ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 594

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#661 » by MasterGMer » Mon May 6, 2024 5:11 am

The Effect wrote:I really would love if the magic explored every possible way to trade up for Dalton Knecht
I get you don't want to trade up in a weak draft, but I don't care, he's exactly what this team needs next to Paolo,franz and suggs

His ability to shoot and score from all of the court is the biggest weakness of this team.

I'd be willing to give up our pick this year, the den pick next year and any player outside of those 3 and MAYBE black

Dalton Knecht is a pure shooter. He doesn't do other things as well but he is projected Top 10. Is it worth it?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,921

Post#662 » by RookieStar » Mon May 6, 2024 8:44 am

The Effect wrote:I really would love if the magic explored every possible way to trade up for Dalton Knecht
I get you don't want to trade up in a weak draft, but I don't care, he's exactly what this team needs next to Paolo,franz and suggs

His ability to shoot and score from all of the court is the biggest weakness of this team.

I'd be willing to give up our pick this year, the den pick next year and any player outside of those 3 and MAYBE black

Last year a better "prospect" in Jett couldn't play meaningful minutes with our squad a s a rookie. What makes Knecht ( love him BTW ) be able to do so next season as a rookie?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,790

Post#663 » by Skybox » Mon May 6, 2024 12:46 pm

I like the first two paragraphs but that's WAYYY too much...maybe add Den frp should be enough (or add Cole or a few srps)
three3d
Junior
And1: 70

Post#664 » by three3d » Mon May 6, 2024 3:30 pm

Is Devin Carter a point guard or shooting guard? I just started watching videos on him and he’s being called a 3&D type of guard. He’s 6’3” and also led his team in assists per game, rounding up he averaged 20 points 9 boards and 4 assists per game on his best season from 3 3 at 37.7%

Also what about Zach Edey, any interest in a 7’4” back up center possibly? Could he even possibly be a starting worthy center?
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,568

Post#665 » by eyriq » Mon May 6, 2024 3:36 pm

I think the idea here is WCJ for Kispert and Memphis 2024 1st
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#666 » by The Effect » Mon May 6, 2024 3:53 pm

RookieStar wrote:

Last year a better "prospect" in Jett couldn't play meaningful minutes with our squad a s a rookie. What makes Knecht ( love him BTW ) be able to do so next season as a rookie?

In what way was Jett a better prospect?
Knecht does everything Jett does but better, i cant think of a single thing Jett is better at, not to mention Knecht is more athletic as well
The Effect

Post#667 » by The Effect » Mon May 6, 2024 4:05 pm

Skybox wrote:

I like the first two paragraphs but that's WAYYY too much...maybe add Den frp should be enough (or add Cole or a few srps)

Maybe, but i dont think so
Our pick at 18-21ish range (do we have a set spot yet?) in a weak draft doesnt hold much value, it would likely be a late first early, early second type value in most years.
The denver pick to me is borderline worthless outside of a trade. We will never keep the pick and are more likely to sell it than anything else as it will likely be in 27-30 range unless something crazy happens (like jokic retires)

I wouldnt really want to give up both those and Black, as i still think he has high potential to be a great defensive PG and could see him developing in the same mold as Suggs. Same can be said about Isaac but hes a FA, plus if he comes back on a friendly contract then he might be on the do-not-trade list. but even still, in the right deal id do it
But would i give up those 2 picks and Jett? yes in a heartbeat
Those 2 picks and WC? Yeah no problem, i dont think we lose anything with Mo or goga
Those 2 picks and Cole? This would hurt because im a huge Cole fan, but yeah im in
anyone else and this isnt even a question
Skybox
RealGM

Post#668 » by Skybox » Mon May 6, 2024 5:16 pm

three3d wrote:Is Devin Carter a point guard or shooting guard? I just started watching videos on him and he’s being called a 3&D type of guard. He’s 6’3” and also led his team in assists per game, rounding up he averaged 20 points 9 boards and 4 assists per game on his best season from 3 3 at 37.7%

Also what about Zach Edey, any interest in a 7’4” back up center possibly? Could he even possibly be a starting worthy center?

