ImageImageImageImage

Netz @ teh Magix 7p.m. @ the Spamway Arena

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#381 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:17 am

the GD 4th time this year we have been up by greater than 12 and lost the game in the 4th....AGH! what the hell?
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#382 » by MagicNolesFSU » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:20 am

i just cant belive VC throws himself into dwight OBVIOUSLY looking for a foul and gets a call. Turk on the other end isnt even LOOKING for a damn call gets hacked not once TWICE on the way to the basket and doesnt get a call. Please some1 help me to understand the logic and how the refs called the last 2 plays?
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#383 » by Hairy Midget » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:25 am

Hardaway 10 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I didn't say that but that is the reality of the NBA. Stars get calls. Dwight would have gotten a call if he was hacked. Kidd/VC/Jefferson will get the call. Hedo, at this point, will not.

That's not true, Dwight got fouled on several drives to the hoop and on several rebounds with no calls.
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#384 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:26 am

Wow

first off to say how good that game was at the end

But.... Then again, how the hell do you allow the Nets to get back in the game.

2nd off, I really wish we had a Darrell Armstrong, or Darrell Armstrong on the team again. He completely took the momentum and his energy completely turned this game over. The Magic don't have a play like that. That's why were couldn't offset what Darrell did.

After that game, I was just amazed at Darrell.

MagicNoles, VC is a superstar and Hedo is not. Just simple as that.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#385 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:26 am

I almost can't get that mad because it was Flash who made the difference as he on his owned turned things around. A perfect 2nd half for him.
For years I feared this type of performance from him against us that would somehow win the game on his own and here it finally was when i least expected it.

Not surprised that Magic killer Malik Allen once again got us. He's money from insdie 20 feet his entire career and he kept it going.

Hedo finally couldn't save us, but did get fouled on that take before he was stripped.
Sweater Vest Guy and Fat Guy made some fun appearances tonight.
Tiger in the house, pretty sure he left by half time.

WE HAVE TO STOP F*CKING UP AT HOME IT'S PISSING ME OFF!

Jason Collins scored in double digits, I almost puked when I saw that late. :(

Can't remember that last time that all 10 players on the court were in double figures for scoring.

WE HAVE TO BEAT HOUSTON FRIDAY, without T-MAC they almost beat Boston was Bonzi, Rafer and Yao are leading that team now.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
y 2 a B
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#386 » by y 2 a B » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:28 am

lol

What did I tell you on the first pages of this thread? Everytime I don't watch, we lose the game. Now its 1-8 this season. I don't even want to know the all-time record.
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant

Post#387 » by Hairy Midget » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:29 am

Bucs80 wrote:Wow

first off to say how good that game was at the end

But.... Then again, how the hell do you allow the Nets to get back in the game.

2nd off, I really wish we had a Darrell Armstrong, or Darrell Armstrong on the team again. He completely took the momentum and his energy completely turned this game over. The Magic don't have a play like that. That's why were couldn't offset what Darrell did.

After that game, I was just amazed at Darrell.

MagicNoles, VC is a superstar and Hedo is not. Just simple as that.

Every time the Magic made a run, the Nets would get bogus foul calls.

Case in point:

Magic up 14 towards the end of the 4th after Bogans hits a three, the game is about to get out of hand. The Magic want to keep the pedal to the floor so they drive and get fouled on 3 straight posessions. Unfortunately they weren't called as fouls and the Nets get three straight foul shots on the other end. The lead goes from 14 to 8 and the momentum swings back to the Nets for the game.

But of course you probably won't read any of this because you hate the Magic.

Whenever they win you will say "That's good but we did so much wrong."

Whenever they lose you will make posts twice as long about how much you knew this team sucks and list every little thing bad that happened.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#388 » by MagicMadness » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:32 am

Darrell Armstrong is the reason we lost this game.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#389 » by NetsForce » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:36 am

Good game. The Foyle vs. Collins matchup was truly one for the ages, I wonder if we'll ever see anything like it again...
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,077

Post#390 » by SOUL » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:37 am

:rofl: :rofl:
JigenDaisuke
Starter
And1: 74

Post#391 » by JigenDaisuke » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:38 am

Just like the Pacers game
Hardaway 10
Analyst

Post#392 » by Hardaway 10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:41 am

Jameer Nelson on the floor tonight : -12

Doesn't help to win games if your floor general allows that big a deficit. Especially when the Nets essentially erased a 11 pt lead to start the 4th when he replaced Arroyo.
zuppafly
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#393 » by zuppafly » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:47 am

NetsForce wrote:Good game. The Foyle vs. Collins matchup was truly one for the ages, I wonder if we'll ever see anything like it again...

The answer is in your own avatar. :bowdown:
TooNice00
Banned User

Post#394 » by TooNice00 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:47 am

we should have won this game but then again we didn't play like it. dwight played like crap. 13 points isn't enough and is his 2 lowest point output this season. granted we didn't get him involved enough. rashard lewis needs to get more involved in general. why keyon dooling didn't play is beyond me.
Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant

Post#395 » by Hairy Midget » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:51 am

The team needs to pass the ball to Dwight more.

Why no more pick and rolls?
Bucs80
Analyst

Post#396 » by Bucs80 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:56 am

Hairy Midget wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Every time the Magic made a run, the Nets would get bogus foul calls.

