ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Series Tied 2-2

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,225

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Series Tied 2-2 

Post#1421 » by MagicMatic » Fri May 3, 2024 3:12 am

Knightro wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Suggs/Franz/George/Banchero/Carter

Then this doesn’t resolve the issue. It just adds more talent. There’s a difference.

I think there's a lot more of a trickle down effect than you do.

George is capable of playing way more minutes at a way higher level than Gary or Cole or Markelle. PG is also a high volume, high accuracy 3PT shooter which is a massive need as well.

The Magic would basically be able to have at least one of Paolo, Franz or George on the floor at all times, which means (assuming Paolo and Franz uptick like we think they can) you'll have at least one guy capable of scoring 20-25 points and dishing out 5+ on .600 TS% out on the court every minute of the game.

That's not nothing. Especially on a team that's struggled so badly to score points.

I didn’t say it was nothing.

Sure, landing Paul George adds more scoring to a team that needs it. No ****. I’d just rather Franz and Paolo become more efficient players rather than just add another dude into the SL that scores. Paul George is a guy that hangs out for a few seasons and leaves until he retires or looks for greener pastures. He turned 34 today.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,804

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 5: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Series Tied 2-2 

Post#1422 » by Knightro » Fri May 3, 2024 3:22 am

MagicMatic wrote:I didn’t say it was nothing.

Sure, landing Paul George adds more scoring to a team that needs it. No ****. I’d just rather Franz and Paolo become more efficient players rather than just add another dude into the SL that scores. Paul George is a guy that hangs out for a few seasons and leaves until he retires or looks for greener pastures. He turned 34 today.

Having another efficient scoring option on the floor means that's one more player than the Magic currently have that defense cannot ignore.

Which means more space for everyone to operate, especially because PG is an elite shooter on high volume.

Which means fewer double teams for Paolo and Franz and George himself.

Plus PG can actually pass at a high level too, so there's that added element of adding another plus passer in place of Gary who can barely dribble.

Teams basically don't show much respect for Gary, Cole, Markelle, Black and even Suggs most of the time.

They do for a player of George's caliber.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,225

Post#1423 » by MagicMatic » Fri May 3, 2024 3:26 am

Knightro wrote:

Having another efficient scoring option on the floor means that's one more player than the Magic currently have that defense cannot ignore.

Which means more space for everyone to operate, especially because PG is an elite shooter on high volume.

Plus PG can actually pass at a high level too, so there's that added element of adding another plus passer in place of Gary who can barely dribble.

Teams basically don't show much respect for Gary, Cole, Markelle, Black and even Suggs most of the time.

Chill with the first line and laughing emoji pepe.

Don’t want to hurt anyone’s low iq feelings lmao :wink:

Jesus Christ this forum is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) sometimes.

I’ll just say I disagree. How about that. Lol
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1424 » by Knightro » Fri May 3, 2024 3:35 am

When the ball swings to Harris, the only thing he can do is catch-and-shoot. There's no risk of him to do anything else.

When the ball swings to Fultz, he won't shoot so there's no risk there. The only thing he can do is drive into traffic and try a low efficiency shot.

When the ball swings to Cole, he usually won't pull the trigger either (and isn't a good shooter), so it's usually a wild floater or something weird. He also isn't a good passer.

George shoots threes better and at a higher volume than anyone else on the roster *and* he's way better at attacking a close out - both to score and to create a great shot for somebody else.

Plus, unlike any of those other guys, George can get a screen (or just beat someone off the bounce) and get into a drive and kick at a high level. Better than Paolo or Franz can at this point.

Just because he isn't a point guard doesn't mean he wouldn't make Paolo and Franz's lives significantly easier on the offensive end.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1425 » by Knightro » Fri May 3, 2024 3:39 am

Knightro wrote:

I edited that line out because it was rude. My apologies.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,195

Post#1426 » by zaymon » Fri May 3, 2024 12:24 pm

Signing PG would be a jackpot. He both fits and doesnt cost us assets. On offense Knightro wrote a good summary, but also on defense PG defends mostly 2s which is perfect for us. Even if he loses some of his athletecism he is still 6'8, good passert and great shooter.
Another aspect is that we would be able to maintain his minutes during regular season with young team, weaker conference and many good young players.
I dont think we will be PG target, but if he chooses us i dont know how we can refuse. We would still have assets for at least one major move if we thought Suggs is not the greatest fit or we want to upgrade center.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,917

Post#1427 » by basketballRob » Fri May 3, 2024 3:23 pm

Paul George's defense is what I'm excited about.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,047

Post#1428 » by fendilim » Fri May 3, 2024 4:00 pm

PG would be a great add. Not to mention, guys like Paolo and Franz will learn from him too.

Imagine how Oladipo’s game leaped after one year with Westbrook

Return to Orlando Magic