ImageImageImageImage

Magic is now the 4th seed in the East. Countdown to 50 wins.

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,576

Re: Magic is now the 4th seed in the East. Countdown to 50 wins. 

Post#61 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:21 am

Knicks are really banged up but we're also playing 3rd game in 4 nights in 3 different cities. No excuses though, especially if Brunson doesn't play. Absolutely must win!! Biggest game of year
Trade for Jarret Allen
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,270

Post#62 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:27 am

eyriq wrote:
Driguez wrote:Pacers and Heat lost tonight
That's amazing. If we pull it out tomorrow... which I kind of feel like we will...

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, tonight’s results were huge for the Magic.
aka: prorl
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,562

Post#63 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:32 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Knicks are really banged up but we're also playing 3rd game in 4 nights in 3 different cities. No excuses though, especially if Brunson doesn't play. Absolutely must win!! Biggest game of year
Such a fun time
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,961

Post#64 » by thelead » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:40 am

We just need to stay ahead of Philly and Indy to avoid the play-ins. Philly has a BRUTAL schedule the rest of the way and we have a 3 game loss column advantage against Indy (and the tiebreaker). Our next two games are huge for us (NYK and Indy).

NYK have a fairly tough schedule as well so if we can stay healthy and play decently well, we may end up either 4th or 5th and will have to play Miami in the 1st round.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,921

Post#65 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:45 am

thelead wrote:We just need to stay ahead of Philly and Indy to avoid the play-ins. Philly has a BRUTAL schedule the rest of the way and we have a 3 game loss column advantage against Indy (and the tiebreaker). Our next two games are huge for us (NYK and Indy).

NYK have a fairly tough schedule as well so if we can stay healthy and play decently well, we may end up either 4th or 5th and will have to play Miami in the 1st round.

Sometimes i think if its not better to be 6th and face the Cavs instead....
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#66 » by tooler » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:47 am

Did anyone mention or notice we have the longest win streak in the league now? 5 games, next highest streak is 2 (at the moment).
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#67 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:48 am

eyriq wrote:
Driguez wrote:Pacers and Heat lost tonight
That's amazing. If we pull it out tomorrow... which I kind of feel like we will...

I dont... Magic Killer Burks and Tired bodies...

If that WAS game was anything to go by I think they all need a vacation or aomething. In corporate this is employee productivity going down the drain lol
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,077

Post#68 » by SOUL » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:50 am

The next two might be the most important games moving forward, at least until the last week or so. Gives you some wiggle room for some clunkers too.
thelead
RealGM

Post#69 » by thelead » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:50 am

RookieStar wrote:
thelead wrote:We just need to stay ahead of Philly and Indy to avoid the play-ins. Philly has a BRUTAL schedule the rest of the way and we have a 3 game loss column advantage against Indy (and the tiebreaker). Our next two games are huge for us (NYK and Indy).

Not sure there would be a better way of impressing Mitchell than beating the Cavs with our young core.
thelead
RealGM

Post#70 » by thelead » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:54 am

SOUL wrote:The next two might be the most important games moving forward, at least until the last week or so. Gives you some wiggle room for some clunkers too.

Win or lose, I want to see us look ready to take both games from the get-go. It's going to tell us how serious the players truly are about this playoff push considering these are the teams we're battling with for position. I know Mosley wants it bad.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:54 am

Holy crap, the ESPN BPI model now projects us for 48.5 wins. WILD
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#72 » by SOUL » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:55 am

thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:The next two might be the most important games moving forward, at least until the last week or so. Gives you some wiggle room for some clunkers too.

Win or lose, I want to see us look ready to take both games from the get-go. It's going to tell us how serious the players truly are about this playoff push considering these are the teams with battling with for position. I know Mosley wants it bad.

I also hope people don't freak out when the games are tight lol. Teams have pride and we're all fighting for those spots. Even the bad teams are hard to just blow out from the beginning. An offensively starved team like us has to have a lot going right to consistently jump out on teams early.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#73 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:55 am

thelead wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Not sure there would be a better way of impressing Mitchell than beating the Cavs with our young core.

Or bad blood might come out and he resigns with the cavs just so he can try to beat us for the enxt 5 years...
thelead
RealGM

Post#74 » by thelead » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:58 am

RookieStar wrote:
thelead wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Or bad blood might come out and he resigns with the cavs just so he can try to beat us for the enxt 5 years...

Nah. If he loses to us and there is bad blood, he would want out and request a trade to NY/LA.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#75 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:01 am

SOUL wrote:
thelead wrote:

Win or lose, I want to see us look ready to take both games from the get-go. It's going to tell us how serious the players truly are about this playoff push considering these are the teams with battling with for position. I know Mosley wants it bad.

I also hope people don't freak out when the games are tight lol. Teams have pride and we're all fighting for those spots. Even the bad teams are hard to just blow out from the beginning. An offensively starved team like us has to have a lot going right to consistently jump out on teams early.

Exactly... we are on top of them right now, you can bet your mortgage they will bring their A+++ game to take us down.

Especially IND who just had a heartbreaker
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:07 am

More ESPN BPI perspective

Top 6 probability
Magic 89.1%
Knicks 83.1%
Heat 71.3%
Sixers 35.1%
Pacers 22.2%

Conference Semis probability
Knicks 42.8%
Heat 38.4%
Sixers 36.0%
Magic 32.2%
Pacers 20.5%
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#77 » by tooler » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:11 am

thelead wrote:

Win or lose, I want to see us look ready to take both games from the get-go. It's going to tell us how serious the players truly are about this playoff push considering these are the teams we're battling with for position. I know Mosley wants it bad.

I think the team has proven over and over that they're very serious about it. They can still get tired or have a bad game.

Win or lose they still have a lot of winnable games coming up.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#78 » by SOUL » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:13 am

eyriq wrote:More ESPN BPI perspective

Top 6 probability
Magic 89.1%
Knicks 83.1%
Heat 71.3%
Sixers 35.1%
Pacers 22.2%

Knicks 42.8%
Heat 38.4%
Sixers 36.0%
Magic 32.2%
Pacers 20.5%

It's nice but numbers schmumbers lol

I remember our In Season Tournament thing was like 92% chance of going or something and everything we needed to happen didn't :lol:
thelead
RealGM

Post#79 » by thelead » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:19 am

tooler wrote:
thelead wrote:

I think the team has proven over and over that they're very serious about it. They can still get tired or have a bad game.

Win or lose they still have a lot of winnable games coming up.

I agree but there are levels to seriousness/professionalism and it is somewhat expected for a young team's focus to wane; especially when tired. We saw that last night in the first half. Luckily, they woke up and approached the second half completely differently.

I just want to see them focused. Can't control shots falling but doing stupid stuff like going under screens against shooters is not serious. I think we will be ready tomorrow for what it's worth.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#80 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 8, 2024 4:20 am

SOUL wrote:
eyriq wrote:More ESPN BPI perspective

Top 6 probability
Magic 89.1%
Knicks 83.1%
Heat 71.3%
Sixers 35.1%
Pacers 22.2%

Knicks 42.8%
Heat 38.4%
Sixers 36.0%
Magic 32.2%
Pacers 20.5%

It's nice but numbers schmumbers lol

I remember our In Season Tournament thing was like 92% chance of going or something and everything we needed to happen didn't

That's sort of the point of probabilities lol

Numbers schmumbers, and you are anti-Black. It all makes sense now!

Return to Orlando Magic