Case in point:

Magic up 14 towards the end of the 4th after Bogans hits a three, the game is about to get out of hand. The Magic want to keep the pedal to the floor so they drive and get fouled on 3 straight posessions. Unfortunately they weren't called as fouls and the Nets get three straight foul shots on the other end. The lead goes from 14 to 8 and the momentum swings back to the Nets for the game.

But of course you probably won't read any of this because you hate the Magic.

Whenever they win you will say "That's good but we did so much wrong."

Whenever they lose you will make posts twice as long about how much you knew this team sucks and list every little thing bad that happened.

I saw those fouls too

but you got to work through that. That's the thing

There was pretty much bogus fouls throughout the game. Especially in the 1st quarter. But we managed to be winning 31-18 after 1.

If you manage to get pass the 1st quarter with bogus fouls. What's the problem in the 4th? But once again, we lost a big lead in which this time, we couldn't hold the other team off. Darrell Armstrong just beating us in that 4th quarter. If he didn't come in the 4th, we would be talking about a Magic win. Which would of had the Magic lead cut down to 5, but pushing it back to 10 in he last couple of minutes of the game like usual.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#397 » by lovehoops01 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:14 am

I agree with you Hairy. The officiating in that game was ridiculous. The Magic would have been up by 25 in the first half if Richard Jefferson had not kept throwing body parts into Magic players, and sometimes he had to make up like 3 feet in space to make that happen, too.

Bostjan Nachbar was flopping all over the place. Except on that play where Howard got him in the head with his elbow. But if he hadn't had his legs wrapped around Dwight's, then his head wouldn't have been stuck under Dwight's armpit when he came down with the ball. He deserved the space to come down with the ball, too.

Dwight and Hedo were getting mauled all night. On that shot he missed at the end of the game, Jason Kidd literally threw his arm down on Hedo's arm and the ball when he drove to the basket. Earlier in that game, Kidd and R.J. trapped him in the corner and kept smacking him and the ball so Hedo had to call a timeout to prevent a turnover because the refs would not call a foul.

Dwight somehow ends up collapsed on the court in a heap (my heart stopped) JUST PAST HALFCOURT, and no call.

Jason Kidd comes running up the court and pushes Jameer Nelson to the ground. No foul.

Richard Jefferson and Malik Allen literally wrap their arms around the waists of Carlos Arroyo and Hedo Turkoglu at the top of the key. Apparently, that is not a foul in the NBA now either. Every time Dwight went up for a rebound, either Jason Collins or Sean Williams or one of their forward had their hands all over Dwight's hips trying to keep him from jumping. He should have had a lot more free throws.

Lawrence Frank crossed the halfcourt line to yell out game instructions, clearly out of the coaching box, and the officials don't do anything about it.

The refs were yucking it up with Jason Kidd all night.

Everyone in the arena could see all this.

And does Stan complain about the officiating? No....he says the Magic got outbattled. Which they did. But it was hard to score in the last two quarters when they were getting fouled on almost every play and the officials wouldn't call fouls for anyone except Dwight. Sure, the fouls were pretty much even, but the Nets were fouling a lot more and not getting called for it.

I'm getting pretty sick of it. This has happened to the Magic in at least a quarter of their home games this season. I'm paying good money to watch my team play, and I'm getting robbed of enjoying wins because the league officials are apparently against my team and the franchise apparently is letting them do it without standing up for their own organization. I feel like I'm throwing my money away because neither the league nor the franchise itself is doing anything to help me see wins. Maybe the NBA doesn't need my money any more. I love the Magic, but I can't support them without supporting an officiating staff that apparently hates the Orlando Magic. We must be the only team in the league that can't get any calls on our home court.

Mo Evans had a very nice hustle play and hit a key basket. He did play some nice defense, too. But 20 minutes for 2 points and NO time for Keyon? It's no wonder the Nets' bench killed the Magic's bench. For this we traded Trevor Ariza because he couldn't get any time on the floor?

And another thing....Love all the things that Darrell Armstrong did for the Magic. But I'm getting sick of Scott Anez and the other radio guys yucking it up about how Darrell wants to beat us so bad and he did it to us again. Guess what? He doesn't play for the Magic anymore, and now he enjoys embarrassing his former organization and loves to brag about that. I cannot support that, and I'm sick of our own radio announcers thinking it's such a great thing. He is the enemy now, and I can't cheer that so how about treating him like the enemy? That's how he treats the Magic now. Yeah, he got screwed by Doc when the Magic didn't re-sign him. But Doc ain't here anymore -- take it out on him, Darrell. Instead, you make up with Doc and stick it to the people who always were loyal to you.
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,517

Post#398 » by doct3r dr3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:15 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#399 » by AdamTheGreek » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:37 am

doct3r dr3 wrote:

GREATNESS!!! :bowdown:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#400 » by magicmamma » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:39 am

I don't feel that I can judge from the upper bowl, but it sure felt like the refs were giving us the business tonight, and that was true when we were ahead, not just at the end. On the other hand, I didn't feel confident of this game even with a big lead. I just didn't feel the "winning attitude." The only Magic player who seemed to have any energy in the 4th was Hedo. I also kept looking for Keyon. The last time SVG didn't play him he apologized for the "mistake." Learn from your mistakes! Every time Mo came back out in the last half I was muttering, "Where's Dooling?"

Return to Orlando Magic