whomever we draft is going to make Osceola a lot better.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,576

Post#652 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon May 6, 2024 2:06 am

Hello my old friend....I havent paid attention to draft prospects all year (feels good). Ill start looking into more prospects now..I heard a lot about Da Silva on twitter.

Its just hard to picture anybody we draft making the rotation. AB wasnt even in rotation this year, Jett should be our rookie next season.
Trade for Trae
drsd
RealGM

Post#653 » by drsd » Mon May 6, 2024 2:40 am

Anyone high on Cash Considerations for 18? I hear he's got game!

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,959

Post#654 » by thelead » Mon May 6, 2024 2:43 am

If two lotto picks couldn't get on the court, I doubt Mosley is going to trot out the 18th pick next year. This pick is likely getting traded. It better be in a package for a real player.
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 683

Post#655 » by BCS » Mon May 6, 2024 3:04 am

thelead wrote:If two lotto picks couldn't get on the court, I doubt Mosley is going to trot out the 18th pick next year. This pick is likely getting traded. It better be in a package for a real player.
If not traded he is definitely getting the Jett treatment and play in the gleague all season.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM Forums mobile app
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#656 » by KillMonger » Mon May 6, 2024 3:12 am

thelead wrote:If two lotto picks couldn't get on the court, I doubt Mosley is going to trot out the 18th pick next year. This pick is likely getting traded. It better be in a package for a real player.
Weltman doesn't trade first rounders usually so I'd look for that trend to continue now that second rounder? That may be punted

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,556

Post#657 » by eyriq » Mon May 6, 2024 3:23 am

I like the idea of draft and stash in Osceola to keep the roleplayer pipeline healthy.
drsd
RealGM

Post#658 » by drsd » Mon May 6, 2024 4:43 am

eyriq wrote:
I like the idea of draft and stash in Osceola to keep the roleplayer pipeline healthy.

Well that's the opposite logic of drafting an upperclassman to be a 3rd stringer. I guess this is a guy like Johnny Furphy or Yves Missi.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,959

Post#659 » by thelead » Mon May 6, 2024 4:47 am

drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Well that's the opposite logic of drafting an upperclassman to be a 3rd stringer. I guess this is a guy like Johnny Furphy or Yves Missi.

I'm not sure having ~3-4 mil of dead weight in cap space is the wisest move considering you're not even guaranteed that the stashed prospect will actually develop into a quality player after a year of g-league experience.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#660 » by The Effect » Mon May 6, 2024 5:09 am

I really would love if the magic explored every possible way to trade up for Dalton Knecht
I get you don't want to trade up in a weak draft, but I don't care, he's exactly what this team needs next to Paolo,franz and suggs

His ability to shoot and score from all of the court is the biggest weakness of this team.

I'd be willing to give up our pick this year, the den pick next year and any player outside of those 3 and MAYBE black

Return to Orlando Magic