ImageImageImageImage

Who would you rather we go after this offseason?

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Which guard/s do yall want?

Malik Monk
14%
Klay Thompson
5%
Paul George
10%
Dejounte Murray
20%
Trae Young
11%
Devin Booker
11%
Tyus Jones
5%
More than 1 of them
16%
None of them
8%

Total votes: 88

The-Stallion70
Bench Warmer
And1: 422

Re: Who would you rather we go after this offseason? 

Post#41 » by The-Stallion70 » Mon May 6, 2024 9:42 am

Book or PG would make us contenders.

This appears to be one way good NBA teams are constructed, trading or signing for stars outright.

Don't be an idiot you know Book or PG would make us contenders and these other guys don't move the needle.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
Message Boar
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#42 » by Message Boar » Mon May 6, 2024 10:41 am

Out of those, Dejounte is probably the best fit/talent combo; Monk is most realistic. But who I really want is Simons.

Oh and I didn't consider Booker because I don't think he's available until further notice.
Message Boar
Analyst

Post#43 » by Message Boar » Mon May 6, 2024 10:44 am

drsd wrote:
Which guard/s do yall want?

My problem with this question is it does not address, at what cost?

Monk: 4 for 90M, yes. More = no
Thompson: 2 for 40M, yes. More = no
George: 3 for 120M, yes. More = no
Murray: draft assets, yes. Core-player traded = no
Young = just no
Booker. Unattainable, so no answer required
Jones: 3 for 60, yes. More = no
More than 1 of them: unaffordable
None of them: silly option. Of course any of the above players is better than Fultz/G-Harris.

I voted George. In that he is the best player on the list. Orlando should want excellence.

Great summary. I'd take Trae if the Hawks were just giving him to us, but a) they won't and b) the Lakers would offer more than we should be willing to offer (and they'd be right to do so).
I Rasharted
Sixth Man
And1: 855

Post#44 » by I Rasharted » Mon May 6, 2024 10:52 am

I'd love to know what the Hawks are asking for for Murray. At the trade deadline it was something like this:

The Hawks’ [have an] ever-changing rumored asking price for Murray, now at “two first-round picks plus a starting-level player,” per Yahoo Sports’ Jake Fischer on January 24.

WCJ + 2 1sts for Murray is a no-brainer, so who knows what the situation really was.

But yes, from that list I'm going with "more than 1 of them". Murray + Jones/Monk. George would be fun...for one season.
basketballRob wrote:Another good benefit about eating plants is that the artery going to your penis gets unclogged and starts flowing real good.
axl_c_cool
Analyst
And1: 857

Post#45 » by axl_c_cool » Mon May 6, 2024 11:26 am

I Rasharted wrote:I'd love to know what the Hawks are asking for for Murray. At the trade deadline it was something like this:

The Hawks’ [have an] ever-changing rumored asking price for Murray, now at “two first-round picks plus a starting-level player,” per Yahoo Sports’ Jake Fischer on January 24.

WCJ + 2 1sts for Murray is a no-brainer, so who knows what the situation really was.

But yes, from that list I'm going with "more than 1 of them". Murray + Jones/Monk. George would be fun...for one season.

If that’s the deal you have to do it, if we could change Isaac for WCJ and maybe add Cole Antony that would be much better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORMALLY LC MAGIC
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Post#46 » by MagicMatic » Mon May 6, 2024 11:29 am

What a barf list.

Booker isn’t available.
Trae likely isn’t available either.
Paul George probably resigns with LA.

Anyone who votes for Klay needs their head examined. Guy is as cooked as Ingles and is 100x the cost.

So I guess the only options are:

-An overpriced Monk replacing Gary Harris.
-Dejounte Murray.
-Tyus Jones in a pinch that probably should have been acquired at this seasons deadline.

Dejounte Murray I guess… he actually has a skillset that moves the basketball and creates offense off the dribble. Also a little more versatile than Monk and is a plus defender.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 715

Post#47 » by RichCollab » Mon May 6, 2024 12:19 pm

I feel like a lot of shuffling and changes are going to happen. There are probably opportunities we don’t even know about yet.

I would love to add a piece to our core under 26. Also, hoping to add a vet who can play a full time role in our rotation unlike Ingles. I do love what Ingles did bring though with his approach to the game.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 707

Post#48 » by JoshuaPotter » Mon May 6, 2024 12:33 pm

Are any of these players on record saying how they love Daytona beach? The theme parks? International drive?

If answer is no, I think we call and ask if rumors pop up. But I don't think we pursue beyond phone call no 2.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,044

Post#49 » by p0peye » Mon May 6, 2024 12:37 pm

I like the idea of Booker, it would give much needed offense and allow Paolo to shine. However, that is probably least possible unless Suns go nuclear. In the same sense, I'd be thrilled if we knock on doors of all those waning teams - like Warriors to see what could be (if anything) offered for Steph. Yeah, it may be even more unlikely only because both Steph and Warrior would like him to retire there as only club he ever played for, but you never know if Steph still wants to win.
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Post#50 » by magicfan217 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:50 pm

I love Paul George but this team needs GUARDS not forwards. Franz/Paolo are forwards.

What kind of lineup can we run out with George? Franz at the 2 is not ideal. Neither of those 3 are a 5 man. George is a great player he just doesn't fit this roster (even if his skillset might).
magicfan217
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by magicfan217 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:56 pm

I think ideally the addition would be a PG who could shoot. They don't HAVE to be an elite creator but they HAVE to be able to shoot.

