ImageImageImageImage

Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,183

Re: Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread 

Post#681 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu May 2, 2024 3:01 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:The lack of AB the entire back half of the season has been a bit baffling given he's a pretty good defender and his shooting has been surprisingly efficient. He doesn't have a quick trigger and he's not great at running the offense yet (lacks confidence, looks lost at times), but he's shown he can hit the open shots fairly consistently. I get his decision making is probably the biggest concern being a rook, but the team played really well with him in the SL. i don't know if i've really ever seen him on the floor and we're all falling over ourselves at how bad he's playing like we do Fultz every other game.

Not sure what Mosely's concerns are TBH. I'm sure he has his reasons, and they may very well be valid, but I would love it if at some point we'd get an actual reason.

It feels like such a stereotypical “coach speak” copout.. but I think Mosley has earned enough trust to where he can determine AB simply just “isn’t ready” to play in games that matter.

I’m going to get flamed for this but AB really seems like a kid compared to rookie Paolo/Franz/Suggs.. both physically and mentally. Those guys never played scared. As ugly as it got with rookie Suggs on offense he was never scared.. it was probably too much of the opposite tbh if anything. AB looks like a deer in headlights too often especially on offense.

It’s tough to develop a raw rookie while competing in games that actually matter. Hopefully AB can get on the court Friday and make an impact. If not, hopefully he has a healthy offseason and continues to mature physically/mentally, balls out in summer league, and takes Cole’s spot in the rotation
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,556

Post#682 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 3:33 pm

Our role players really like that home cooking

Read on Twitter
?t=6lDdcvpA02pPe8upKhPRUA&s=19
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#683 » by KillMonger » Thu May 2, 2024 4:25 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:The lack of AB the entire back half of the season has been a bit baffling given he's a pretty good defender and his shooting has been surprisingly efficient. He doesn't have a quick trigger and he's not great at running the offense yet (lacks confidence, looks lost at times), but he's shown he can hit the open shots fairly consistently. I get his decision making is probably the biggest concern being a rook, but the team played really well with him in the SL. i don't know if i've really ever seen him on the floor and we're all falling over ourselves at how bad he's playing like we do Fultz every other game.

Not sure what Mosely's concerns are TBH. I'm sure he has his reasons, and they may very well be valid, but I would love it if at some point we'd get an actual reason.

I think he just doesn't trust him and he'll stick with trust over whatever the numbers are saying...i guess i can respect that but, this is an elimination game i hope he empties the clip.....something isn't working try something else
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,954

Post#684 » by ChosenSavior » Thu May 2, 2024 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#685 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 6:25 pm

Paolo is a good defender?

Read on Twitter
?t=ebxzghFypyAMsMtKoYKkJQ&s=19
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#686 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 7:31 pm

I'd like us to run 8 guys.

Paolo
Franz
Suggs
JI
Ingles
WCJ
Moe
Fultz
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,119

Post#687 » by Residual-Heat » Thu May 2, 2024 7:52 pm

eyriq wrote:Paolo is a good defender?

Read on Twitter
?t=ebxzghFypyAMsMtKoYKkJQ&s=19

He has elevated his defense in the play offs. That is exactly what you want to see from your future superstar player.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#688 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 8:32 pm

The 9 point half time lead that the Cavs had in game 4 is weighing on my mind.
J the Drafter
Starter
And1: 306

Post#689 » by J the Drafter » Thu May 2, 2024 11:13 pm

I don’t think Black is good at scoring at the rim yet. All of our other guards are capable of finishing, but Black doesn’t any way of scoring if he’s run off the three-point line.
Remember when Kobe elbowed Jameer in the chin so hard Jameer was knocked down and sent skidding across the floor?
Pepperidge Farm remembers.*

*Futurama
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,062

Post#690 » by Ducklett » Fri May 3, 2024 12:49 am

So I told you guys about my neighbor who is a huge Magic fan and was in the hospital. A few days ago they called in his kids and grandkids and great grandkids because they thought it was done for. His heart was going, he was still bleeding internally and it was pretty much over. Dude still wanted the Magic game on and AdventHealth DOESNT TELEVISE THE GAMES to the rooms. I met with his wife and got iheartradio on his phone so he could listen to the game on the radio, which he did. I can proudly announce that he survived his emergency bypass surgery and came home a few hours ago. I just got home from helping him in and sitting with him and he said nothing is stopping him from watching game 6 on TV tomorrow.

