ImageImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,568

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion) 

Post#1201 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:53 am

New Orleans choked that game. Id be sick if I was a Pelicans fan.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,328

Post#1202 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:30 am

Last night observations:
Heat - Celtics game started off from 2-17 lead. Heat menaged to get back, but were already down by 15 at a half.

Dallas- Clippers game. When i saw Leonard is out i thought Dallas can steal a game. Nop. Lobsided beatdown. Livley and Gafford looked like kids compared to Zubac, who looked like prime Shaq.
Something changed with Harden, guy is out of nowhere good on defense this year. If i'm Lue i would always play Theis over Plumlee, but i assume it's not that important.

Pacers- Bucks. Yet another game ended at halftime. I still think Pacers can win this without Giannis.

OKC- Pelicans.
Pelicans had several chances to steal a game. Giddey and Dort were kind a terrible, Pelicans menaged to get 18 offensive rebounds. Still, OKC ,due existence of SGA ( and very, very, very good defense of Chet ) won.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 895

Post#1203 » by Bakomagic » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:52 am

Embiid gutting it out, sucks he is always hurt. Would be cool to see atleast on Embiid vs Jokic finals series healthy and in their prime.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,914

Post#1204 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:09 am

Knicks team is fun to watch. Big time steal by Hart and a cold blooded 3 by Donte!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,830

Post#1205 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 am

ChosenSavior wrote:Knicks team is fun to watch. Big time steal by Hart and a cold blooded 3 by Donte!

Brunson has missed 37 shots in two games and their role players are stepping up.. wild :o
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,567

Post#1206 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 am

SOUL wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:Knicks team is fun to watch. Big time steal by Hart and a cold blooded 3 by Donte!

Brunson has missed 37 shots in two games and their role players are stepping up.. wild :o

The Knicks have 35 offensive rebounds in two games :o
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,432

Post#1207 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 am

King James
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1208 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 am

Inject Jamaaaaal in my vains.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1209 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 am

pepe1991 wrote:Inject Jamaaaaal in my vains.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,567

Post#1210 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:40 am

Absolutely vicious stomach punch losses by Philadelphia and Los Angeles tonight.
OnlyFranz22
Junior
And1: 107

Post#1211 » by OnlyFranz22 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 am

Knightro wrote:Absolutely vicious stomach punch losses by Philadelphia and Los Angeles tonight.

Would’ve loved to have a chance to at least come close to winning one on the road.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1212 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 am

76ers found very creative way to lose game. I'm actually impressed. I have no clue, did they had any timeouts left once Maxey hitted the floor?

But up by 5 with 30 sec left, lost by 3. Very impressive.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,087

Post#1213 » by KillMonger » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:53 am

watching this laker/nuggets game...this is the level of shot making required to compete against these teams man....we got nothing close to this right now.....we need to get to work this offseason
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1214 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:15 am

KillMonger wrote:watching this laker/nuggets game...this is the level of shot making required to compete against these teams man....we got nothing close to this right now.....we need to get to work this offseason

Also, Lebron (especially in 4th), Davis (first half), Jokic (whole game), Murry (in 4th) are soo much better than anybody else on the court that it's not even funny.

It's just that next gear top 5-10 players have. Especially 5 players.

You look our game last night, and just remind yourself that on that level of defense, Giannis won championship by scoring 50 in finals or that one Jokic casually puts 27-20-10 while shooting whooping 61% FG :crazy:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1215 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 am

pepe1991 wrote:You look our game last night, and just remind yourself that on that level of defense, Giannis won championship by scoring 50 in finals
or that one Jokic casually puts 27-20-10 while shooting whooping 61% FG :crazy:

Meanwhile Magic fans are too busy comparing Goga or AB or WCJ or Jett Howard minutes when our best 3-4 players are turning the ball over 12 times and can't score 20 + points on good efficiency... they are young but the priorities are not where they should be with fan concern.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#1216 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:55 am

SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:You look our game last night, and just remind yourself that on that level of defense, Giannis won championship by scoring 50 in finals

Meanwhile Magic fans are too busy comparing Goga or AB or WCJ or Jett Howard minutes when our best 3-4 players are turning the ball over 12 times and can't score 20 + points on good efficiency... they are young but the priorities are not where they should be with fan concern.

I assume because fans are emotionally attached to Suggs , Banchero, Franz due draft stock and them being among best players, so they won't be objective about them, and in same time prefer young players so they overvalue Goga, Black, Jett because of novelity of them.

I don't know. It's hard rationalize emotions :lol:

Objectivlly, Harris and Mortiz Wagner were two out of top 3 best players in game 2. How many people gave them props ? Nobody.
If it wasn't for Mortiz, this game would have been +20 points beatdown.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1217 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 am

pepe1991 wrote:Objectivlly, Harris and Mortiz Wagner were two out of top 3 best players in game 2. How many people gave them props ? Nobody.

Haha yeah, and the 2nd thing is.. we want to have a tight 9 man rotation but fans are kicking everybody out of rotation for struggling and can't trust a guy an entire series... most playoff teams have at least 7-8 guys they know are good and the next 3 or so guys can maybe come in for rotation minute if one is struggling.. currently we have like 3-4 guys playing "passable" and it switches every game, and some arent even our best players...
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,020

Post#1218 » by p0peye » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 am

Yeah, well it is hard for fans to come out of that losers mindset as well, many of us are still tankers rooting for ‘their guy’ from draft time.
byeganyo
Junior
And1: 121

Post#1219 » by byeganyo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:34 am

pepe1991 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

I assume because fans are emotionally attached to Suggs , Banchero, Franz due draft stock and them being among best players, so they won't be objective about them, and in same time prefer young players so they overvalue Goga, Black, Jett because of novelity of them.

Objectivlly, Harris and Mortiz Wagner were two out of top 3 best players in game 2. How many people gave them props ? Nobody.

Harris was one guy who did his job the last game, still the thread is full of people asking why he plays and cursing him for and of his 5 missed shots?!
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,020

Post#1220 » by p0peye » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:31 pm

byeganyo wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Harris was one guy who did his job the last game, still the thread is full of people asking why he plays and cursing him for and of his 5 missed shots?!

Harris is injury-prone and isn't assertive offensively, limited to strictly catch-and-shoots and cuts (74% of his 2s are assisted as are 97% of his 3s), perfectly happy to be 5th option and score in single digits. That being said, he is huge contributor to our success on defensive side of the floor. He consistently plays very stout defense (his DARKO rating is very consistent and for majority of the season above Suggs'), without committing many fouls (2.5 fouls per 36), doesn't risk going for needless steals and lacks flair that attracts casual fan attention.

Difference between him and say KCP is that Harris is a a bit below in defense, lacks championship experience and can miss a number of games at any point due to some silly injury. Put him in a lineup that features couple volume scorers like Luka and Embiid and you get a pretty, pretty good 3&D role player in games when Harris plays.

Theoretically, if we have say Luka and Suggs as starters, (good) Cole and Harris would be good backups. Trouble is when bad Cole shows his ugly head or when Harris is out or has a bad shooting night.

But again, as Black hopefully develops his shooting he will fulfil Harris role going forward.

Return to Orlando Magic