Devin Carter looks really good to me...I can't say i followed him (or anyone) all year, but I see another Cason Wallace...fierce, physical defense, PG skills, hits 3's. Wallace would be my hindsight re-draft (along with Lively), so I'm interested for sure - assuming we don't include the pick in a trade.

I don't like Edey as a plodding NBA player...he really looks to me like a guy who's physical makeup wont' translate to modern NBA.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,233

Post#669 » by cedric76 » Mon May 6, 2024 8:00 pm

Devin Carter is a suggs lite, I want him here
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#670 » by RookieStar » Mon May 6, 2024 10:02 pm

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Knecht does everything Jett does but better, i cant think of a single thing Jett is better at, not to mention Knecht is more athletic as well

When Jett was a rookie?

Younger, more athletic, comparable shooter.

Def more "potential" etc etc
The Effect

Post#671 » by The Effect » Mon May 6, 2024 11:55 pm

RookieStar wrote:
The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

When Jett was a rookie?

The only one of those that true is that hes younger

Knecht is a much better athlete, much better overall scorer and better shooter
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#672 » by RookieStar » Tue May 7, 2024 12:01 am

The Effect wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
The Effect wrote:In what way was Jett a better prospect?

When Jett was a rookie?

The only one of those that true is that hes younger

Knecht is a much better athlete, much better overall scorer and better shooter

We can say that NOW of course. But last NCAA season?

To be fair though, Jett was playing in a well.known program while Knecht before portaling to TENN was playing in a "lesser-known" school.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,563

Post#673 » by Bensational » Wed May 8, 2024 3:23 am

I’m liking the highlights I’ve seen of Kel’el Ware and Filipowski. Who’s got strong opinions on either good kr bad?
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,568

Post#674 » by eyriq » Wed May 8, 2024 3:34 am

Bensational wrote:I’m liking the highlights I’ve seen of Kel’el Ware and Filipowski. Who’s got strong opinions on either good kr bad?
Filipowski graded out great last season. Not as great this season. I love him in our range
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,563

Post#675 » by Bensational » Wed May 8, 2024 3:49 am

eyriq wrote:
Bensational wrote:I’m liking the highlights I’ve seen of Kel’el Ware and Filipowski. Who’s got strong opinions on either good kr bad?
Filipowski graded out great last season. Not as great this season. I love him in our range

Looks like he'd fit with the kind of guys we're building with as multi-skilled and high iq. I really like the idea of having a C who can put the ball on the floor, make a read and pass as someone who might be able to unlock some scoring opportunities for Paolo, Franz and Suggs. Filipowski looks like a more skilled Olynyk, and he's got the fight to get after it on defense.

Ware looks like he could actually be something special if he lands in the right situation and things fall into place for him. He showed the offensive versatility that he should be able to step in and replicate what Wendell is already doing, but Ware has more skill around the bucket and he's a real lob threat. Ware can throw a pretty nice pass, too. Plus, he's a good rim protector.

There's something really intriguing to me about some triangle action between Paolo, Franz and a skilled C.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#676 » by KillMonger » Wed May 8, 2024 4:19 am

The way weltman answered the draft question in his exit interview makes it sound like we may actually use the pick.... Then again it may be weltman just being generic again

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#677 » by tiderulz » Wed May 8, 2024 11:36 am

KillMonger wrote:The way weltman answered the draft question in his exit interview makes it sound like we may actually use the pick.... Then again it may be weltman just being generic again

we should. Ingles is cooked, use it on someone like Da Silva. could backup SF/PF.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#678 » by Skybox » Wed May 8, 2024 12:12 pm

I'm not high on Filipowski or Edey...they seem like the next college stars that don't translate to the NBA. We'll see.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,195

Post#679 » by zaymon » Wed May 8, 2024 1:52 pm

tiderulz wrote:
KillMonger wrote:The way weltman answered the draft question in his exit interview makes it sound like we may actually use the pick.... Then again it may be weltman just being generic again

we should. Ingles is cooked, use it on someone like Da Silva. could backup SF/PF.

Da Silva is propably gone before we pick. Pelicans, 76ers and Heat just before us.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#680 » by tiderulz » Wed May 8, 2024 4:00 pm

zaymon wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Da Silva is propably gone before we pick. Pelicans, 76ers and Heat just before us.

we'll see. he is mocked in the early 20's.

Return to Orlando Magic