ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,725

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0 

Post#961 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:The issue with Murray is Atlanta will want Suggs who would be the perfect fit next to Trae. I wouldn't give up Suggs for Murray. Too much risk on the chemistry side. If they want Black and Carter I'd be all for it.

Its not just about what the Hawks want though, its about what they can get. No one is giving them a good young player like Suggs. They will have to settle for what they can get, and if you look around the league, most teams are already set at PG and do not need Murray. Our biggest competition is probably going to be the Pelicans. The Pelicans could offer up Dyson Daniels, who probably has similar value to Black (probably less IMO). What the Pelicans can offer that we cant/wont is a really good vet in return. They could offer Ingram who should fit in well with them. Unless the Magic can find a 3rd team to take their assets, they cant offer someone that good.
We could sweeten the Carter + Black offer to the Hawks for Murray by adding Isaac and taking back Hunter. Hunter is over paid but seems like he could fill Isaac's role. Isaac's injury history scares me about investing in him long term.

Thinking about this…hard to pay more than a ‘Core 4’ and Isaac is heading for a payday - right when the rookie extensions kick in. He brings amazing defensive impact but, given his injury history & lack of offense, maybe selling high to get a more balanced core is smart. Nobody should be completely untouchable…it’s strategic team-building - I’m sure IND didn’t “want” to move Sabonis but it sure worked out. Hunter is a negative value, but a good versatile forward…maybe taking him into cap space let’s us keep a pick that would’ve been included in the deal…

ORL sends: Isaac, Jett, DEN 25, ORL 26 (top 8 protected)
ATL sends: Murray, Hunter, Griffin
Skybox
RealGM

Post#962 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

How about Naji Marshall as a relatively inexpensive 3&D wing (UFA)? Solid depth guy, maybe takes Ingles spot
Skybox
RealGM

Post#963 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 pm

Creativetran wrote:
thelead wrote:But… why would he? Why would he specifically want to be in Orlando?

Maybe he’s got gang ties to a gang in pine hills?

Definitely not getting that vibe from Simons (for better or worse)

#straightouttaLongwood
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#964 » by CocoaFan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm

Skybox wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Its not just about what the Hawks want though, its about what they can get. No one is giving them a good young player like Suggs. They will have to settle for what they can get, and if you look around the league, most teams are already set at PG and do not need Murray. Our biggest competition is probably going to be the Pelicans. The Pelicans could offer up Dyson Daniels, who probably has similar value to Black (probably less IMO). What the Pelicans can offer that we cant/wont is a really good vet in return. They could offer Ingram who should fit in well with them. Unless the Magic can find a 3rd team to take their assets, they cant offer someone that good.
We could sweeten the Carter + Black offer to the Hawks for Murray by adding Isaac and taking back Hunter. Hunter is over paid but seems like he could fill Isaac's role. Isaac's injury history scares me about investing in him long term.

Thinking about this…hard to pay more than a ‘Core 4’ and Isaac is heading for a payday - right when the rookie extensions kick in. He brings amazing defensive impact but, given his injury history & lack of offense, maybe selling high to get a more balanced core is smart. Nobody should be completely untouchable…it’s strategic team-building - I’m sure IND didn’t “want” to move Sabonis but it sure worked out. Hunter is a negative value, but a good versatile forward…maybe taking him into cap space let’s us keep a pick that would’ve been included in the deal…

I like it. I also liked your idea of Isaac for Murray. Maybe add the Denver 2025 pick to soften Isaac injury risk. We could then get Nic Claxton in FA (4 years/$80M) to make up for Isaac's lost defense. Two new starters in Claxton and Murray taking Fultz and Carter's spots. Carter and Cole could then be trade bait to strengthen our bench if needed.
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,107

Post#965 » by bigdogdylan5 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 pm

This offseason could get really interesting if Booker asks out. There is a good chance we would make it onto his list.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 419

Post#966 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm

Skybox wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Its not just about what the Hawks want though, its about what they can get. No one is giving them a good young player like Suggs. They will have to settle for what they can get, and if you look around the league, most teams are already set at PG and do not need Murray. Our biggest competition is probably going to be the Pelicans. The Pelicans could offer up Dyson Daniels, who probably has similar value to Black (probably less IMO). What the Pelicans can offer that we cant/wont is a really good vet in return. They could offer Ingram who should fit in well with them. Unless the Magic can find a 3rd team to take their assets, they cant offer someone that good.

