ImageImageImageImage

Orlando Versus Houston 1/4/08

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

hayden
Veteran
And1: 548

Post#581 » by hayden » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:33 am

npiper17 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVLk0SY38wc

This video shows definitive proof. Right at the end of the video there is a silent replay of the call from behind the basket and it clearly shows space between Foyle's fingers and the ball before the light goes on.

Actually, I was watching this video, and there is a discrepancy between the clock seconds and the light. The time expires before the light lights up. It's less than .1 second, but it's there and when the clock is at 00.0, Foyle's fingertip I believe is still touching the ball. Perhaps this is what the refs based their judgment on.

LarsV8 wrote:[Jeremy Lin] just isn't very good.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,780

Post#582 » by FFBlitzace » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:47 am

The red light is supposed to be the indicator though, since, afaik, triple zeroes doesn't mean that time has technically run out. When it reaches triple zeroes, it means there is .09 seconds left, with the light coming on when it is officially over.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#583 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:02 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:I'm not gonna finish in no stinking tie for posts in this thread, I'll make up one more thing to post about to make myself the clear winner!

:nonono:
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#584 » by drsd » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:32 pm

hayden wrote:Actually, I was watching this video, and there is a discrepancy between the clock seconds and the light. The time expires before the light lights up. It's less than .1 second, but it's there and when the clock is at 00.0, Foyle's fingertip I believe is still touching the ball. Perhaps this is what the refs based their judgment on.

This waas the issue as to why tenths of seconds were added to the clock. The clock reaches zero rounding down. Thus, at 00.0 there is up to 00.04 left in the game.

Return to Orlando Magic