ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Regular Season Game 60: Utah Jazz (27-32) at Orlando Magic (33-26) - 7pm

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 707

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 60: Utah Jazz (27-32) at Orlando Magic (33-26) - 7pm 

Post#481 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:11 pm

eyriq wrote:Taylor Hendricks looked really good.

Ya'know he really did. I remember checking in on him and opinions weren't so good a few months back. But the version I watched on replays and heard about last night seems like a guy who is very engaged and trying to make an impact on both ends.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 60: Utah Jazz (27-32) at Orlando Magic (33-26) - 7pm 

Post#482 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 1, 2024 2:16 pm

Not to rub it in pepe nose. Last night was the perfect reminder of what I was getting at where if you leave Suggs or Black open they will make you pay and that it is a feature, not a bug.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 633

Post#483 » by AaronB » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:17 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:Not to rub it in pepe nose. Last night was the perfect reminder of what I was getting at where if you leave Suggs or Black open they will make you pay and that it is a feature, not a bug.

That is one of the funniest things to do on this forum.

After all, he said that it would not be possible for Suggs to be even an average shooter in the NBA.

He spent thousands and thousands of words pontificating on how Suggs was a bust and would never be anything but a historically bad shooter.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#484 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:22 pm

AaronB wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:Not to rub it in pepe nose. Last night was the perfect reminder of what I was getting at where if you leave Suggs or Black open they will make you pay and that it is a feature, not a bug.

After all, he said that it would not be possible for Suggs to be even an average shooter in the NBA.

He spent thousands and thousands of words pontificating on how Suggs was a bust and would never be anything but a historically bad shooter.

To be clear in our conversation we were talking about Black and Suggs. He made some good points regarding how a better 3rd option / well known shooter overall would be the better move. Just like having prime Jordan would be the better move then having Franz.

Look, we share that opinion. My point was that Suggs + Black are coming along and Paolo has enough gravity that even a pedestrian 3pt shooter is going to feast on wide open looks or Paolo is just going to score at will.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#485 » by KillMonger » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:31 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Bensational wrote:Silver lining, eyriq and Rookiestar get to enjoy Keynote’s success…

You know it!

Cough cough.....cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough

Just because I do not post during the games doesn't mean I am not reading......

Let me compare Keyonte vs Jett stateline tonight.

Oh no Jett didn't play?

What's this you say? Keyonte went 19p / 9a / 2-4 3pts?

Why it's almost like he was making a statement.
Lol.... Man you know mose by now, let's not act like keyonte would even be playing here.... Can't look at his situation over there and think it'll be the same here...all of a sudden it's this season we decide that we're not just going to hand rookies minutes anymore which now looks like a clear directive from the front office because it's exactly what weltman said before the season even started....with that said I like keyonte

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,569

Post#486 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:33 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:I am all about the high treason of playing bench Fultz over bench Black. We won the game, so winning kinda makes me feel better.

Also that Taylor Hendricks kid looks a lot better then I thought. He actually has great role player vibes currently. Maybe even starter material long term.
Mosley breaks my heart with these kinds of decisions
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,110

Post#487 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:51 pm

SOUL wrote:Our fans have an obsession with rookies and less about winning

I mean this is to be expected. With all the years of losing we hoped for that one rookie to save us. It was crystal clear that the Vuc era teams had a hard ceiling. Our only hope was one of those draft picks to really hit. Now that they have it’s not so easy to break that mindset of the last 10-12 years. Rookies just don’t lead to wins very often. And when they do they are more experienced ones. Not 2 20 year olds. And especially not a PG who spent most of his life thinking he would be an NFL player not an NBA player. Jett and AB are long term bets. The team is doing the right thing imo. Giving them enough minutes to keep them hungry while also not smashing them into the rookie wall that we did for Franz Suggs and Paolo. Their time will come.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#488 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 3:57 pm

eyriq wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:I am all about the high treason of playing bench Fultz over bench Black. We won the game, so winning kinda makes me feel better.

Also that Taylor Hendricks kid looks a lot better than I thought. He actually has great role player vibes currently. Maybe even starter material long term.

It’s tough for a team trying to win. Fultz is more reliable on both ends of the floor than Black right now. He plays defense without fouling as much as Black and he makes quicker and better decisions on offense running the offense. Black shooting over Fultz is not enough to swing the pendulum especially when he is good for 2-3 just head scratching turnovers. I think Black will be good but for winning right now the coach is going to take the experience of Fultz.
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#489 » by KillMonger » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:37 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Also that Taylor Hendricks kid looks a lot better than I thought. He actually has great role player vibes currently. Maybe even starter material long term.

It’s tough for a team trying to win. Fultz is more reliable on both ends of the floor than Black right now. He plays defense without fouling as much as Black and he makes quicker and better decisions on offense running the offense. Black shooting over Fultz is not enough to swing the pendulum especially when he is good for 2-3 just head scratching turnovers. I think Black will be good but for winning right now the coach is going to take the experience of Fultz.
That's saying a lot because Fultz himself hasn't really been playing well... So much so that he can't be on the floor in crunch time

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#490 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:48 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:
eyriq wrote:

I trust Mosley. BUT I suspect it's less about impact on winning and more about politics. I think it is politically easier to play the vets over the rooks.

Fultz does not have an overwhelming advantage on AB in terms of impact on winning. Especially not enough of one to counter the benefits of developing AB. Politics can help explain the Fultz preference.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#491 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:51 pm

KillMonger wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
eyriq wrote:Mosley breaks my heart with these kinds of decisions

That's saying a lot because Fultz himself hasn't really been playing well... So much so that he can't be on the floor in crunch time

Yea and my post is definitely not an endorsement of Fultz on the Magic. I think he should probably be just let go at the end of the season or brought back on a 1 year deal with whatever money we have left over after FA as a salary filler end of bench culture guy.

Idk I think another team who doesn’t have shooting woes will take a run at him in summer. His defensive advanced stats are sneaky good and he can run an offense well. A one year deal with OKC, NO, or god forbid the Heat makes a lot of sense for him.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach

Post#492 » by bigdogdylan5 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:55 pm

eyriq wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:
eyriq wrote:Mosley breaks my heart with these kinds of decisions

I trust Mosley. BUT I suspect it's less about impact on winning and more about politics. I think it is politically easier to play the vets over the rooks.

Fultz does not have an overwhelming advantage on AB in terms of impact on winning. Especially not enough of one to counter the benefits of developing AB. Politics can help explain the Fultz preference.

Might be. Fultz is not making a stink about his playing time and seems to be being a good soldier. Mosley has done a good job of earning trust with all the players. I just think it’s more about experience and trust. With politics and that could be intertwined a bit. So we might be saying similar things.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,249

Post#493 » by MagicMatic » Fri Mar 1, 2024 4:55 pm

AaronB wrote:

I can go back maybe a few months and find an argument we had about prospect potential and why it was idiotic to label Suggs a non shooter. Even so far as comparing him to Fultz in terms of not understanding player potential growth.

Looks like I was right. Oh well.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#494 » by AaronB » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:42 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
AaronB wrote:

I can go back maybe a few months and find an argument we had about prospect potential and why it was idiotic to label Suggs a non shooter. Even so far as comparing him to Fultz in terms of not understanding player potential growth.

Looks like I was right. Oh well.

That Fultz has a CNS disorder is obvious to the most casual observer. Some call it the "Yips" but that is an uneducated assessment IMO.

The "yips" are when someone has the complete ability to perform a physical activity (made famous by Sax's inability to throw to first) but has a form of mental block in performing the activity.

All one has to do is watch Fultz's interviews to see that there is clearly a CNS issue. The number of unintended body jerks during interviews is uncomfortable to watch. It modulates up and down from time to time, but it is always there to some degree, even when shooting.

The most heartbreaking part is when we get to see those few glimpses of low CNS over-activity, we see glimpses of what Fultz could have become.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,578

Post#495 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:48 pm

I said it last game, but again Fultz has looked a lot better. His touch isnt there yet, but hes looking so much more dynamic. He doesnt have a major hitch that looks like playing 2k on bad internet connection. Hopefully he will regain his touch.
Trade for Jarret Allen
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,578

Post#496 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Mar 1, 2024 5:53 pm

I haven't read the thread so I dont know if its been mentioned....

But why the hell is Isaac on the bench if hes sick??? They want it to spread through whole team??? Didnt that happen earlier this year??
Trade for Jarret Allen
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#497 » by AaronB » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:15 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:I said it last game, but again Fultz has looked a lot better. His touch isnt there yet, but hes looking so much more dynamic. He doesnt have a major hitch that looks like playing 2k on bad internet connection. Hopefully he will regain his touch.

I suspect that what we have seen in the past we will again see in the future. Namely, some sort of disorder that comes and goes based on its own timetable.

Fultz is an extremely hard worker who will optimize what ever he is capable of doing.
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#498 » by TheChaser » Fri Mar 1, 2024 6:49 pm

I love being a part of this little family we have ourselves here. I completely missed the entire game but I can come in here and read a couple of pages and almost feel like I had been at the game.
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#499 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:02 pm

TheChaser wrote:I love being a part of this little family we have ourselves here. I completely missed the entire game but I can come in here and read a couple of pages and almost feel like I had been at the game.
This is the best community around
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#500 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 1, 2024 7:20 pm

eyriq wrote:
TheChaser wrote:I love being a part of this little family we have ourselves here. I completely missed the entire game but I can come in here and read a couple of pages and almost feel like I had been at the game.
This is the best community around

Make no mistake, even when I didn't post I always checked in for the lols and hot takes.

Return to Orlando Magic