ImageImageImageImage

Official 2023-2024 Magic General Season Thread II

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,443

Re: Official 2023-2024 Magic General Season Thread II 

Post#361 » by GelbeWand09 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:00 am

Never understood the Mario pre draft Hype. Overrated athlete with bad ballhandling skills for a SG/SF. Same goes for McLemore few years before.
When you can't handle the ball at this position you better shoot like Klay or your upside is bench player/role player.
LongHairedBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 27

Post#362 » by LongHairedBob » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 pm

Man, it's unreal how no one is talking about the cavs magic series. No one likes defense anymore I guess. I understand less coverage because of small markets but it's been basically no coverage from media outlets.
If it's sent by ship then it's a cargo, if it's sent by road then it's a shipment.
-- Dave Allen
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,443

Post#363 » by GelbeWand09 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:04 pm

LongHairedBob wrote:Man, it's unreal how no one is talking about the cavs magic series. No one likes defense anymore I guess. I understand less coverage because of small markets but it's been basically no coverage from media outlets.

- we were the most unrelevant, bad and boring team for over a decade
- Nobody cares for Cleveland without LeBron
- Nobody cares for the City of Orlando
- Nobody respects the Cavs because of the Knicks series & the 2nd half of the regular season
- Most people dont like/care for Paolo because he is neither a athletic marvel, unicorn & is not efficient (i mean even Giddey had more buzz til this season)
- Our best player is a skinny white german who the national media can't even distinguish from his journey man brother.
- If you ask mainstream Media guys they probably still think Houston got a better core because Sengun & Green are more flashy players
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,765

Post#364 » by Skybox » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:57 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:
LongHairedBob wrote:Man, it's unreal how no one is talking about the cavs magic series. No one likes defense anymore I guess. I understand less coverage because of small markets but it's been basically no coverage from media outlets.

- Nobody respects the Cavs because of the Knicks series & the 2nd half of the regular season
- Most people dont like/care for Paolo because he is neither a athletic marvel, unicorn & is not efficient (i mean even Giddey had more buzz til this season)
- Our best player is a skinny white german who the national media can't even distinguish from his journey man brother.
- If you ask mainstream Media guys they probably still think Houston got a better core because Sengun & Green are more flashy players

Chad Lowe is the only guy that seems to respect what's going on here. That turd Windhorst was so dismissive of Game 3...How is that not a worthy story?
-first of all, CLE effectively tanks the last game of the season to get ORL...bulletin board stuff is usually good copy
-absolutely throttles ORL in the first two games - although there are signs that they can't score either
-then ORL goes from impotent to absolutely punking CLE out of the building and, literally, turning the entire 4th into "garbage time"
-then they do it again, almost verbatim, but with a different 21 year old dishing out the punishment.

Does anyone really want to hear about LAL losing every game for the last 2 years to DEN again? When LAL wins one - that's a story.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 707

Post#365 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:01 pm

Skybox wrote:
GelbeWand09 wrote:

Chad Lowe is the only guy that seems to respect what's going on here. That turd Windhorst was so dismissive of Game 3...How is that not a worthy story?
-first of all, CLE effectively tanks the last game of the season to get ORL...bulletin board stuff is usually good copy
-absolutely throttles ORL in the first two games - although there are signs that they can't score either
-then ORL goes from impotent to absolutely punking CLE out of the building and, literally, turning the entire 4th into "garbage time"
-then they do it again, almost verbatim, but with a different 21 year old dishing out the punishment.

Does anyone really want to hear about LAL losing every game for the last 2 years to DEN again? When LAL wins one - that's a story.

I'll take all the quiet I can get. It seems to fuel our kids.

As for me, it allows m y blood pressure to stay in the correct range.

Here is hoping for a win tonight. I would like to see our kids home court footing translate to the road. If we win, I really think a reverse sweep is possible.

The real fun challenge is how many games can this montly crew of freshly minted twenty something take from the Cavs.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,173

Post#366 » by magik9113 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:16 pm

Is it 8:00 yet?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#367 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:22 pm

magik9113 wrote:Is it 8:00 yet?

Time for everyone to do their winning ritual/vodoo/whatever before tip-off
D J C
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#368 » by D J C » Wed May 1, 2024 1:55 pm

Shame on John Hammond & Jeff Weltman

The last couple of years the fan base has been calling/begging for volume shooting in the backcourt

Hammond & Weltman continue to ignore our biggest weakness and it's wasting our core's first playoff series

Through 3 road losses, our entire backcourt (starting+bench) has made FIVE total 3pters, shooting 14% from deep on 35 attempts.. and that number is carried by 4 threes made by Gary Harris in G2

If no moves our made this offseason there has to be some accountability for the FO

Its a miracle this team has done as well as it has this season, but it makes sense why we lose that bit of home edge when on the road and why our road record is so bad
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#369 » by RookieStar » Wed May 1, 2024 9:06 pm

D J C wrote:Shame on John Hammond & Jeff Weltman

The last couple of years the fan base has been calling/begging for volume shooting in the backcourt

