ImageImageImageImage

Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,556

Re: Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread 

Post#661 » by eyriq » Wed May 1, 2024 6:39 pm

Knightro wrote:
fendilim wrote:So this scenario is really just nonsense and being paranoid.
Just saying "ok Fultz and Harris are out, Black and Jett are in" and expecting the internal improvement from Paolo, Franz and Suggs to just carry them to 50+ wins ain't it.
the Magic will have to spend 19million regardless.

Sure, but they could spend that money on a center and not address the backcourt at all.
*nods vigorously* this is the way
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#662 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed May 1, 2024 7:10 pm

eyriq wrote:
Knightro wrote:
fendilim wrote:So this scenario is really just nonsense and being paranoid.
the Magic will have to spend 19million regardless.

Sure, but they could spend that money on a center and not address the backcourt at all.
*nods vigorously* this is the way

we have 2 centers under contract for next year. We won't be spending our FA Money on that position unless there is a subtraction.

AB & Jett enter into backup minutes, still bring in a guard to pair with Suggs.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,916

Post#663 » by RookieStar » Wed May 1, 2024 9:37 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=1RydQuJ1OxyoT-PGYtwRlA&s=19

This could be his Tyshaun Prince moment when DET unleashed him against Tmac. We unleash him against Garland.

Who cares about his offense. Its not like Gary contributed points in the scoreboard anyway. He just needs to do what Gary did in defending the heck out of their backcourt players.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,047

Post#664 » by fendilim » Wed May 1, 2024 11:03 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
fendilim wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

Honestly, I can see him getting some minutes, but as starter? Might be too much of a risk for a do or die game.

Damn you do, damn you don’t. Mosley will look like a genius if he starts Black and we win. If Black fails to impress, we’ll see “fire Mosley”. Lol

And starting Fultz who have not been able to defend well in this series is not risky? We also can’t throw Caleb or Chuma in the starting lineup either. We didn’t give them enough reps to do anything. AB is the only player that would at least be comfortable with the starting unit. He would give us defense without offense, same as Gary. Plus, he need the experience as well. I am unsure why the coach think it is smart to let him experience playoff minutes next season-if we make it in next season-instead of now when the opportunity presents itself. He can get the jitters out of the way.

Playing Black is more risky than the other players you mentioned. Because he has a little experience and isn’t built to play physical ball yet.

I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes the point of attack like how the Cavs attacked Cole Anthony.

Plus Black doesn’t really spread the court for us. Unlike Gary who opponents still have to respect as a shooter. Or Fultz who can at least get to where he wants to go on offense
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#665 » by KillMonger » Thu May 2, 2024 1:39 am

fendilim wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
fendilim wrote:Honestly, I can see him getting some minutes, but as starter? Might be too much of a risk for a do or die game.

Damn you do, damn you don’t. Mosley will look like a genius if he starts Black and we win. If Black fails to impress, we’ll see “fire Mosley”. Lol

And starting Fultz who have not been able to defend well in this series is not risky? We also can’t throw Caleb or Chuma in the starting lineup either. We didn’t give them enough reps to do anything. AB is the only player that would at least be comfortable with the starting unit. He would give us defense without offense, same as Gary. Plus, he need the experience as well. I am unsure why the coach think it is smart to let him experience playoff minutes next season-if we make it in next season-instead of now when the opportunity presents itself. He can get the jitters out of the way.

Playing Black is more risky than the other players you mentioned. Because he has a little experience and isn’t built to play physical ball yet.

I wouldnt be surprised if he becomes the point of attack like how the Cavs attacked Cole Anthony.

Plus Black doesn’t really spread the court for us. Unlike Gary who opponents still have to respect as a shooter. Or Fultz who can at least get to where he wants to go on offense
If Gary can't go I think it should be black, poa defense is so important....gary has been solid defensively.... Fultz has really not he's been getting absolutely cooked.... I mean flame broiled on defense he can't guard anybody he absolutely dies on any screen.... Black is a much better defender than Fultz but we all know that mose isn't staring Fultz or black it's going to be Caleb

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#666 » by CocoaFan » Thu May 2, 2024 1:52 am

KillMonger wrote:
fendilim wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:And starting Fultz who have not been able to defend well in this series is not risky? We also can’t throw Caleb or Chuma in the starting lineup either. We didn’t give them enough reps to do anything. AB is the only player that would at least be comfortable with the starting unit. He would give us defense without offense, same as Gary. Plus, he need the experience as well. I am unsure why the coach think it is smart to let him experience playoff minutes next season-if we make it in next season-instead of now when the opportunity presents itself. He can get the jitters out of the way.

