ImageImageImageImage

Official Magic Off Season Thread (update pg 1)

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

What deal would you rather take for JJ Redick? And how likely would there be a deal?

SG Redick to Blazers for PF Ike Diogu
25%
Portland Accept?
17%
Portland Decline?
11%
F/C Battie & SG Redick to Nets for F/C Josh Boone and PF Stromile Swift
17%
New Jersey Accept?
6%
New Jersey Decline?
8%
SG Redick to Rockets for G Luthor Head & C Loren Woods
6%
Houston Accept?
2%
Houston Decline?
4%
SG Redick to Lakers for C/F Chris Mihm
6%

Total votes: 53

Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Re: The Offseason Thread - Part Two 

Post#81 » by Magic.City.23. » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:44 am

dwightmeer wrote:two or three mock drafts told me about this trade thats going down...

Crawford (9M)

for

Hedo (7M)
Bogans (2M)

NY makes way for Lebron with this trade. Orlando pick ups Kevin Love. What more can I say?

Wow, that is actually a good deal for us....Maybe if we could keep 22 and give them a future 1st instead, then even better! Then getting Green/Lee, Love, & Crawford would be a perfect day imo.
DMannOC
Senior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by DMannOC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 am

dwightmeer wrote:two or three mock drafts told me about this trade thats going down...

Crawford (9M)

for

Hedo (7M)
Bogans (2M)

NY makes way for Lebron with this trade. Orlando pick ups Kevin Love. What more can I say?

Do you have a link?
The Spaz
Senior

Post#83 » by The Spaz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:59 am

Crawford (9M)

for

Hedo (7M)
Bogans (2M)

You better not be giving me false wood!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,038

Post#84 » by SOUL » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:39 am

as much as i love hedo i'd prolly do that
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,208

Post#85 » by spinedoc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 am

Crawford (9M)

for

Hedo (7M)
Bogans (2M)

That could very well be true and why we are hearing Charlotte trying to move up to #5 to get Love now. A lot of jockeying for position this year.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: Magic Offseason Targets Part Two 

Post#86 » by craig01 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 pm

spinedoc wrote:
Magic.City.23. wrote:
spinedoc wrote:I don't like what I've been hearing about Speights for a long time now. I hope we don't pick him.

He has the tools, but you still worry about whats between the ears when you read all this stuff.

And that is the problem.

Talented? Yes.

Gym rat? No.

Sticks around at the NBA level? Most likely.

Do you draft him at 22? Smith won't, he can't afford to, but I would depending what is left on the board.
Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Post#87 » by Cigamodnalro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:16 pm

DMannOC wrote:Nelson, Crawford, Lewis, Love, Howard= Awesome starting 5 all under contract for 3 years or more. If that trade goes down will will win a ship within 3 years. book it!

Worst defensive team ever. Evans and Dooling were marginal starters, but we needed them defensively. Shard was also a better defender at PF than SF. Nelson, Crawford, Lewis, and Love are all subpar defenders at their positions.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#88 » by spinedoc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Cigamodnalro wrote:
DMannOC wrote:Nelson, Crawford, Lewis, Love, Howard= Awesome starting 5 all under contract for 3 years or more. If that trade goes down will will win a ship within 3 years. book it!

Worst defensive team ever. Evans and Dooling were marginal starters, but we needed them defensively. Shard was also a better defender at PF than SF. Nelson, Crawford, Lewis, and Love are all subpar defenders at their positions.

Stan can get Crawford to play defense, I'm not worried about that part. He played decent D in college at Michigan, and he would complement Nelson very well with his ability to handle the ball. At his price however, we really need to get something else nice for our trouble. I'm not sold that Love is that guy though. Now if teams would wait for those big red wood legs of his to get moving back to the other end of the court, it would be very helpful. Once he gets into position though, he is a fair defender and rebounder, but his transition game is really rough to watch.
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#89 » by MitchellUK » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:50 pm

spinedoc wrote:
Cigamodnalro wrote:

Stan can get Crawford to play defense, I'm not worried about that part. He played decent D in college at Michigan, and he would complement Nelson very well with his ability to handle the ball. At his price however, we really need to get something else nice for our trouble. I'm not sold that Love is that guy though. Now if teams would wait for those big red wood legs of his to get moving back to the other end of the court, it would be very helpful. Once he gets into position though, he is a fair defender and rebounder, but his transition game is really rough to watch.

