ImageImageImageImage

Who would you rather we go after this offseason?

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Which guard/s do yall want?

Malik Monk
14%
Klay Thompson
5%
Paul George
10%
Dejounte Murray
20%
Trae Young
11%
Devin Booker
11%
Tyus Jones
5%
More than 1 of them
16%
None of them
8%

Total votes: 88

ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Who would you rather we go after this offseason? 

Post#1 » by ogmagicfan » Mon May 6, 2024 12:56 am

We all know, we need more guard production on our team on offense.

There's a good amount of players available, we can hypothetically get even more than one by signing a player and trading for another.

Who do yall want and why?
bigdogdylan5
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,110

Re: Who would you rather we go after this offseason? 

Post#2 » by bigdogdylan5 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:02 am

Voted Tyus but on the right deals I would not be opposed to Monk or George (no 4 year max). The interesting one is Trae Young. If he is willing to change his game and play some off ball he could be intriguing. Though hasn’t shown any desire to do that. Booker should be removed from this he is obvious but also way unlikely.
Fine print disclaimer for Fultz:
I am high on Markelle Fultz. Yes I understand he is not perfect and needs to shoot more and better and turn the ball over less. I would really like to see him play one more year… and I did and he sucks time to move on.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,078

Post#3 » by SOUL » Mon May 6, 2024 1:08 am

Tyus is a last ditch one for me, he does not move the needle at all as a volume shooter or a defender. Can move the ball well and helps with turnover stuff, but actively taking the ball out of the hands of Franz and Paolo will also neutralize them a bit. We need to cut down on their on-ball creation usage but still use them quite a bit otherwise.

Voting Paul George or Monk. I think PG gets resigned though, I don't see the Clippers not paying him and relying on Kawhi all while getting a re-brand update with "The Wall" or whatever they have coming too.

I don't mind Klay if it's a 2 year deal with a team option on the second, and then signing a backup PG or playing Black a lot of minutes there.

Suns are not moving on from Booker.

We also don't have a lot of salary to involve trades, so it would have to be a three team deal, which makes acquiring guys like Trae and Dejounte harder.

All signs probably point to Monk at the moment.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,806

Post#4 » by Knightro » Mon May 6, 2024 1:10 am

Booker is the best guy you listed by a wide margin and should be the choice.

But I don't really think he's on the block.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by ogmagicfan » Mon May 6, 2024 1:17 am

Knightro wrote:Booker is the best guy you listed by a wide margin and should be the choice.

But I don't really think he's on the block.

There's been some interesting conflicting reports coming out, where one said he wants to go to the Knicks, and one saying he wants to stay with a franchise his whole career

If we were to get him, it'd more likely be someone we'd acquire during next season/next offseason, but he could see the writing on the wall in Phx or KD might force his way out and make him want to push his way out as well

Just an interesting situation to keep an eye on
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,568

Post#6 » by eyriq » Mon May 6, 2024 1:19 am

I voted Klay. Volume movement shooter with a championship pedigree that doesn't block AB or Jett, doesn't require assets outside of pre-extension cap space to acquire, and doesn't disrupt the core of Paolo, Franz, and Suggs.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by ogmagicfan » Mon May 6, 2024 1:21 am

SOUL wrote:Tyus is a last ditch one for me, he does not move the needle at all as a volume shooter or a defender. Can move the ball well and helps with turnover stuff, but actively taking the ball out of the hands of Franz and Paolo will also neutralize them a bit. We need to cut down on their on-ball creation usage but still use them quite a bit otherwise.

Voting Paul George or Monk. I think PG gets resigned though, I don't see the Clippers not paying him and relying on Kawhi all while getting a re-brand update with "The Wall" or whatever they have coming too.

I don't mind Klay if it's a 2 year deal with a team option on the second, and then signing a backup PG or playing Black a lot of minutes there.

We also don't have a lot of salary to involve trades, so it would have to be a three team deal, which makes acquiring guys like Trae and Dejounte harder.

Tyus is interesting, but ultimately I'd rather him replace Cole off the bench than be our starting PG

PG I think you hit it on the nail, we're probably getting used as a negotiating prop, while the 76ers are the real threat

The salary we have to involve in trades is the annoying part of having so many expiring contracts this yr

So yeah, itd have to be a 3 team deal if we were to trade for any of the players listed
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by ogmagicfan » Mon May 6, 2024 1:23 am

bigdogdylan5 wrote:Voted Tyus but on the right deals I would not be opposed to Monk or George (no 4 year max). The interesting one is Trae Young. If he is willing to change his game and play some off ball he could be intriguing. Though hasn’t shown any desire to do that. Booker should be removed from this he is obvious but also way unlikely.

If we could somehow get George to bite on a 3 yr deal with a team option on the 4th yr with a slightly lower than max contract level, I'd be very interested

I hope Trae has gone through enough in Atlanta to learn that just puttin up the numbers dont match up to getting them wins. That sour taste in his kouth from reaching the ECF so young and never getting close again might change his approach to fit better with the team
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 683

Post#9 » by BCS » Mon May 6, 2024 1:24 am

ogmagicfan wrote:
SOUL wrote:Tyus is a last ditch one for me, he does not move the needle at all as a volume shooter or a defender. Can move the ball well and helps with turnover stuff, but actively taking the ball out of the hands of Franz and Paolo will also neutralize them a bit. We need to cut down on their on-ball creation usage but still use them quite a bit otherwise.

Tyus is interesting, but ultimately I'd rather him replace Cole off the bench than be our starting PG

PG I think you hit it on the nail, we're probably getting used as a negotiating prop, while the 76ers are the real threat

The salary we have to involve in trades is the annoying part of having so many expiring contracts this yr

So yeah, itd have to be a 3 team deal if we were to trade for any of the players listed
Are we not just able to take on salary in a trade as we are under the cap?

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by ogmagicfan » Mon May 6, 2024 1:27 am

My ideal situation would be us trading for Dejounte Murray and signing Malik Monk in the offseason and have him as the 6th man replacing Cole Anthony who we move in the trade for Dejounte Murray.

The scoring boost adding both would do to our team would be unreal, and give us 4 players who can create their own shot (Paolo, Franz, Dejounte, Monk)

Dejounte, Black
Suggs, Monk
Franz, Howard/Houstan
Paolo, Isaac
WCJ, Moe
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,078

Post#11 » by SOUL » Mon May 6, 2024 1:27 am

BCS wrote:Are we not just able to take on salary in a trade as we are under the cap?

Yeah, but it pigeonholes the trading options to only teams that need to get under a certain threshold instead of a wider breadth of teams wanting to take back some salary as well. Also makes it so we may have to give up more draft capital or young guys just to make up for lack of throw-ins.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#12 » by KillMonger » Mon May 6, 2024 1:29 am

Malik Monk next to Suggs, maybe try to get hartenstein....Ab and jett move up in the rotation to bolster the bench.... Maybe draft a big rookie big man to replace goga if he's gone or draft a swing man to replace Joe Ingles.... Cole Anthony still not sure about and JI still not sure about at this point.... I feel we need someone who can help carry some of the offensive load from paolo and Franz but at the same time won't really get in their way.....sort of like Fred van vleet at Houston, he's there to compliment but not get in the way of sengun and green etc..... Monk fits that ideal to me

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,857

Post#13 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:34 am

I want Andrew Nembhard as our point guard.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by ogmagicfan » Mon May 6, 2024 1:42 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:I want Andrew Nembhard as our point guard.

That's an interesting choice, I wonder if he could be a sleeper option

He averaged 12.5 ppg & 6.6 apg in the 11 games without Tyrese Halliburton this season (26.6 mpg)

One thing that hurts his case is he isnt a good 3 pt shooter and is a low volume 3 pt shooter as well
BlueBalls
Starter
And1: 710

Post#15 » by BlueBalls » Mon May 6, 2024 2:02 am

Nembhard…oh my. No thank you.

It’s tough to vote here. Poll format treats all things as equal and they’re far from it.

You choose Booker, of course, but not realistic.

Klay is regressing and we’d end up overpaying.

I’d go Monk just as a FA. As a trade target? Probably none.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,577

Post#16 » by DiplomaticMagic » Mon May 6, 2024 2:09 am

Devin Booker would be my #1 choice, but dont think hes realistic.

I voted Trae Young, and thats crazy because I havent been a Trae Young fan my entire life, but our offense needs major rehauling, and he can single handedly, change our offense. I just wouldnt want to trade Suggs or Franz for him. Is that realistic??
Trade for Jarret Allen
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,271

Post#17 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon May 6, 2024 2:12 am

Monk has been my target for some time. He can also initiate offense according to Sac fans. He brings the things we lack the most.
aka: prorl
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#18 » by KillMonger » Mon May 6, 2024 2:17 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Monk has been my target for some time. He can also initiate offense according to Sac fans. He brings the things we lack the most.
And we don't have to give up everything to get him

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,271

Post#19 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon May 6, 2024 2:20 am

KillMonger wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:Monk has been my target for some time. He can also initiate offense according to Sac fans. He brings the things we lack the most.
And we don't have to give up everything to get him

Exactly he is very realistic without having to give up assets. He would be huge for this team.
aka: prorl
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#20 » by drsd » Mon May 6, 2024 2:22 am

How is SImons not on the list? He wouldn't win, but would get a LOT more votes than some of the names.

Return to Orlando Magic