ImageImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,517

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion) 

Post#1261 » by Bensational » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 am

Knightro wrote:
basketballRob wrote:It's amazing that Indiana got Siakam for 2, probably mid-1st round picks and fillers.

What's really amazing is the fact that Indiana is going to give him 4/190 to lock in a team that can't get past the 2nd round.

What do you think they’ll need to break through that ceiling? Who’s the core they keep, and who should they move for upgrades?

I think they could use a Herb Jones/Caruso type to boost their defense. Is Turner good enough to anchor their defense? Or they go full tilt scoring and go for Simons or someone like that?
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,574

Post#1262 » by Knightro » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 am

Bensational wrote:
Knightro wrote:
basketballRob wrote:It's amazing that Indiana got Siakam for 2, probably mid-1st round picks and fillers.

What's really amazing is the fact that Indiana is going to give him 4/190 to lock in a team that can't get past the 2nd round.

What do you think they’ll need to break through that ceiling? Who’s the core they keep, and who should they move for upgrades?

I think they could use a Herb Jones/Caruso type to boost their defense. Is Turner good enough to anchor their defense? Or they go full tilt scoring and go for Simons or someone like that?

I'm not sure they have *that* many options?

They're gonna give Siakam 45-50M AAV. Haliburton's salary is going to jump from 5.8M to 35.5M next year (even more if he makes all-NBA).

So their cap space is basically gone. Especially with Turner just a year from free agency and extension eligible. Retaining him and the definitely have no cap space short or long-term.

And because they also gave up multiple 1sts for Siakam, they can't trade any first round picks until 2028.

I guess they can shop young guys like Mathurin and Walker. I dunno, I'm hard pressed to see them able to build a roster capable of winning the conference.
Fortune Teller
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#1263 » by Fortune Teller » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 am

Heat about to steal a road win over the Celtics. Currently shooting 56% from three (23-41). Seems like their front office focuses on things that matter.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 589

Post#1264 » by MasterGMer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 am

Spo is a genius in game planning. Congrats, Miami for stealing one from Boston
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,647

Post#1265 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:32 am

And the heat do it again. Man what I would do to get guys that can just hit shoots like that when it matters. I mean you even had rookie jauqez nailing a couple 3 in crunch time....
GO MAGIC
3ddman23
General Manager

Post#1266 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 am

MasterGMer wrote:Spo is a genius in game planning. Congrats, Miami for stealing one from Boston

Spo is good. But I feel like he gets a bit to much credit. These guys are just going out there and stepping up and hitting open 3s.... there isn't much to it.
GO MAGIC
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,882

Post#1267 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 am

I really think the Magic curse of shooters is real. Lol
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,229

NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion) 

Post#1268 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:37 am

Fortune Teller wrote:Heat about to steal a road win over the Celtics. Currently shooting 56% from three (23-41). Seems like their front office focuses on things that matter.

Zombies
aka: prorl
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,034

Post#1269 » by Driguez » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 am

3ddman23 wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:Spo is a genius in game planning. Congrats, Miami for stealing one from Boston

Spo is good. But I feel like he gets a bit to much credit. These guys are just going out there and stepping up and hitting open 3s.... there isn't much to it.

He gets the credit he deserves, hell of a coach.
Huevos Bancheros
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,394

Post#1270 » by tooler » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 am

The funniest thing is Spo said they needed to equalize the 3PT shooting in game 2 and then they simply went out and did it.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1271 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 am

What can you say... a team have players just fling a 3pt shot and it goes in while our team is wide open but still cant make it. Lol
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,437

Post#1272 » by eyriq » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 am

Zombie Heat
3ddman23
General Manager

Post#1273 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 am

Driguez wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

He is one of the best in the nba. But your gonna tell me you sat there watched that and saw anything special going on besides a bunch of guys stepping into a open 3s and nailing them? I'm confused..

Hitting open shoots at an unprecedented rate makes any form of basketball look pretty. Why didn't they look like this in game 1??? Maybe becasue they weren't hitting 3s at an unbelievable rate??

The ecf last year was a perfect example of this. They shoot blazing hit from 3 in games 1-3 and won and then got super cold in games 4-7 and lost all 3. Guys just need to make shots, you don't think if the magic would have shoot above 50% from 3 in either of these games we wouldn't be up 2-0 or 1-1?
GO MAGIC
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,034

Post#1274 » by Driguez » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 am

3ddman23 wrote:
Driguez wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

He is one of the best in the nba. But your gonna tell me you sat there watched that and saw anything special going on besides a bunch of guys stepping into a open 3s and nailing them? I'm confused..

Hitting open shoots at an unprecedented rate makes any form of basketball look pretty. Why didn't they look like this in game 1??? Maybe becasue they weren't hitting 3s at an unbelievable rate??

The ecf last year was a perfect example of this. They shoot blazing hit from 3 in games 1-3 and won and then got super cold in games 4-7 and lost all 3. Guys just need to make shots, you don't think if the magic would have shoot above 50% from 3 in either of these games we wouldn't be up 2-0 or 1-1?

I don’t like the Heat at all, **** them but you can’t say anything about his coaching man he is good and it’s been proven. Sure the players are hitting shots but there’s gotta be a method to the madness that is coaching and he gets his players to play hard and smart.
Huevos Bancheros
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,229

Post#1275 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am

Driguez wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:
Driguez wrote:

I don’t like the Heat at all, **** them but you can’t say anything about his coaching man he is good and it’s been proven. Sure the players are hitting shots but there’s gotta be a method to the madness that is coaching and he gets his players to play hard and smart.

They execute exceptionally well on offense and defense. They are very disciplined. Thats all coaching.
aka: prorl
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,517

Post#1276 » by Bensational » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:56 am

Huge game for Herro. 14 assists against the C’s, the rest of the team unconscious from 3. Dude earned some respect tonight.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 589

Post#1277 » by MasterGMer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:57 am

3ddman23 wrote:
Driguez wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

I think the reason why Miami Heat start pouring 3s this game is a game strategy. They want to win the game on this end
3ddman23
General Manager

Post#1278 » by 3ddman23 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:05 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:
Driguez wrote:
3ddman23 wrote:

They execute exceptionally well on offense and defense. They are very disciplined. Thats all coaching.

I'm not debating the discipline and tough nose defense. But it's not like spo has a joy stick and is stopping the shoot meter on green everytime a 3 goes up. These guys are just stepping up to the plate and hitting 3s.

They shot 32% from 3 on Sunday and lose pretty convincingly, they shoot 54% from 3 tonight and win. Open shot making is the key in almost every single game and they did it in this game and didn't do it in game 1.

Most teams are gonna win on any night shooting 54% from 3 in this style of nba basketball.

I hate the heat just as much as an magic fan, spo is a great coach but sometime it's really just as simple as hitting wide open shoots and not some master mind gsme plan from him.
GO MAGIC
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1279 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am

True or False : with explanation

A Jonas type of C is better for us than a WCJ type of C.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1280 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:32 am

Also... lets face facts. As others said, game 1 they were in the 30% of 3s and they got clobbered. Now they are in the 50% they won. Itst one of those ganes for them.

Unless you sre telling me they average 45% of their 3s throughout the season.

Return to Orlando Magic