Playing alongside Dwight would help. D12 gets up and down the floor faster than any center in the league, which would compensate if we had a slower PF like Love. However, can you imagine Love starting the fastbreak for Orlando? Those outlet passes are amazing, and with a team like Howard, Nelson, Lewis and Crawford around, it could lead to a lot of easy transition baskets for Orlando.

All that said, where did this rumour come from? Is there actually any substance to it? I have my doubts, given that all the noise about the Knicks is them jockeying for position to get OJ Mayo.
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#90 » by TheRevTy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:49 pm

A reputable source over at EBSports said this deal was being talked about weeks ago. He was unsure if it is still being discussed, but did say Orlando very much likes Crawford, and NY would like to rid themselves of the contract. Orlando sees Crawford as the ideal SG next to Jameer, similar to Mayo (who they also coveted).
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#91 » by Dwightmare » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 pm

My two mock drafts don't actually exist. Sorry I was drunk and mocking a mock draft lover.
spinedoc
RealGM

Post#92 » by spinedoc » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:22 pm

MitchellUK wrote:
Playing alongside Dwight would help. D12 gets up and down the floor faster than any center in the league, which would compensate if we had a slower PF like Love. However, can you imagine Love starting the fastbreak for Orlando? Those outlet passes are amazing, and with a team like Howard, Nelson, Lewis and Crawford around, it could lead to a lot of easy transition baskets for Orlando.

All that said, where did this rumour come from? Is there actually any substance to it? I have my doubts, given that all the noise about the Knicks is them jockeying for position to get OJ Mayo.

Yeah, that I can see. Starting to warm to it a bit then, but he probably won't get past the 5 spot now, and I'm not sure what else would be there for us at 6 that I like. I'm not a big Lopez fan. Westbrook would be nice though, or even reaching down to get Alexander or Randolph would be good for us too. I'd do it regardless, I'm sure we can find something with that pick. I also remember when we almost got Crawford awhile back. His sister was on our board talking about him coming to FL as well. It looked like a done deal at the time, so I know Otis has liked Jamal for quite some time now.
magicfan4life05
RealGM
And1: 198

Post#93 » by magicfan4life05 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Jersey Generals
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#94 » by Jersey Generals » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Crawford (9M)

for

Hedo (7M)
Bogans (2M)

Oh, man, please be true.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,266

Post#95 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 pm

magicfan4life05 wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3462005

magic gotta get this guy

Another SF?
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#96 » by theTHIEF » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:09 pm

if Shard is going to continue to work the post, a backup SF like Jones would be quality depth...
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#97 » by sportsrock37 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Honestly I think I'd rather get David Lee and Malik Rose or someone like Jerome James/Q RIch (who'd be a big expiring contract in 2 years), then draft a guy like Russell Westbrook at 6.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Post#98 » by Dwightmare » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:23 pm

I was thinking the same thing. Could he be had with the LLE?
Neon1
RealGM
And1: 1,576

Post#99 » by Neon1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:31 am

Undrafted Free Agents:
PG/SG Jamont Gordon 6-3 225 Miss St http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jamont-Gordon-290/
PG/SG Brian Roberts 6-2 175 Dayton http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Brian-Roberts-5032/
SF Davon Jefferson 6-7 213 USC http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dav ... erson-499/
sportsrock37
Starter
And1: 233

Post#100 » by sportsrock37 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:03 am

I've been high on Jamont Gordon for awhile now. I think he could fill the Keyon Dooling role. He isn't as good of a defender as Dooling, but he is a combo guard that could play PG that can make plays to score or get others involved, basically what we need out of our backup/emergency PG.

I also expect Pat Calathes to get a call, since he is a local kid.

Return to Orlando Magic