Hammond & Weltman continue to ignore our biggest weakness and it's wasting our core's first playoff series

Through 3 road losses, our entire backcourt (starting+bench) has made FIVE total 3pters, shooting 14% from deep on 35 attempts.. and that number is carried by 4 threes made by Gary Harris in G2

If no moves our made this offseason there has to be some accountability for the FO

Its a miracle this team has done as well as it has this season, but it makes sense why we lose that bit of home edge when on the road and why our road record is so bad

In fairness to our FO though, before this season started I kinda thought they had addressed the shooting issues. I mean, a 1yr developed Caleb Houstan who was known to be a lights out shooter in college, drafting a sniper/gunner in Jett, signing in FA Jigles who was a knwon Magic Killer in 3pt land, retaining Gary who had a rep for making his 3s in DEN....

But the Magic curse lowered their shooting percentages..
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#370 » by drsd » Thu May 2, 2024 8:49 am

Some NBA trivia I didn't know: Mo Wagner made his NBA debut with the Lakers AGAINST our Orlando Magic.
(( zero points in 2:06 court time ))
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,123

Post#371 » by KillMonger » Thu May 2, 2024 4:46 pm

Thoughts on Cole Anthony at this point in his career? No sugar coating!!!!

Mine? After 4 seasons i'm not seeing the growth that i thought i would, just one word i think of when i think of cole and it's "streaky" he's been that in college and is still that now.....
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,543

Post#372 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 4:51 pm

KillMonger wrote:Thoughts on Cole Anthony at this point in his career? No sugar coating!!!!

Mine? After 4 seasons i'm not seeing the growth that i thought i would, just one word i think of when i think of cole and it's "streaky" he's been that in college and is still that now.....
He's a negative on defense, and an undersized microwave scorer that lacks a three point shot. I don't think he's locked up the 6th man role and is trending in the wrong direction. I don't think he's playable in this series.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,181

Post#373 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:27 pm

RookieStar wrote:

In fairness to our FO though, before this season started I kinda thought they had addressed the shooting issues. I mean, a 1yr developed Caleb Houstan who was known to be a lights out shooter in college, drafting a sniper/gunner in Jett, signing in FA Jigles who was a knwon Magic Killer in 3pt land, retaining Gary who had a rep for making his 3s in DEN....

Caleb - 2nd round pick that made 46 threes his rookie season
Jett - not ready for NBA ball, was seen as a reach at the time
Ingles - ancient
Gary - always injured, low volume

That’s… pretty underwhelming if that’s actually an attempt at addressing the shooting issue. It seems clear now FO didn’t actually address the issue because they didn’t think this team would be as good as they are this early.

I agree with D J C - major props to Mosley, Paolo, Franz, Suggs, Isaac, and Mo this season because this roster construction makes everything difficult on offense
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#374 » by RookieStar » Thu May 2, 2024 8:22 pm

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Caleb - 2nd round pick that made 46 threes his rookie season
Jett - not ready for NBA ball, was seen as a reach at the time
Ingles - ancient
Gary - always injured, low volume

That’s… pretty underwhelming if that’s actually an attempt at addressing the shooting issue. It seems clear now FO didn’t actually address the issue because they didn’t think this team would be as good as they are this early.

I agree with D J C - major props to Mosley, Paolo, Franz, Suggs, Isaac, and Mo this season because this roster construction makes everything difficult on offense

Yup it is... their moves didnt pan out as we all thought. I mean, looking back before, signing Grant Hill, Juwan Howard etc etc didnt pan out as well...
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#375 » by eyriq » Fri May 3, 2024 4:02 pm

"In multiple practices this season, the magic have cut live drills short because they got too physical. The trash talk between them has been relentless. They go through five on five sessions as if they were in a real game."

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for these practice sessions.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#376 » by RookieStar » Fri May 3, 2024 8:52 pm

eyriq wrote:"In multiple practices this season, the magic have cut live drills short because they got too physical. The trash talk between them has been relentless. They go through five on five sessions as if they were in a real game."

What a miracle there hasnt been hard feelings and injuries against each other.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#377 » by eyriq » Fri May 3, 2024 8:59 pm

RookieStar wrote:
eyriq wrote:"In multiple practices this season, the magic have cut live drills short because they got too physical. The trash talk between them has been relentless. They go through five on five sessions as if they were in a real game."

I low-key think the bench could beat our starters at least 40 out of 100 tries
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#378 » by RookieStar » Fri May 3, 2024 9:05 pm

eyriq wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I low-key think the bench could beat our starters at least 40 out of 100 tries

ESP if our bench makes their 3s lol
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,848

Post#379 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:07 pm

KillMonger wrote:Thoughts on Cole Anthony at this point in his career? No sugar coating!!!!

Streaky…
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Fortune Teller
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#380 » by Fortune Teller » Fri May 3, 2024 10:03 pm

Cole has easily been the biggest disappointment in this series. Fultz and Harris never produce, so it’s just been more of the sane with them, but Cole has vanished for some reason.

Return to Orlando Magic