ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,821

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0 

Post#1261 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:The path in the Western Conference is a lot harder than the Eastern Conference you have to acknowledge that. And he did shoot 41% on 3 pointers this year along with 25 ppg, 7 rebounds per game, and 8 assists per game. Thats not washed up player numbers at all. I’m not a LBJ fan nor have I ever liked him but that’s because of how great of a player he is and him being in our way. I’m a Magic fan and if it took us having him to win a championship I’d be for it.

Like him or don't like (or call him ridiculous names) ...he's a Top 5 player today and has been for most of 20 years. He does EVERYTHING to win. He may still have a few years of this level of performance. I don't even think about him in ORL, but he could come in and play ANY position (including PG) and avg. 20/8/10 with this squad. He could end his career throwing 8 perfect lobs a game and shooting 40+% from 3 as our PG - if that's what he decided to do.

A lot of people don't like him but he's top 5, maybe top 2 all-time. I'm still in MJ camp but, admittedly, LBJ does SO much beyond scoring and defense.

Top 5????????? R u serious?

let me guess yours...

1.Everybody Weltman signed
2. Everybody Weltman drafted
3.Weltman
4. Lebron

That's 4th, LeCedric
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1262 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:56 pm

cedric76 wrote:
three3d wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Top 5????????? R u serious?

Come on man, if you’ve watched basketball for the last 35 years LeBron is definitely a top 5 players. I’ve personally only watched sense the 90’s during the Jordan area so anyone before Michael Jordan I can’t rank because i personally haven’t seen play. LBJ is 100% a top 5 player during that time alone and very possibly top 5 ever.

He said top 5 today

I might be off by a spot or three...but that's nitpicking and there's certainly an argument for top 5.

choose your battles...Lebron sucks isn't a winnable one

*I don't have any real interest or see any likelihood of bringing him here...just saying he's a basketball Mt Rushmore guy and not just historically, he's awesome today.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#1263 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:04 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
Redwood wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Lebron went to LA to establish political position to be in GOAT conversation. Winning ring secured his legacy. He ain't leaving.

He will retire as Laker because he knows that, in long run, will secure his spot.

Fact that he is getting waxed by Jokic year after year now and people still don't acknowledge Jokic ( due Nuggets being average market team) and talk more about Lebron, tells you he did a right move going to LA.

Jokic isn't given his due for a very specific reason, and the team he plays for isn't that reason.

Here's a hint. It's the same reason Caitlin Clark's accomplishments continue to be belittled by many former WNBA players and media types.

it doesnt seem to affect Luka... or Dirk, or Bird, or many other great players before him

You beat me to it, Residual. This agreeing with you is getting spooky...

There isn't ALWAYS a conspiracy :nonono: stand down.

I love what Caitlin Clark's done and the excitement she's brought to women's sports (she's not the first or only but it's always good). Her achievements at the amateur level are undeniable and I'm rooting for her...but-just like the NBA sometimes reveals, the degree of physicality and elite size, strength and athleticism at the NBA level might prove a lot bumpier for her than many hope. Wouldn't be the first college hooper of any gender to get humbled a bit (not that she's mouthy-really more her fanbase potentially being surprised). She seems really level-headed and humble. I love how much the NBA has propped her and the WNBA up lately and I hope she tears it up.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,580

Post#1264 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:06 pm

Skybox wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
Redwood wrote:
Jokic isn't given his due for a very specific reason, and the team he plays for isn't that reason.

Here's a hint. It's the same reason Caitlin Clark's accomplishments continue to be belittled by many former WNBA players and media types.

it doesnt seem to affect Luka... or Dirk, or Bird, or many other great players before him

You beat me to it, Residual. This agreeing with you is getting spooky...

There isn't ALWAYS a conspiracy :nonono: stand down.

I love what Caitlin Clark's done and the excitement she's brought to women's sports (she's not the first or only but it's always good). Her achievements at the amateur level are undeniable and I'm rooting for her...but-just like the NBA sometimes reveals, the degree of physicality and elite size, strength and athleticism at the NBA level might prove a lot bumpier for her than many hope. Wouldn't be the first college hooper of any gender to get humbled a bit (not that she's mouthy-really more her fanbase potentially being surprised). She seems really level-headed and humble. I love how much the NBA has propped her and the WNBA up lately and I hope she tears it up.
I saw a post celebrating whiteness in football, something about a white corner back or something ,and it seemed ok with everyone. I think racial identity will continue play a role in how we celebrate sports but it will become accepted across races until it rests on being irrelevant.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 599

Post#1265 » by MasterGMer » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:44 pm

Skybox wrote:
three3d wrote:
cedric76 wrote:Don't want LBJ near this franchise, he is struggling to get a team with AD to move pass the first round and you want him here

Ledouche will stay ledouche

The path in the Western Conference is a lot harder than the Eastern Conference you have to acknowledge that. And he did shoot 41% on 3 pointers this year along with 25 ppg, 7 rebounds per game, and 8 assists per game. Thats not washed up player numbers at all. I’m not a LBJ fan nor have I ever liked him but that’s because of how great of a player he is and him being in our way. I’m a Magic fan and if it took us having him to win a championship I’d be for it.

Like him or don't like (or call him ridiculous names) ...he's a Top 5 player today and has been for most of 20 years. He does EVERYTHING to win. He may still have a few years of this level of performance. I don't even think about him in ORL, but he could come in and play ANY position (including PG) and avg. 20/8/10 with this squad. He could end his career throwing 8 perfect lobs a game and shooting 40+% from 3 as our PG - if that's what he decided to do.

A lot of people don't like him but he's top 5, maybe top 2 all-time. I'm still in MJ camp but, admittedly, LBJ does SO much beyond scoring and defense.

