ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 6: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 3-2

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 6: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 3-2 

Post#1141 » by tooler » Sat May 4, 2024 7:37 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:Ive said this after game 5, but can we get WCJ to attack Mobley? Anyone see that one play in game 6 when WCJ bullied him all the way to the rim from the 3pt line like he wasnt even there? I want more of WCJ attacking that match up.

I mean, Markelle Fultz was tossing Mobley aside... :lol:

I remember in game 2 that Paolo was getting a shoulder into him. I haven't watched to see if that's continued. He's done a lot of his damage on recovery and coming in with help defense. Very similar to Isaac.

GelbeWand09 wrote:Are we hoping Allen comes back for game 7? He was their best player in the first 4 games & the double big lineups had the best rating but having a in theory better shooter at the 4, helped their guard play alot.

Gosh no. Their roster is so thin that it plays to our advantage big time despite a little extra space. Would you rather have Jarrett Allen or Morris and Niang out there?
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 6: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 3-2 

Post#1142 » by I Rasharted » Sat May 4, 2024 8:02 pm

Fortune Teller wrote:Coaching in the NBA is overrated. The team with the best players typically wins. We hyper-focus on things like rotations when our best players simply aren’t playing well enough, or the talent as a whole just isn’t there.

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 410

Post#1143 » by MagicTownBaller » Sat May 4, 2024 8:27 pm

It's time for Paolo to unleash the "Zone", Kagami style.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
TheChaser
Analyst
And1: 492

Post#1144 » by TheChaser » Sat May 4, 2024 8:38 pm

I’m so so so so proud of these guys!!!! (Notice the series of 4s here so we get that fourth win)
maginno wrote:There is nothing wrong with this team that putting a few unloaded guns in Carter's gym bag will not solve.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,921

Post#1145 » by RookieStar » Sat May 4, 2024 10:24 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:
eyriq wrote:That 17-2 run to start the 3rd was demoralizing AF. Crazy we survived that.

It was anxious times, felt like the rope was slipping but they hanged on to it! Now we got them on the ropes (8 second violations and failure to box out). Time to deliver the knockout punch.

Same... when I heard that stat about the team winning the 3rd quarter always won the game for the past 5 games my heart fell... then we somehow broke the mold and won. lol
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1146 » by RookieStar » Sat May 4, 2024 10:26 pm

tooler wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:Ive said this after game 5, but can we get WCJ to attack Mobley? Anyone see that one play in game 6 when WCJ bullied him all the way to the rim from the 3pt line like he wasnt even there? I want more of WCJ attacking that match up.

I mean, Markelle Fultz was tossing Mobley aside... :lol:

I remember in game 2 that Paolo was getting a shoulder into him. I haven't watched to see if that's continued. He's done a lot of his damage on recovery and coming in with help defense. Very similar to Isaac.

GelbeWand09 wrote:Are we hoping Allen comes back for game 7? He was their best player in the first 4 games & the double big lineups had the best rating but having a in theory better shooter at the 4, helped their guard play alot.

Gosh no. Their roster is so thin that it plays to our advantage big time despite a little extra space. Would you rather have Jarrett Allen or Morris and Niang out there?

Is Morris and Niang making 3s and taking our bigs away from the paint so DA and Don can wreck havoc?
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,562

Post#1147 » by eyriq » Sat May 4, 2024 10:27 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:
eyriq wrote:That 17-2 run to start the 3rd was demoralizing AF. Crazy we survived that.

It was anxious times, felt like the rope was slipping but they hanged on to it! Now we got them on the ropes (8 second violations and failure to box out). Time to deliver the knockout punch.

Same... when I heard that stat about the team winning the 3rd quarter always won the game for the past 5 games my heart fell... then we somehow broke the mold and won. lol
I was emoting hard with that all bench lineup to start the 4th but they pulled off a 6-0 run like bosses. Incredible.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1148 » by RookieStar » Sat May 4, 2024 10:32 pm

eyriq wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

I was emoting hard with that all bench lineup to start the 4th but they pulled off a 6-0 run like bosses. Incredible.

Here is to hoping that we also break the mold of the home team always winning in this series!!!!
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,260

Post#1149 » by Blue_and_Whte » Sun May 5, 2024 1:36 pm

Skybox wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:He was 6'9" w/o shoes with a 7'1" wingspan before his junior season.

https://www.nba.com/magic/news/strong-bond-already-forming-between-isaac-and-bamba-20180704

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Right but where is your source for him having a 7'6" wingspan now?

I didn’t measure him :lol: but JI is the biggest guy on the team and has been, even with Vuc. (I guess Goga is right there too). If you stand near the bench you get a real sense of size. AG was smaller than you’d think, for example. Isaac and Vuc are every bit of 7’…regardless of hair. JI is massive - I don’t doubt that wingspan at all.
JI is a seven footer who didn’t want to be listed as a 7 footer

https://hoopshype.com/2018/09/24/orlando-magic-jonathan-isaac-real-height/
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,231

Post#1150 » by MagicMatic » Sun May 5, 2024 2:49 pm

Fortune Teller wrote:Coaching in the NBA is overrated. The team with the best players typically wins. We hyper-focus on things like rotations when our best players simply aren’t playing well enough, or the talent as a whole just isn’t there.

Kinda. Matchups and skillets also matter when it comes to rotations.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,610

Post#1151 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun May 5, 2024 3:39 pm

I Rasharted wrote:

Tell that to Suns, Clippers or Lakers. Team play can be just as important.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic