ImageImageImageImage

6-10

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

Hairy Midget
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

6-10 

Post#1 » by Hairy Midget » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:06 am

This is our record since our 16-4 start.

Discuss.
magicfanejc42
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#2 » by magicfanejc42 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:08 am

ghey
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#3 » by OrlandoMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:08 am

i thought you were going to say since we trade ariza
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,186

Re: 6-10 

Post#4 » by Kent » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:12 am

Hairy Midget wrote:This is our record since our 16-4 start.

Discuss.

I guess we should have saw it coming the way the past 3 years have gone. But I still think we're better than those teams and will win 45-50 games this year.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
szimab01
Starter
And1: 0

Post#5 » by szimab01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:12 am

we still lack a true pg and inside help. I think we are better than last year but not by much. I predicted an mid playoff seed in the east. I think we are on track to finish about there.
lovehoops01
General Manager

Re: 6-10 

Post#6 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:20 am

Kent wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I guess we should have saw it coming the way the past 3 years have gone. But I still think we're better than those teams and will win 45-50 games this year.

Talentwise, I agree that they are a better team. The problem seems to be in their heads. For whatever reason, they cannot concentrate on winning enough to pull off these games after they get past the first six weeks of the season.

Or someone is unhappy, and I'm not really sure why since they have a good record right now. If they just focus on beating some of these sub-.500 teams, they can make it easier on themselves, but they seem to enjoy having to struggle to even reach the playoffs after faltering badly through December, January and February. Whatever, the schedule (because of the teams they play) doesn't get any easier for them when they get home so unless their goal is to miss the playoffs this season, they better get themselves together.

Tonight, they just did a lot of goofy things in the first half and got outhustled for the first three quarters. You can't really even blame it on youth anymore because Dwight and maybe J.J. really are the only young players on the team, and J.J. rarely gets to play.
orl1724
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by orl1724 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:23 am

Well how can we be a good team if we lack a PG,SG,PF, all we have is a good center and a good sf who plays PF also Hedo who is a good 6th man

C-Howard
PF-
SF-Lewis
SG-
PG-

2 done 3 to go
lovehoops01
General Manager

Post#8 » by lovehoops01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:41 am

I think a lot of problems would be fixed if Tony Battie were healthy and the Magic had a legitimate starting shooting guard.

Dwight is getting more wide open shots now, but he's getting beat on a lot of loose balls in the paint even though he's grabbing a lot, which means they just don't have anyone to help him scoop up the rebounds. And opponents are able to double-team him to box him out. And there are times when he just doesn't get there quick enough sometimes, too, but I think if he had someone to help in the middle defensively and on the boards that it wouldn't be as apparent. Once again, the Magic's second-leading rebounder was Jameer, the smallest guy on the team.

Tonight, the Magic shooting guards went 4-for-16 -- and only because Mo Evans hit 3 of his 6 shots. Keyon and Keith went 2-for-10. Sounds like something is up there. Oops....forgot Redick. He went 3-for-6 so that makes the four shooting guards 7-for-23. Especially when the shooting guards on the other team shot 10-for-16. One Kings stat that I had to laugh at, though.....Brad Miller -- I know he's a good passer -- but he led the Kings in assists with six. Whatever works, I guess. They won.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,043

Post#9 » by drsd » Wed Jan 9, 2008 7:51 am

The Magic had a four game slump that should not have happened. They lost a couple of close games they should have won.

But in the 16-4 the opposite happened.

The Magic were lucky, and their opponents unprepared early season. Now, they have been a touch unlucky, and teams far more prepared.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,334

Post#10 » by MagicMadness » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:52 am

magicfanejc42 wrote:ghey
whocares
Senior

Post#11 » by whocares » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:19 am

1. the food chain is being reset.
2. this is causing some commotion.
3. rashard is getting plays drawn for him.
4. hedo is being pushed to third option.
5. but for hedo to still be aggressive, he has to take some shots from the rest of the players.
6. instead, he went back to his coasting style.
7. stan sent a very strong message by benching hedo at the end of the game against the kings.
8. if you do not do what you are supposed to do, you will not be getting any love from stan.
9. dwight has recently been more inclined to give up on hustle plays.
10. the guard defense is atrocious.
11. redick is fine and dandy but cannot be expected to win a game (yet).
12. he might be used as a catalyzer.
13. stan is probably trying to see his players' limits before setting the final screws for a playoff run.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
mark_comix
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#12 » by mark_comix » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:06 am

Thats the real, we aren't a Championship Team, we are better that 50-50's team, but no 75-25. I think we are a 60-40 team o near.

Sorry for my poor english
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,574

Post#13 » by Bensational » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:15 am

the saddest part is that even the 6 wins we've had have all been close, some even being buzzer decisions and OT wins. we're not even blowing any teams away.

and then to make it worse, these close wins and close losses are all against sub par teams.

i remember last season when we started to dip like this i kept trying to keep myself quietly confident that we'd turn it around. i don't want to go through that again.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#14 » by craig01 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 12:42 pm

The 6-10 streak is why the Magic are not an elite team.

This is what 45 win teams do.

No big deal, but pretty much expected by most.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#15 » by Dunkin On Ya » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:38 pm

Not surprised. We caught some teams by surprise in the beginning. Now, everybody has played everybody and the adjustments have been made.
aleZ
General Manager
And1: 4

Post#16 » by aleZ » Wed Jan 9, 2008 1:47 pm

Same stuff as usual

the backcourt sucks, especially on defense, where any team in the L can abuse them on any given night. On offense, they are streaky and unreliable.
When teams stay in the game and deny Howard-Hedo-Shard their points, Orlando's basically screwed (cuz their guards will most likely go off).

Otis needs to make a move, but he prolly won't :roll:
The Letter J
Starter

Post#17 » by The Letter J » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:17 pm

Can anyone find the season record predictions thread for this year? Search function isn't really working too well for me.
maginno
Banned User

Post#18 » by maginno » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:08 pm

"Live by the jumpshot....Die by the jumpshot"

But since we are what we are it makes sense to find a way of putting the best jump shooter (possibly in the league potentially) on the floor. Rather than trade JJ away as some have suggested you try and get a defensive minded PF (rather than a soft, of no use, proven non contributing occasional three point shooter that ANYONE could have seen would be of no use) that can rotate on defense and cut off the lane to the basket that JJ will for a long time create.

If you are stronger on the inside then even your poor defenders can guard the perimeter decent enough to get some misses. Of course you will still get burned with plays to the basket (Especially by quick guards) but at least your offense will be sizzling and your interior defense will be better.

A list of defensive minded PFs would be helpful. Anyone know where you can find that? of course all this takes a commitment to play JJ which is a stretch to see happening anyway.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#19 » by EasternMagic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 4:20 pm

szimab01 wrote:we still lack a true pg and inside help. I think we are better than last year but not by much. I predicted an mid playoff seed in the east. I think we are on track to finish about there.

point guard isnt the problem meer has been playing good the past few games and so has arroyo we need better shooting guard and more defense and rebounding at the pf position
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#20 » by NEM » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:09 pm

i thought you were going to say something about hedo and shard
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.

Return to Orlando Magic