GO MAGIC.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,954

Post#691 » by ChosenSavior » Fri May 3, 2024 1:01 am

Ducklett wrote:So I told you guys about my neighbor who is a huge Magic fan and was in the hospital. A few days ago they called in his kids and grandkids and great grandkids because they thought it was done for. His heart was going, he was still bleeding internally and it was pretty much over. Dude still wanted the Magic game on and AdventHealth DOESNT TELEVISE THE GAMES to the rooms. I met with his wife and got iheartradio on his phone so he could listen to the game on the radio, which he did. I can proudly announce that he survived his emergency bypass surgery and came home a few hours ago. I just got home from helping him in and sitting with him and he said nothing is stopping him from watching game 6 on TV tomorrow.

GO MAGIC.

Beautiful story! Glad your neighbor survived! GO MAGIC!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#692 » by eyriq » Fri May 3, 2024 1:03 am

Ducklett wrote:So I told you guys about my neighbor who is a huge Magic fan and was in the hospital. A few days ago they called in his kids and grandkids and great grandkids because they thought it was done for. His heart was going, he was still bleeding internally and it was pretty much over. Dude still wanted the Magic game on and AdventHealth DOESNT TELEVISE THE GAMES to the rooms. I met with his wife and got iheartradio on his phone so he could listen to the game on the radio, which he did. I can proudly announce that he survived his emergency bypass surgery and came home a few hours ago. I just got home from helping him in and sitting with him and he said nothing is stopping him from watching game 6 on TV tomorrow.

GO MAGIC.
You are a great neighbor. Go Magic!
penny_nz
Analyst
And1: 1,627

Post#693 » by penny_nz » Fri May 3, 2024 2:00 am

GO MAGIC.

Thats such awesome news, glad to hear he's on the mend, hope the boys can put on a show for him!
I still believe in Magic! Welcome to the Franz & Paolo era
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#694 » by KillMonger » Fri May 3, 2024 5:04 am

no matter what happens i'm proud of what we were able to accomplish this season, an absolute success
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#695 » by drsd » Fri May 3, 2024 5:31 am

p0peye wrote:Man, Hedo was great for us in 2009 playoffs. That block from behind on Kobe and then lob pass to Lee for layup...

Türkoğlu might be the best inbound passer in NBA history.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,298

Post#696 » by Jiwol » Fri May 3, 2024 5:35 am

GO MAGIC.

Yeah, a true story. I was performing that surgery!

edit by Mod: Jiwol was joking. A light hearted barb not intended to offense. Let's not troll guys.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,044

Post#697 » by p0peye » Fri May 3, 2024 7:22 am

drsd wrote:
p0peye wrote:Man, Hedo was great for us in 2009 playoffs. That block from behind on Kobe and then lob pass to Lee for layup...

Türkoğlu might be the best inbound passer in NBA history.

No kidding. He had that one to Dwight against Spurs as well, ended up being a legendary dunk.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,540

Post#698 » by jezzerinho » Fri May 3, 2024 8:48 am

Jiwol wrote:

GO MAGIC.

For real? If so that's an incredible story!

Hope you weren't watching the game during the surgery!!
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,900

Post#699 » by Message Boar » Fri May 3, 2024 11:14 am

jezzerinho wrote:
Jiwol wrote:

GO MAGIC.

For real? If so that's an incredible story!

Hope you weren't watching the game during the surgery!!

Awesome story! Hopefully the Magic are ready to deliver the victory.

I'm already nervous for tonight.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#700 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri May 3, 2024 12:05 pm

Jiwol wrote:

GO MAGIC.

Then Were definitely winning game 6 tonight.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt

Return to Orlando Magic