ImageImageImageImage

UCF Sports Thread: Spring Football and Roth Tower Expansion

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,076

UCF Sports Thread: Spring Football and Roth Tower Expansion 

Post#1 » by UCF » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Starting up the new thread. Been really excited about the transfers we’ve been getting.

Link to the locked old thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1768883&start=2060
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Re: UCF Sports Thread: Spring Football and Roth Tower Expansion 

Post#2 » by UCF » Thu May 2, 2024 1:45 am

Read on Twitter

Never hurts to sign a conference OPOY in the portal. Not sure we need him given the depth at the position.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,436

Post#3 » by UCFJayBird » Fri May 3, 2024 3:31 pm

My guess is Peny becomes the de facto leader to take over for RJ when he graduates next year and becomes the featured back in 2025 (barring another transfer or recruit beating him out for it). It is surprising to see him joining the team when he only has two years left knowing RJ will be ahead of him. There had to be other spots where he could go in as RB1, but maybe not for any schools he was interested in or in the P5.

UCF is killing it with the transfer portal. A lot of needs have been addressed, defense should be much improved, especially in the secondary. Went from a weakness to what should be a strength. Wish we had maybe gotten a stud WR to come in for Baker, but did add Jacoby Jones (6'3 WR) from Ohio who had a big 2022 before getting hurt last year and sitting out most of it.

Picked up some good and much needed OL depth today with a transfer from Central Michigan. I think we have two spots left for incoming transfers. Some big names i think still out there as potential options, hopefully we land another OL or WR, and then maybe one more defender.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#4 » by UCF » Fri May 3, 2024 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Also added Pitt
dsg2003mach1
Senior
And1: 462

Post#5 » by dsg2003mach1 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:16 pm

sounds promising, I just dont follow college football enough to really know who any of these guys are. Hopefully next season will be a big step forward (or at least have some consistency)
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#6 » by UCFJayBird » Mon May 6, 2024 9:06 pm

UCF Basketball picks up transfer from JJ Taylor from Memphis, former HS teammate of Mikey Williams as well. Basically reuniting these two in the fall. Originally I thought there was a decent chance Mikey never played, but now it seems likely (I doubt his buddy would be coming here if he weren't planning to be here).

Taylor also had disciplinary issues. Dawkins is bringing in a lot of big talent players with baggage, but if he can help them turn it around, get their heads on straight, and play good basketball, it could payoff huge not just in the short term, but helping to build the brand of UCF basketball faster than previously thought possible (these types of guys have HUGE influence on young players).
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod

Post#7 » by UCF » Tue May 7, 2024 12:47 am

Has Williams been able to enroll?
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#8 » by UCFJayBird » Wed May 8, 2024 6:32 pm

UCF wrote:Has Williams been able to enroll?

If recollection serves, he won't be able to enroll until after his legal troubles are resolved, which I believe is in August? Or maybe that was just he won't be able to play until that time. Not sure whether he's actually enrolled at this point or not. I kind of doubt he's actually here to take classes, so if he's not on the team and able to practice with them I doubt it, haha.

Return to Orlando Magic