ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 6: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 3-2

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 6: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 3-2 

Post#1101 » by RookieStar » Sat May 4, 2024 7:35 am

Husky1 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:It's crazy that game 7 is so damn close to game 6.

Has to favour us right? They look like they're on their last legs

I dunno.. but we never look good after long periods of rest. This might seem bettwr for us.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,048

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 6: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 3-2 

Post#1102 » by fendilim » Sat May 4, 2024 7:54 am

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Even though we didnt score on the next possession, that 8 second call was huge

Indeed, big mental breakdown for them. Showed they werent sharp mentally
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,387

Post#1103 » by pepe1991 » Sat May 4, 2024 9:45 am

Husky1 wrote:

Has to favour us right? They look like they're on their last legs

Celtics hardly broke a sweat vs Heat.

I don't really think anybody can win 3 games vs Celtics on East, let alone win series.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,195

Post#1104 » by zaymon » Sat May 4, 2024 10:03 am

Mitchell erupted for 50 points but i dont like how he doesnt involve his teammates. They won game 5 becouse of Garland penetration and dump offs to Mobley. Cavaliers have more talent than us but most of the players and their coach look scared and Donovan wants to make it about himself. He acts dramatic but his knee seems fine. If there was something seriously wrong he would not euro stepped for 50 points ignoring teammates. He also avoided contact on every drive but wanted more fouls.

This game also shows, and others mentioned it, how good of a perimeter defender Harris is. He is disciplined but active, Suggs has a long way to go with his technique and focus. On offense he doesnt give you much, but moving the ball and shooting open 3s is exactly what Mosley wants, and preaches every interview. Some act like selfish chucking Cole Anthony style is the way to go. Mentioning Cole he had good game and couple big plays, but it seems he runs only on arena energy. We will need him to win game 7, but he is the most inconsistent player on our team. I would not blink an eye if we trade him in the offseason, but i must admit he cares and that softens his overpaid contract.

I am curious what front office will do in the offseason. How much they will hold the trigger becouse of team chemistry ? It wont be easy to make changes after a series like this but the changes are necessary. If we have one half decent guard creator this series would not be close, not with the way Paolo and Franz are playing. Now the question is how much size we can sacrifice for better creation.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,810

Post#1105 » by Knightro » Sat May 4, 2024 10:18 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:I'm keeping Carter.. he's been good this series. Probably should've started every game but I'm not going to bash Mosley too much for trying something new. Harris has to play on Sunday to save Mosley from himself. If not he has to go back to the Fultz, Suggs, Franz, P5, WCJ lineup that he started the season with.

It's going to be really hard for Cleveland to stop these kids on Sunday. I like the young legs of Orlando.. by 8-10 points. Game 7 on the road will be their best game mark it.

I think JI starts again if Harris doesn't play.

I didn't like it. I'll tell you why.. Cleveland ran all high pnr's and multiple screens in the first half and their two guards had more room to navigate. The only way it would've worked is if Mosley had them run a 3-2 zone so they could actually use their length and wingspan to their advantage instead of it being a detriment chasing Mitchell around screens.

Jarrett Allen was also a blessing in disguise for them when it comes to their spacing.

Morris sucked tonight, but he at least has to be guarded as a range shooting threat. Allen does not, which naturally means another body closer to the rim, able to help impede drives.
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Post#1106 » by I Rasharted » Sat May 4, 2024 11:04 am

Fun game. Mitchell was incredible. I wanna see Banchero put the team on his back and drop 44 in Game 7.

basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1108 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat May 4, 2024 12:40 pm

Got to give shutout to the bench unit. Start 4th quarter, down 5 and Mitchell/Garland on the floor they win those minutes until Paolo/Franz return.
aka: prorl
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,695

Post#1109 » by Bergmaniac » Sat May 4, 2024 12:59 pm

Another impressive win. The defence continues to deliver and we did just enough on offense to overcome them. Suggs made some huge 3s and Paolo and Franz made a lot of big plays. Another very solid game for Wendell, he was great defensively.

I was screaming at Mosley for playing Cole so long in the 4th but he proved me wrong, LOL, shows what I know.

Our bench has been shaky and inconsistent, but in the last four games they have been much better than the Cavs bench which has been a disaster all series. LeVert, who is supposed to be their 6th man and leading bench scorer, has scored 37 points all series, shot 32% from the field and 27% from 3 and only shot 4FTs the whole series. Niang is shooting 22% from the field. Okoro 32%. Hopefully the trend continues in Game 7.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,568

Post#1110 » by eyriq » Sat May 4, 2024 1:09 pm

We got the win in spite of the coaching. True or false?
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,115

Post#1111 » by yoyojw17 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:10 pm

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1112 » by eyriq » Sat May 4, 2024 1:25 pm

Fultz/Cole/Ingles/JI/Moe

4th quarter 12:00 --> 10:05, they go on a 6-0 run. Huge
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1113 » by eyriq » Sat May 4, 2024 1:33 pm

That 17-2 run to start the 3rd was demoralizing AF. Crazy we survived that.
Jaxfann
Senior
And1: 43

Post#1114 » by Jaxfann » Sat May 4, 2024 1:34 pm

Kinda good in that Mitchell is banged up!
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#1115 » by tooler » Sat May 4, 2024 1:50 pm

One thing I realized from all the sour grapes by Cavs fans is how disciplined our forwards were on defense when Mitchell blew by them. They were already toast but they didn't panic and pick up a cheap foul for an and-1. They kept their arms up to make it a little more difficult and lived with the result.

