ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Magic Theme Song

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,115

Orlando Magic Theme Song 

Post#1 » by yoyojw17 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:42 pm

Not gonna lie.... I don't think I've heard a song that gives me this much joy! Lol.... I hope this never changes during this Era of Magic basketball. I hope we keep hearing it more and more during the next seasons and many more times in the playoffs!

It's infectious too.... My sister calls me this morning singing the theme song.... Just cuz she saw that we one and that I was a fan! Loved it!
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Re: Orlando Magic Theme Song 

Post#2 » by OrlandoSaban » Sat May 4, 2024 1:07 pm

A lot of young fans don’t realize that the song was from the 90s lol
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,115

Post#3 » by yoyojw17 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:05 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:A lot of young fans don’t realize that the song was from the 90s lol

Bringing it back and making it the celebration song.... On point choice!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,918

Post#4 » by basketballRob » Sat May 4, 2024 2:16 pm

We may have to change the vest thread to play that song.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,034

Post#5 » by drsd » Sat May 4, 2024 2:18 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:A lot of young fans don’t realize that the song was from the 90s lol

Not to correct you, but it actually is from the 80s (Gosh I'm old). I state this as the youngin's can learn some Magic history by watching this:

drsd
RealGM

Post#6 » by drsd » Sat May 4, 2024 2:26 pm

Magic.com has uploaded an official version:

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#7 » by Skybox » Sat May 4, 2024 3:16 pm

Painful. :roll:
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,826

Post#8 » by Audi » Sat May 4, 2024 5:25 pm

If anyone wasn’t aware, I think it’s safe to say this board played a bit of a role in keeping the song alive over the years. I uploaded the track to YouTube over 14 yrs ago and up until this season it was pretty much the only source of it out there. Considering this is where I post most often and have been for the longest, I’m sure a good bit of the 336k plays over the years have been from YOU ALL.

Full disclosure - the video I posted is not monetized and I’ve not been able to access the account since the YouTube/google merger in 2011. Just want you all to know that when you play “The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song” on YouTube (the one in our vest threads!) you actually have a connection to it’s success and a partial reason why it was reincarnated/remixed for the 35th! I hope it sticks around! Keep on keeping it alive!
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
PigsEatHam
Analyst
And1: 391

Post#9 » by PigsEatHam » Sat May 4, 2024 5:43 pm

I both find the song incredibly cheesy and un-ironically love it every time one of the guys says "play the song" and everybody dances. It's completely joyful.

Sure, the whole thing is manufactured and astro-turfed, but the Orlando Magic marketing team turning this into a post-victory tradition is a stroke of brilliance. I feel like this one might stick around as long as the team does. Like "Sweet Caroline" at Red Sox games.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,576

Post#10 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sat May 4, 2024 11:49 pm

Audi wrote:If anyone wasn’t aware, I think it’s safe to say this board played a bit of a role in keeping the song alive over the years. I uploaded the track to YouTube over 14 yrs ago and up until this season it was pretty much the only source of it out there. Considering this is where I post most often and have been for the longest, I’m sure a good bit of the 336k plays over the years have been from YOU ALL.

Full disclosure - the video I posted is not monetized and I’ve not been able to access the account since the YouTube/google merger in 2011. Just want you all to know that when you play “The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song” on YouTube (the one in our vest threads!) you actually have a connection to it’s success and a partial reason why it was reincarnated/remixed for the 35th! I hope it sticks around! Keep on keeping it alive!

That is an amazing story man, the song is huge and you're a reason why.
Trade for Jarret Allen
drsd
RealGM

Post#11 » by drsd » Sun May 5, 2024 3:39 am

Audi wrote:If anyone wasn’t aware, I think it’s safe to say this board played a bit of a role in keeping the song alive over the years. I uploaded the track to YouTube over 14 yrs ago and up until this season it was pretty much the only source of it out there. Considering this is where I post most often and have been for the longest, I’m sure a good bit of the 336k plays over the years have been from YOU ALL.

The AUDI version:

I state this as someone who has watched the Magic since Orlando beat crowned-Champion's Detroit in its first ever (preseason) game, Orlando WAS cheesy its first five years. Here is opening night of the first regular-season game so you can appreciate how "provincial" this team really was its first years!

The 7:30 mark is the introduction of the first team ever. Mr Nick Anderson was the first player ever introduced!
https://youtu.be/4bmnFozMmIA?t=450

Here's the season-2 opener so you an appreciate the cheese was still in full force:

Just to see how "dated" this all was 34 years ago: https://youtu.be/kCpS9CCaFQA?t=347
Yes Orlando would do magic tricks before games.
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 473

Post#12 » by uraverage » Sun May 5, 2024 4:35 pm

It's gonna getcha.

Return to Orlando Magic