I like your opinion on LeBron. Last night's game just wowed me in terms of what level LeBron is still playing at age 39. It is training and body management. That itself speaks a ton about his professionalism. I really want Magic to take a look at LeBron even if it takes us to draft his son. He could be the one to take us over the hump and become a contending team in the Eastern Conference. Just my opinion.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1266 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=mrVIKCZeHvAN1GqeyHv21w&s=19
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,036

Post#1267 » by drsd » Wed May 1, 2024 1:16 am

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

WePark's off-season:
Waive Bol
Draft Black
Draft Howard
sold-traded SRP
Signed Ingles
Signed Queen TW
Resigned Anthony
Resigned Schofield TW
Resigned M-Wagner

An no mid-season moves.

Are we fans to believe that that was the 6th best management actions this year? What a joke. Maybe the votes are because of the Kia deal and the new money that brings ownership. ???? But that's plus-signs for Alex Martins, right?

A Magician did win the dunk contest. Is that anything?
drsd
RealGM

Post#1268 » by drsd » Wed May 1, 2024 1:48 am

One name we talked about a LOT a year ago, plus, is Trent. Well he's a UFA now. Even on a horrible Toronto team, he got his numbers.
3 for 60 would be enough for him. And that is a big, big upgrade over G-Harris.
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 599

Post#1269 » by MasterGMer » Wed May 1, 2024 1:54 am

drsd wrote:One name we talked about a LOT a year ago, plus, is Trent. Well he's a UFA now. Even on a horrible Toronto team, he got his numbers.

I also like Gary Trent. He is a sniper. It seems like this offseason we are going to have a lot of movements. I am already excited. But the season is not over yet 8-)
drsd
RealGM

Post#1270 » by drsd » Wed May 1, 2024 2:00 am

MasterGMer wrote:
drsd wrote:One name we talked about a LOT a year ago, plus, is Trent. Well he's a UFA now. Even on a horrible Toronto team, he got his numbers.

I also like Gary Trent. He is a sniper. It seems like this offseason we are going to have a lot of movements. I am already excited. But the season is not over yet 8-)

After the Magic win this one, only 13 more Ws required.
drsd
RealGM

Post#1271 » by drsd » Wed May 1, 2024 2:04 am

cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,235

Post#1272 » by cedric76 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:55 am

Our D drops as soon as cole is on the floor, I think he ll be traded this summer especially if he sign Monk and draft Carter.

Carter has Orlando s DNA
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,953

Post#1273 » by basketballRob » Wed May 1, 2024 3:04 am

Delete
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1274 » by cedric76 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:24 am

Serious question, who do you trade Cole for

Let's say we draft Carter and sign Monk

Suggs, ab, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris (Yes I d offer him a 1+1 deal again)
Franz, Houstan
Paolo, Moe
Wcj, JI

Who do you trade Cole for?

Obviously a forward or center but who fits the bill? Any candidate?
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1275 » by eyriq » Wed May 1, 2024 3:37 am

drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

WePark's off-season:
Waive Bol
Draft Black
Draft Howard
sold-traded SRP
Signed Ingles
Signed Queen TW
Resigned Anthony
Resigned Schofield TW
Resigned M-Wagner

An no mid-season moves.

Are we fans to believe that that was the 6th best management actions this year? What a joke. Maybe the votes are because of the Kia deal and the new money that brings ownership. ???? But that's plus-signs for Alex Martins, right?

He's so good he can sleepwalk his way into the top 10.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,845

Post#1276 » by Knightro » Wed May 1, 2024 4:42 am

My kingdom for a guard that can actually run a pick and roll.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,049

Post#1277 » by fendilim » Wed May 1, 2024 4:46 am

cedric76 wrote:Serious question, who do you trade Cole for

Suggs, ab, Carter
Franz, Houstan
Paolo, Moe
Wcj, JI

a second rounder or two
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,136

Post#1278 » by Residual-Heat » Wed May 1, 2024 5:26 am

drsd wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

WePark's off-season:
Waive Bol
Draft Black
Draft Howard
sold-traded SRP
Signed Ingles
Signed Queen TW
Resigned Anthony
Resigned Schofield TW
Resigned M-Wagner

An no mid-season moves.

Not saying he did a good job this offseason, but the Magic were among the most improved teams in the league in terms of record. Probably got a few votes just for that.
drsd
RealGM

Post#1279 » by drsd » Wed May 1, 2024 5:41 am

Suggs, ab, Carter
Franz, Houstan
Paolo, Moe
Wcj, JI

A backup SG or a 3rd string combo big?

p.s. I hate the notion that Howard could play backup SG in the NBA, and I hate more the notion that G-Harris would be brought back.

The Magic needs two SGs in your scenario. Maybe Bogdanović will be available. Anthony and the Denver FRP for him? After Murray is traded, the Hawks will need a new PG after all.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#1280 » by cedric76 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:04 am

drsd wrote:

Suggs, ab, Carter
Franz, Houstan
Paolo, Moe
Wcj, JI

A backup SG or a 3rd string combo big?

p.s. I hate the notion that Howard could play backup SG in the NBA, and I hate more the notion that G-Harris would be brought back.

The Magic needs two SGs in your scenario. Maybe Bogdanović will be available. Anthony and the Denver FRP for him? After Murray is traded, the Hawks will need a new PG after all.

Jett is a SG and will be a good one
Harris as a 3 SG is a safety net, always good to have a vet like him if you have injuries

As for Cole trade I was thinking for a pf/c that would expire sooner that Cole s contract. I checked players with a 11M range contract fitting the bill and there r not many

C boucher
Olynyk
Robert Williams
Holmes (if he picks PO)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter