ImageImageImageImage

The odd man out, can Paolo and Franz coexist?

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Re: The odd man out, can Paolo and Franz coexist? 

Post#41 » by KillMonger » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:17 am

byeganyo wrote:3rd season is not inexperienced, in my book if by 4th season you are not a star, probably you will never be, there are exception to this rule of course, but it's not a very long list, so im hoping Franz works hard in the summer, it's clear he knows that he should play better.
I wouldn't say never..... SGA gained his stardom somewhat recently..... Not many people remember his clipper year.... Nothing but flashes but he put it together in okc... Just took a bit of time

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,012

Post#42 » by davey_wavy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:03 pm

The only thing that can break these 2 apart are

1. Ego's (I dont sense that)

2. Salary (I dont see that either)

3. One of them asks out (I dont see it)

I think these guys are together for the long run, along with Jalen who actually LOVES Orlando
davey_wavy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,012

Post#43 » by davey_wavy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:06 pm

KillMonger wrote:
byeganyo wrote:3rd season is not inexperienced, in my book if by 4th season you are not a star, probably you will never be, there are exception to this rule of course, but it's not a very long list, so im hoping Franz works hard in the summer, it's clear he knows that he should play better.
I wouldn't say never..... SGA gained his stardom somewhat recently..... Not many people remember his clipper year.... Nothing but flashes but he put it together in okc... Just took a bit of time

I dont think Franz needs to be a star. Hes a perfect #2 in my opinion. You have your star in P5, a fringe all star #2 in Franz, a DPOY canidate in Suggs, and eventually a long, young, athletic, good ball handler in Black. All we need a center who can finish bunnies and erase guys at the rim. The bench is fine. We are on the way
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,562

Post#44 » by eyriq » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:10 pm

davey_wavy wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

I dont think Franz needs to be a star. Hes a perfect #2 in my opinion. You have your star in P5, a fringe all star #2 in Franz, a DPOY canidate in Suggs, and eventually a long, young, athletic, good ball handler in Black. All we need a center who can finish bunnies and erase guys at the rim. The bench is fine. We are on the way
This is the vision

A+++
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#45 » by Magicman125 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:06 pm

Get Anfernee Simons, Grayson Allen, or Malik Monk (my order of preference for the 3 from most to least preferred, though any of them would be great gets for us) on this squad and watch things open up significantly for Franz and Paolo. Also, have the person who worked with Suggs on his jumpshot over the offseason work with Paolo and Franz this offseason, no international play for them please.
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#46 » by CocoaFan » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:40 pm

Magicman125 wrote:Get Anfernee Simons, Grayson Allen, or Malik Monk (my order of preference for the 3 from most to least preferred, though any of them would be great gets for us) on this squad and watch things open up significantly for Franz and Paolo. Also, have the person who worked with Suggs on his jumpshot over the offseason work with Paolo and Franz this offseason, no international play for them please.
I've been watching as many Phoenix games that are televised lately watching Grayson Allen. He really seems to be a non-aggressive player on offense that looks to hit open shots and occasionally takes the ball to the basket and makes the right passes. Seems to do everything well but his non-aggressiveness reminds me a lot of Gary Harris. Not sure he would really be a needle mover for the Magic. I'd switch Monk and Allen in your order. Just me
byeganyo
Junior
And1: 130

Post#47 » by byeganyo » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:28 pm

KillMonger wrote:

SGA was 24/5/6 player in his 3rd year. The moment OKC became good, he started getting personal accolades.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,921

Post#48 » by RookieStar » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:38 pm

Isn't the Olympics this year?

If so.. Paolo and the rest can work on their games.

Poor Franz though...

Return to Orlando Magic