If Gary can't go I think it should be black, poa defense is so important....gary has been solid defensively.... Fultz has really not he's been getting absolutely cooked.... I mean flame broiled on defense he can't guard anybody he absolutely dies on any screen.... Black is a much better defender than Fultz but we all know that mose isn't staring Fultz or black it's going to be Caleb

Caleb would be a huge coaching mistake. Talk about getting cooked. Stopping their guards is priority 1. They need to give Black a shot. If it doesn't work go back to Fultz.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#667 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 1:57 am

Finally, the narrative the nation deserves

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#668 » by eyriq » Thu May 2, 2024 4:52 am

Oh Lord, these don't tend to end well for us.

Read on Twitter
?t=7GuiUvcwmneXD1ncAEEP2w&s=19
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#669 » by KillMonger » Thu May 2, 2024 9:10 am

CocoaFan wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
fendilim wrote:Playing Black is more risky than the other players you mentioned. Because he has a little experience and isn’t built to play physical ball yet.

Caleb would be a huge coaching mistake. Talk about getting cooked. Stopping their guards is priority 1. They need to give Black a shot. If it doesn't work go back to Fultz.

With certain situations mose doesn't operate with logic, he operates on trust.....bottom line he doesn't trust AB enough......but the thing i don't understand is.....why not involve the players that will actually be here going forward? AB as of now is going to be apart of the future and these are the kind of minutes he needs but he's giving way to a player that is probably not going to be here going forward and based off his play not really helping you on the court.....you need a solid defender on either mitchell and garland.....AB has proved to be at the very least as solid on that end as Gary harris but he has more size and length....it's a no brainer to me....but time and time again whenever you'd think there is a situation where AB should play somehow mose decides to play Caleb instead who is at best an average defender...it's just what Mose does....the best we can hope for is somehow gary is good to go by Friday
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#670 » by KillMonger » Thu May 2, 2024 9:38 am

our "current" guard group this series....i can understand one player maybe two....but all 4? 2 starters 2 rotation players....unacceptable
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,857

Post#671 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Thu May 2, 2024 10:30 am

eyriq wrote:Oh Lord, these didn't tend to end well for us.

Read on Twitter
?t=7GuiUvcwmneXD1ncAEEP2w&s=19

Orlando Magic please show up this game so people can actually see your talent.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#672 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu May 2, 2024 11:29 am

RookieStar wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter

This could be his Tyshaun Prince moment when DET unleashed him against Tmac. We unleash him against Garland.

Who cares about his offense. Its not like Gary contributed points in the scoreboard anyway. He just needs to do what Gary did in defending the heck out of their backcourt players.
Correct. At this point he can’t be any worse offensively than Gary, Fultz, and Cole have been.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,438

Post#673 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 2, 2024 12:39 pm

The lack of AB the entire back half of the season has been a bit baffling given he's a pretty good defender and his shooting has been surprisingly efficient. He doesn't have a quick trigger and he's not great at running the offense yet (lacks confidence, looks lost at times), but he's shown he can hit the open shots fairly consistently. I get his decision making is probably the biggest concern being a rook, but the team played really well with him in the SL. i don't know if i've really ever seen him on the floor and we're all falling over ourselves at how bad he's playing like we do Fultz every other game.

Not sure what Mosely's concerns are TBH. I'm sure he has his reasons, and they may very well be valid, but I would love it if at some point we'd get an actual reason.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#674 » by drsd » Thu May 2, 2024 1:05 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:I get his decision making is probably the biggest concern being a rook, but the team played really well with him in the SL..

I think there is too much memory of this:

Spoiler:
And yes it was goal-tending!
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,174

Post#675 » by magik9113 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:35 pm

drsd wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:I get his decision making is probably the biggest concern being a rook, but the team played really well with him in the SL..

Spoiler:

Too soon, brother. Too soon
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,044

Post#676 » by p0peye » Thu May 2, 2024 1:59 pm

drsd wrote:

Spoiler:

Man, Hedo was great for us in 2009 playoffs. That block from behind on Kobe and then lob pass to Lee for layup...
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,980

Post#677 » by Nyce_1 » Thu May 2, 2024 2:39 pm

We're about to get Game 6 Caleb.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#678 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 2, 2024 2:49 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:We're about to get Game 6 Caleb.

Give him two shots. if he misses both, pull him, lol. He's too streaky to leave in there if he doesn't start well :P
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,825

Post#679 » by Audi » Thu May 2, 2024 2:51 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:

Give him two shots. if he misses both, pull him, lol. He's too streaky to leave in there if he doesn't start well :P

This should be the standard operating procedure for all of our non-core players.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#680 » by UCFJayBird » Thu May 2, 2024 2:55 pm

Audi wrote:
UCFJayBird wrote:

This should be the standard operating procedure for all of our non-core players.

On a more serious take on this: I 100% understand why coaches don't do this in real game situations, lol. If your players are afraid they'll be pulled out of the game for missing a few shots, it's just going to mess with their head and nerves and make them worse. You have to balance showing trust in them to pull out of it and make shots, even if you don't.

Having said that, this is the playoffs and I'd care a little less about Caleb's feelings in an elimination game. :P

Return to Orlando Magic