I am just not there with Monk. He has been a 35% 3 point shooter the last 2 seasons. That's far from elite and he's a pure 2 guard (which I think is Suggs more natural position).
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,793

Post#52 » by Skybox » Mon May 6, 2024 1:04 pm

Booker just not on the menu. IF IF PHX went nuclear, he'd be the last to go and would command more than we should give (Franz ++). Murray is THE perfect fit. Simons #2 and should totally be available. Monk, if FO thinks he's the guy, could easily be had...I'm not sure he is (or isn't :-? ).

I love a good trade thread...nice to have 20 active ones the day after the playoffs. :lol: I can just cut and post my takes from the last two years as we still have the same glaring needs and the same glaring targets and, I think, a real hard deadline for the FO this time.

*EDIT...I will NOT be re-posting my Poole ideas :nonono:
magicfan217
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by magicfan217 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:04 pm

I would actually prefer Anfernee Simmons to anyone on this list. He's more of a combo guard than a true PG, but his skill set slides in nicely along with Suggs/Paolo/Franz. It also leaves a sizeable role for Anthony Black.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#54 » by Skybox » Mon May 6, 2024 1:07 pm

magicfan217 wrote:I would actually prefer Anfernee Simmons to anyone on this list. He's more of a combo guard than a true PG, but his skill set slides in nicely along with Suggs/Paolo/Franz. It also leaves a sizeable role for Anthony Black.

That's been my guy for years and he fits better than ever...Murray's defense makes him an easier sell after watching Jett rot in Osceola all year, but Simons is really a special shooter and he (and Monk) had really significant assist numbers as well. I think the idea that Simons is just another sniper (like a GTJ, Kennard, Hield is WAY off-he's got a lot more in his bag).
magicfan217
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by magicfan217 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:12 pm

Compensation is going to be the question with Simmons. I'd be willing to barter with a pick or two plus Cole Anthony...I doubt that would be enough to get it done.
Message Boar
Analyst

Post#56 » by Message Boar » Mon May 6, 2024 1:13 pm

MagicMatic wrote:What a barf list.

Booker isn’t available.

Anyone who votes for Klay needs their head examined. Guy is as cooked as Ingles and is 100x the cost.

-Dejounte Murray.
-Tyus Jones in a pinch that probably should have been acquired at this seasons deadline.

Dejounte Murray I guess… he actually has a skillset that moves the basketball and creates offense off the dribble. Also a little more versatile than Monk and is a plus defender.

Fair enough. Could you summarize what you DO want us to do this summer, though? I'm scrolling through your recent post history and it's a lot of what you don't want or like.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#57 » by Skybox » Mon May 6, 2024 1:15 pm

Message Boar wrote:

Booker isn’t available.

-Dejounte Murray.

Fair enough. Could you summarize what you DO want us to do this summer, though? I'm scrolling through your recent post history and it's a lot of what you don't want or like.

He's angling for "Bachelor Pepe"'s job..."everyone sucks but Doncic" :lol:
byeganyo
Junior
And1: 130

Post#58 » by byeganyo » Mon May 6, 2024 1:24 pm

Ingram is another guy that could be had for the right offer according to rumors... he is coming from an awful playoffs too and will demand big contract soon, but everybody had downside
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,540

Post#59 » by jezzerinho » Mon May 6, 2024 1:37 pm

The options arent amazing on paper.

But someone unexpected always shakes loose. You need a deal maker FO to pull those unforseen trades off - not sure we have that.

I think I might have been the 1st or one of them to suggest we take a look at Monk. But it feels like he's going to cost a lot and the defensive shortcomings could rule him out of consideration by the FO. Not sure how far they're willing to sacrifice defence for offence.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Post#60 » by MagicMatic » Mon May 6, 2024 1:44 pm

Skybox wrote:
Message Boar wrote:

Booker isn’t available.

-Dejounte Murray.

He's angling for "Bachelor Pepe"'s job..."everyone sucks but Doncic" :lol:

Excuse me Skybox, but I’m not on the opposite side of the spectrum saying that absolutely every superstar and allstar is available for Orlando :lol: Also, for the record I’m not overly a huge fan of Luka. He’s great but nearly impossible to build around for a championship unless you somehow build a super team.

I’m also just “not into” this idea that a one way offensive player like Simons is a solution. If Mosely had ANY say whatsoever he’s going to want a shred of defense. Yes, this team needs shooting and distributing at the point guard position. I’ve made that abundantly clear. I just don’t think Orlando is in the position for that guy to be an allstar asset wise. If that guy happens to be Murray or Monk then so be it.

This group isn’t multiple current or former allstars/superstars away from competing in the next 2-3 seasons. They are GOOD role players, maybe one SOLID starting point guard, that FIT next to the core away from it given the crucial development of these young guys. People suggesting anything otherwise are sorely mistaken given Orlando’s assets via trade and perception via free agency.

Gary Harris and Wendell Carter are not starting level players for a team comprised of this core. Sorry, that’s just a fact. You replace those guys with competent starters and you have something cooking. Klay Thompson etc doesn’t fit that idea.

This list assumes a lot of things. Mainly that Suggs is a point guard (he’s not) and that all these players are available. I disagree with both premises. I’m neither a fan of Suggs “running point” OR coming off the bench after his dramatically improved shooting numbers and defense.

Dejounte Murray is the only guy on this list other than Tyus Jones that makes sense. Why? Because he can fill in at point guard if you rub your eyes and squint really hard.

Return to Orlando Magic