ImageImageImageImage

How can Magic take the next step and be in contention?

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,909

Re: Can Magic keep this team together? How can Magic be in contention? 

Post#101 » by basketballRob » Wed May 1, 2024 5:54 pm

Paolo could make the Olympic team.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 593

Re: How can Magic take the next step and be in contention? 

Post#102 » by MasterGMer » Mon May 6, 2024 5:09 am

The most interesting summer begins today after Magic lost in Cleveland.

With all the reports of what Magic is going to do. I really find Paul George a long shot. First of all, Orlando is a small market not like LA. And then if he truly wants to set up this upcoming free agency to win a ring, Philly is the best choice for him.

I am going to throw a wild card here. What about James Harden? He fits it on the court perfectly with this young team. Plus he is a PG.

I know I know Malik Monk is out there. But I think Malik Monk fits age wise and utility wise. But James Harden is not going to be as expensive at least I hope and he is entering his last contract of his playing career. Plus Orlando can offer him one thing: Chance to win it all.

We are going to say goodbyes to some of our players, maybe Fultz, Joe Ingles and Gary Harris. I really do think this upcoming decision by the front office is going to ultimately make this rebuild or kill this rebuild. So we should be very careful here.

Let the summer begin!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,916

Post#103 » by RookieStar » Mon May 6, 2024 8:52 am

Which comes first? The FA or the draft?
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 857

Post#104 » by axl_c_cool » Mon May 6, 2024 8:57 am

MasterGMer wrote:The most interesting summer begins today after Magic lost in Cleveland.

With all the reports of what Magic is going to do. I really find Paul George a long shot. First of all, Orlando is a small market not like LA. And then if he truly wants to set up this upcoming free agency to win a ring, Philly is the best choice for him.

I am going to throw a wild card here. What about James Harden? He fits it on the court perfectly with this young team. Plus he is a PG.

I know I know Malik Monk is out there. But I think Malik Monk fits age wise and utility wise. But James Harden is not going to be as expensive at least I hope and he is entering his last contract of his playing career. Plus Orlando can offer him one thing: Chance to win it all.

We are going to say goodbyes to some of our players, maybe Fultz, Joe Ingles and Gary Harris. I really do think this upcoming decision by the front office is going to ultimately make this rebuild or kill this rebuild. So we should be very careful here.

Let the summer begin!

Massively important summer, on each of your points

- No to Harden because it would take away our whole defence, which is our difference maker

- Monk is an awkward fit, but can fit with Paulo and Franz at point forward

- If Fultz can’t prove to be healthy he’ll go, and if Harris won’t take a big pay cut he will as well. I’d ideally like to keep both on the minimum or close

My ideal situation would be to sign Murray, would Isaac, 2024 FRP, Denver FRP, and 2026 FRP be enough? If not for who WCJ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 422

Post#105 » by The-Stallion70 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:25 pm

Get Booker
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
BlueBalls
Starter
And1: 710

Post#106 » by BlueBalls » Mon May 6, 2024 10:40 pm

James Harden is a great idea if you want to pay a lot of money to torpedo the entire franchise.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,900

Post#107 » by Message Boar » Mon May 6, 2024 11:26 pm

RookieStar wrote:Which comes first? The FA or the draft?

Uh, the draft, I think. That's June 26th, then legal tampering starts June 30th.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,916

Post#108 » by RookieStar » Mon May 6, 2024 11:50 pm

Message Boar wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Which comes first? The FA or the draft?

Uh, the draft, I think. That's June 26th, then legal tampering starts June 30th.

Hmmm so all of us posters indulge fitst in our favorite past time of watching prospects shoot 3s in an empty gym and guessong their heights before we stalk those FA guards we want.

Return to Orlando Magic