ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 3: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 2-0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,962

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 3: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 2-0 

Post#21 » by SHAQ32 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:59 pm

Paolo has to step up!!

Would say Franz too but Franz is going to Franz I guess.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,674

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 3: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 2-0 

Post#22 » by Skybox » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Pretty brutal but solid analysis :roll:

I love Isaac (or someone like him - Claxton, Gafford...) at C over WCJ, but it would completely be subsequent to upgrading our backcourt offense...admittedly, if Isaac isn't hitting 3's, it only diminishes our already gross offense.

Longer term, it's just ridiculous to get 80% or our offense from the frontcourt...it's also ridiculous to ignore the overall benefit to all defenders of having a rim-protecting deterrent in the paint.

Damned if you do...damned if you don't (have the personnel).

Short-term panic move, return WCJ to the starting lineup and hope to band-aid together a save-face win and avoid the sweep.

*I'll be there!!
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,020

Post#23 » by p0peye » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:17 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
p0peye wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
It is. They were even more brutal but i didn't want to post everything :lol:

Yeah, you didn't post some takes which i disagree with. :)

Franz Wagner slander? :lol:

Not really, I myself have been critical of Franz's offense since All Star break, but I do agree with you that part of their expectations are not justified as Franz's playmaking isn't really that impactful or important compared to Paolo's and Ingles'. I find their critique of our defense to be misplaced, though they praised Harris for defending Mitchell better than Suggs. Some of them repeated nonsense we hear on this board as well about playing AB and Goga while at the same time criticizing why we already have too many players in rotation. But these are minor stuff, they have been on point for most part.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,512

Post#24 » by Bensational » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:30 pm

Just hoping some guys see the ball go through the hoop at home and unlock their scoring ability again.

Getting some breakout scoring from Paolo, Franz and Suggs will be great but we really need WCJ and Cole to find the bucket.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 680

Post#25 » by RichCollab » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:37 pm

I feel good about tonight. It’s a win win either way unless we lose by 30. Losing by 30 wouldn’t be the end of the world if the guys were embarrassed by it and it drove them during the offseason.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,501

Post#26 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:38 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I was listening to one podcast made out of 3 people from mainly ex Yugoslavia ( sport writer, nba commentator on tv & some guy) and their data and observation was:

- we knew for start Orlando has no offense. Their defense is not as good as expected
- starting 5 in 36 min has -19 net rating
- starting 5 is so bad that they aren't even competitive through 2 games
- Isaac got "can't shoot to save his life" treatment from Allen
- at times Magic play 3 players nobody guards on perimeter
- their proposal- return Wendell to starting 5, Isaac at starting C does nothing
- Cole is 5'9 at most
- help defense of Orlando is trash at times - compared to regular season games where it worked well
- Franz played like worst Wagner
- If Franz isn't scoring nor playmaking, Magic are doomed
- Magic can't expoit Garland's defense because they don't have personell
- Mosley lacks playoff experience - they point out our 10 men lineup as too big

Brutal to read but the truth is the truth.

Up to Orlando to dig deep and change the narrative.

Really hope the Magic play with more fire as I know the fans are gonna show out at the Kia Center.

It sounds like useless hyperbolic garbage to me. The story can me summed up in a few words. The Magic just haven't played good basketball yet. That's going to change tonight and then what are those Yugoslavian blowhards going to say?

Cole is 5'9"??? The whole league embellishes their heights.

Garbage analysis co-signed by a garbage poster. Sorry Soul and Knightro. This fanbase needs to show some damn pride. Like guys are more excited that the team is getting trashed by randoms than getting ready to watch a home game.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#27 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:44 pm

Not my fanbase but really disappointed in Magic fans right now.. taking joy in loudmouths trashing the team. :nonono: They haven't played well.. it's not a shock.. they're freaking kids playing in their first playoff series. I'm going to key you in on one thing I know for sure.. there are players on the other side that most definitely have QUIT in them and the kids are going to expose them tonight.

This is the game thread.. let's see some optimism and fight in here.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 696

Post#28 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:49 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:Not my fanbase but really disappointed in Magic fans right now.. taking joy in loudmouths trashing the team. :nonono: They haven't played well.. it's not a shock.. they're freaking kids playing in their first playoff series. I'm going to key you in on one thing I know for sure.. there are players on the other side that most definitely have QUIT in them and the kids are going to expose them tonight.

I think you are taking this too personal sir.

We are in growth mode still with glaring weakness and have had a wonderful season.

I read that like I read the lines of those two older muppets who always heckle on the muppet show.

Also they are from Serbia (Yugo isn't a country anymore right?) (this will get the Yugo people upset maybe lol). I'm just happy they have internet access.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#29 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Not my fanbase but really disappointed in Magic fans right now.. taking joy in loudmouths trashing the team. :nonono: They haven't played well.. it's not a shock.. they're freaking kids playing in their first playoff series. I'm going to key you in on one thing I know for sure.. there are players on the other side that most definitely have QUIT in them and the kids are going to expose them tonight.

I think you are taking this too personal sir.

We are in growth mode still with glaring weakness and have had a wonderful season.

I read that like I read the lines of those two older muppets who always heckle on the muppet show.

Also they are from Serbia (Yugo isn't a country anymore right?) (this will get the Yugo people upset maybe lol). I'm just happy they have internet access.

I'll just leave this here and then bounce. **** the Cavs. And it was poopoo who said they were Yugoslavian not me. :lol:
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#30 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 pm

Could someone tell the gang that my birthday is tomorrow and for my birthday I would really like a Magic win!
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#31 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:56 pm

Soul you can give me a 12 hour ban if you need to. :lol: I won't be in the thread. I'll be watching at work.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#32 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:59 pm

BTW the Magic are the favorites tonight.
three3d
Junior
And1: 58

Post#33 » by three3d » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:04 pm

Probably going to take some heat for this but I think getting swept is probably the best outcome now. It sucks for us fans, but I see no value in winning a game but still losing the series. I want as much bitterness and frustration going into this critical offseason as possible to see what these guys are made of going forward. I hate to say this BUT they need to be pissed and the front office doesn’t need any reason at all to run it back.

Paolo will have the summer to work on his game, I don’t believe he’s on team USA anymore. Anyone know if he is or isn’t? Franz will have a busy summer, hopefully it doesn’t have an affect on next season. Could you imagine if this series went the distance to a game 7 what the front office would have to say.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#34 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

eyriq wrote:Isaac has shat the bed.

Is Wendell or Isaac starting?
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,878

Post#35 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:BTW the Magic are the favorites tonight.

Vegas has us winning?????

Well... we can't disappoint the real owners of the NBA then..
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,914

Post#36 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:40 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:Could someone tell the gang that my birthday is tomorrow and for my birthday I would really like a Magic win!

I just put in the call. Happy early birthday! 8-)
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 589

Post#37 » by MasterGMer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:Could someone tell the gang that my birthday is tomorrow and for my birthday I would really like a Magic win!

Happy Birthday, bud! Let's get a W for all of us! :D
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,914

Post#38 » by ChosenSavior » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:45 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
ChosenSavior wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I was listening to one podcast made out of 3 people from mainly ex Yugoslavia ( sport writer, nba commentator on tv & some guy) and their data and observation was:

- we knew for start Orlando has no offense. Their defense is not as good as expected
- starting 5 in 36 min has -19 net rating
- starting 5 is so bad that they aren't even competitive through 2 games
- Isaac got "can't shoot to save his life" treatment from Allen
- at times Magic play 3 players nobody guards on perimeter
- their proposal- return Wendell to starting 5, Isaac at starting C does nothing
- Cole is 5'9 at most
- help defense of Orlando is trash at times - compared to regular season games where it worked well
- Franz played like worst Wagner
- If Franz isn't scoring nor playmaking, Magic are doomed
- Magic can't expoit Garland's defense because they don't have personell
- Mosley lacks playoff experience - they point out our 10 men lineup as too big

Brutal to read but the truth is the truth.

Up to Orlando to dig deep and change the narrative.

Really hope the Magic play with more fire as I know the fans are gonna show out at the Kia Center.

It sounds like useless hyperbolic garbage to me. The story can me summed up in a few words. The Magic just haven't played good basketball yet. That's going to change tonight and then what are those Yugoslavian blowhards going to say?

Cole is 5'9"??? The whole league embellishes their heights.

Garbage analysis co-signed by a garbage poster. Sorry Soul and Knightro. This fanbase needs to show some damn pride. Like guys are more excited that the team is getting trashed by randoms than getting ready to watch a home game.

Love the enthusiasm.

Can't speak for everyone here, but there is zero quit in me and if I lived in Orlando, I would be at the game today. Team hasn't played well in Cleveland. Some things that pepe highlighted are a bit harsh but there is a bit of truth to it (let's lighten up on the personal attacks please).

The beauty of it all is that the Magic have a chance to change the narrative. I believe they will starting tonight.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,432

Post#39 » by eyriq » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 pm

Happy birthday win incoming!
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,799

Post#40 » by Message Boar » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm

It's time to once again believe in the Magic! Positive vibes only.

Let's go Magic get that W!

Return to Orlando Magic