Sorry but this is an example of a team's fans overrating our players. Isaac does not get you both Murray and Hunter, especially right now after he got outplayed by Jarrett Allen in one of his only starts.

Hunter 15.6 ppg 38.5% from 3

Murray 22.5 ppg

Isaac 6.8 ppg

You really think Isaac and two late firsts is going to get us both of them?

And Isaac is expiring after this year so yea they would not take this.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,925

Post#967 » by thelead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Skybox wrote:
Creativetran wrote:
thelead wrote:But… why would he? Why would he specifically want to be in Orlando?

Maybe he’s got gang ties to a gang in pine hills?

Definitely not getting that vibe from Simons (for better or worse)

#straightouttaLongwood

We were talking about Ja :lol:
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 703

Post#968 » by RichCollab » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 pm

I’m 100% running it back if we win tonight!
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,162

Post#969 » by MagicMatic » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

RichCollab wrote:I’m 100% running it back if we win tonight!

I think I’m still finding something for Gary Harris and Fultz replacements.

Gary has been otherworldly awful. Fultz borderline unplayable.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,186

Post#970 » by zaymon » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

bigdogdylan5 wrote:This offseason could get really interesting if Booker asks out. There is a good chance we would make it onto his list.

There is interesting debate to be had. Booker vs Young. Size vs passing
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,223

Post#971 » by cedric76 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm

zaymon wrote:
bigdogdylan5 wrote:This offseason could get really interesting if Booker asks out. There is a good chance we would make it onto his list.

Booker would be very nice here but would cost a lot.

You can get a lesser player (monk) for less
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,186

Post#972 » by zaymon » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

cedric76 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Sure but Monk has both problems. Trae size with Booker passing. I am not saying its bad move but it propably doesnt resolve any of our long term problems. Its just moving salary into tradeable body.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,223

Post#973 » by cedric76 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

zaymon wrote:
cedric76 wrote:
zaymon wrote:

Sure but Monk has both problems. Trae size with Booker passing. I am not saying its bad move but it propably doesnt resolve any of our long term problems. Its just moving salary into tradeable body.

Monk is taller than trae and is a good playmaker, you must have not watch Monk play this season

When fox was on the bench, the team belonged to Monk, he was running Everything

So underated, especially his playmaking
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,769

Post#974 » by dakomish23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:12 pm

Knicks fan here. I think Immanuel Quickley would be a seamless fit into your starting lineup
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 591

Post#975 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 pm

Will KD ask out?
RichCollab
Starter

Post#976 » by RichCollab » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

Gary’s defense has been pretty major actually. Others are proving the offense like Fultz with 12 points.

This is what we do.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 591

Post#977 » by MasterGMer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 pm

RichCollab wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Gary’s defense has been pretty major actually. Others are proving the offense like Fultz with 12 points.

This is what we do.

Gary has actually been shooting well this series. He is just not a volume 3 point shooter. But he is definitely capable. If we need shooter, I'd prefer Harris to Klay. Much cheaper and much better defense. But I still want Malik Monk though 8-)
RichCollab
Starter

Post#978 » by RichCollab » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm

MasterGMer wrote:
RichCollab wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

This is what we do.

Gary has actually been shooting well this series. He is just not a volume 3 point shooter. But he is definitely capable. If we need shooter, I'd prefer Harris to Klay. Much cheaper and much better defense. But I still want Malik Monk though 8-)

100% on Monk’s bandwagon.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,925

Post#979 » by thelead » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Knicks fan here. I think Immanuel Quickley would be a seamless fit into your starting lineup

I doubt Raptors let him walk. They'll match whatever is thrown at him after trading OG for him.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#980 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Knicks fan here. I think Immanuel Quickley would be a seamless fit into your starting lineup

That was my #1 at the TD...I knew NY would make a move rather than pay him market to come off the bench. TOR will match anything that isn't absolutely an embarrassing overpay, imo.

We missed a great opportunity...not that ORL had an OG to offer.

Return to Orlando Magic