Impressive execution of the gameplan:
  • Don't give Mitchell space for a 3 even if it means he blows by you
  • Don't rotate off the bigs to help
  • Keep your hands up and don't foul him
This is a young and antsy team but they stuck to the plan despite Mitchell going supernova. It would've been easy to panic or get frustrated.

Meanwhile if you watch the Magic highlights, you'll see a lot of Cavs defenders swiping at the ball and hacking at their arms. Mobley had a bad one on Paolo with 3:05 left in the 4th. Just poor undisciplined defense.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,932

Post#1116 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 2:05 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
eyriq wrote:Can someone explain why Isaac doesn't scale?

Isaac specializes in blocks steals and deflections but does it in a frenetic manner with bursts of activity from time to time.

I believe this is just less physically and athletically sustainable than like Rudy Gobert using his huge size and strength to stand as an obstacle to reach the basket or Mobley with his great size and Wingspan.

Isaac's wingspan is not actually that impressive at 7-1, compared to Mobley at 7-4 or Jarrett Allen at 7-6 or Gobert, one of the best defenders the league has ever known, at 7-9. Their physical advantages allow them to play their great defense more sustainably over more minutes.

Isaac's bursts of activity though do have unique impacts on games that i don't think Mobley necessarily has.

I think of Isaac's defense as a bit like a streaky shooter.

Isaac seems more reliant on his quickness, instincts and activity level to me than Mobley, who to me seems more reliant on his physical tools. Isaac's high activity style is not unlike Nerlens Noel, who also had injury issues.
Isaac has a 7'6" wingspan. The 7'1" measurement was before a growth spurt when he was a junior in HS. Paolo has a 7'1" wingspan. It's obvious when you look at both of them, that Isaac has a much longer wingspan. They also list him at 6'10", but he measured 6'11" without shoes the year the NBA did official measurements.

Isaac has been spending a lot of energy chasing guards around. There is a reason why players like Harris can't even hit the rim after chasing Cleveland's guards.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 422

Post#1117 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:29 pm

basketballRob wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
eyriq wrote:Can someone explain why Isaac doesn't scale?

Isaac specializes in blocks steals and deflections but does it in a frenetic manner with bursts of activity from time to time.

I believe this is just less physically and athletically sustainable than like Rudy Gobert using his huge size and strength to stand as an obstacle to reach the basket or Mobley with his great size and Wingspan.

Isaac's wingspan is not actually that impressive at 7-1, compared to Mobley at 7-4 or Jarrett Allen at 7-6 or Gobert, one of the best defenders the league has ever known, at 7-9. Their physical advantages allow them to play their great defense more sustainably over more minutes.

Isaac's bursts of activity though do have unique impacts on games that i don't think Mobley necessarily has.

Isaac seems more reliant on his quickness, instincts and activity level to me than Mobley, who to me seems more reliant on his physical tools. Isaac's high activity style is not unlike Nerlens Noel, who also had injury issues.
Isaac has a 7'6" wingspan. The 7'1" measurement was before a growth spurt when he was a junior in HS. Paolo has a 7'1" wingspan. It's obvious when you look at both of them, that Isaac has a much longer wingspan. They also list him at 6'10", but he measured 6'11" without shoes the year the NBA did official measurements.

Isaac has been spending a lot of energy chasing guards around. There is a reason why players like Harris can't even hit the rim after chasing Cleveland's guards.

Where is your source for this? His wingspan grew 5 inches since then? So his wingspan grew more than his height at the time? He grew an inch taller between when he was drafted until now.

A 7'6 wingspan would put him on par with Giannis.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1118 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 2:33 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:

Where is your source for this? His wingspan grew 5 inches since then? So his wingspan grew more than his height at the time? He grew an inch taller between when he was drafted until now.

Yes. He's the same size as Giannis.

basketballRob
RealGM

Post#1119 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 2:34 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:

He was 6'9" w/o shoes with a 7'1" wingspan before his junior season.

https://www.nba.com/magic/news/strong-bond-already-forming-between-isaac-and-bamba-20180704

The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 422

Post#1120 » by The-Stallion70 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:51 pm

basketballRob wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Isaac has a 7'6" wingspan. The 7'1" measurement was before a growth spurt when he was a junior in HS. Paolo has a 7'1" wingspan. It's obvious when you look at both of them, that Isaac has a much longer wingspan. They also list him at 6'10", but he measured 6'11" without shoes the year the NBA did official measurements.

He was 6'9" w/o shoes with a 7'1" wingspan before his junior season.

https://www.nba.com/magic/news/strong-bond-already-forming-between-isaac-and-bamba-20180704

Right but where is your source for him having a 7'6" wingspan now?
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.

Return to Orlando Magic