ImageImageImageImage

Game 4: ORL @ PHI (1-2)

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

gofret
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Re: Game 4: ORL @ PHI (1-2) 

Post#1261 » by gofret » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:03 pm

El_Magico wrote:Wow, yesterday's game wasn't even a sellout.

lol are u serious?
magicfan217
Lead Assistant
And1: 985

Post#1262 » by magicfan217 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 pm

Bigmagicfan82 wrote:
magicfan217 wrote:A much needed win but let's not declare the bad play over just yet.

We managed to blow a big 4th quarter lead again and our offensive execution in the 4th quarter was just horrid. We didn't have good possessions. A lot of forced shots at the end of the clock and a lot of standing. I don't understand why we go away from our game plan when the last quarter starts. whatever. Hedo took another bad shot that if he misses im not sure he makes it back to Orlando. Lucky for us it went in. Good thing we won b/c I honestly don't think we could have in overtime.

Blowing these leads is really starting to piss me off.

The Magic didn't blow a 10 point lead. The fact is, basketball is a game of runs and there was no way that game was going to be won by 10 points. I don't care if the Magic are up 10 or the Sixers were up 10. The other team was going to make a run. In fact, one of my friends at the game with me wanted to see a close game and I told him that the Sixers were going to make a run at the 5 min mark and bring the to with in 2 or a tie. The key was going to be how Orlando responded. They responded correctly because they won by 3. Anybody that thought that this game, with all the importance that this game meant to both teams, was going to be won by more then 6 points was just fooling themselves.

The magic blew a 9 point lead to start the 4th quarter. Yes teams make run but at the end of the game it was tied. We blew that lead. And if Hedo doesn't pull that shot out of his ass we probably lose that game. I am more upset about our lack of quality possessions in the 4th. I just don't get it. Our offense has been terrible all series in the 4th quarter.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#1263 » by mhectorgato » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 pm

flyingvee wrote:Just wanted to post so Hectorgato could be happy that I at least made one post during a Magic win.
The more I watch the I see how th eteam is missing Nelson. Not as much for his scoring but it appears that Lewis's numbers going down do correspond also with Nelson going down right after being selected for the All-Star game. Alston can give you an ulcer, he hots some big shots the rest of the time he really annoys with those chucks. Wasn't Alston supposed to be a generally better passer than he has been?

Good to see you be happy about the win ... wait there's no mention of that. So were you upset that we won?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#1264 » by mhectorgato » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:20 pm

magicfan217 wrote:
Bigmagicfan82 wrote:The Magic didn't blow a 10 point lead. The fact is, basketball is a game of runs and there was no way that game was going to be won by 10 points. I don't care if the Magic are up 10 or the Sixers were up 10. The other team was going to make a run. In fact, one of my friends at the game with me wanted to see a close game and I told him that the Sixers were going to make a run at the 5 min mark and bring the to with in 2 or a tie. The key was going to be how Orlando responded. They responded correctly because they won by 3. Anybody that thought that this game, with all the importance that this game meant to both teams, was going to be won by more then 6 points was just fooling themselves.

The magic blew a 9 point lead to start the 4th quarter. Yes teams make run but at the end of the game it was tied. We blew that lead. And if Hedo doesn't pull that shot out of his ass we probably lose that game. I am more upset about our lack of quality possessions in the 4th. I just don't get it. Our offense has been terrible all series in the 4th quarter.

Am happy that we won, and that's all that counts, But I agree about not holding the lead. We played very good for a while, and then the wheels feel off in the last few minutes of the game.

Let's hope we play as well as we did for most of the 2nd half.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
maginno
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#1265 » by maginno » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Sweet ending but seriously. I thought we would need those kinds of heroics in the second round not now. Love the win and think the Magic will win the series but it shouldn't be this hard.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#1266 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:02 pm

gofret wrote:
El_Magico wrote:Wow, yesterday's game wasn't even a sellout.

lol are u serious?

They said official attendance was 16k (they fill up at about 20k I believe). But just watching the game, it was obvious there was more like 12,000-13,000.

Philly doesn't deserve to move on with that pitiful crowd.

It may take us 'til game time, but we have LEGIT sellouts and I don't see Game 5 being much different.

Once again we win when Dwight doesn't score 30 points, I've seen that trend before.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 4,014

Post#1267 » by Last Guardian » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Just watched the game on tape.

I liked our offense a little better this time around. Guys were attacking the rim and not settling.

We let up in the 4th again. 10 point lead with 5 minutes left and it comes down to a desperation contested 3 pointer again. I am VERY happy Hedo made it and that we are back to having HCA, but honestly guys, we still do not even look close to being a 59 win team. Maybe I am just an ultra critic or something, but this is not championship basketball.

Defense overall was good....but why is Philly suddenly the best shooting team in history? Its annoying.

Rebounding was awful. We were actually doing pretty well with rebounding in this series up until this game.

I guess at the end of the day, a win is a win.
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#1268 » by mhectorgato » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Solid Snake wrote:We let up in the 4th again. 10 point lead with 5 minutes left and it comes down to a desperation contested 3 pointer again. I am VERY happy Hedo made it and that we are back to having HCA, but honestly guys, we still do not even look close to being a 59 win team. Maybe I am just an ultra critic or something, but this is not championship basketball.

Defense overall was good....but why is Philly suddenly the best shooting team in history? Its annoying.

Rebounding was awful. We were actually doing pretty well with rebounding in this series up until this game.

I guess at the end of the day, a win is a win.

Agreed.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,035

Post#1269 » by drsd » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:40 pm

This is how happy I am:

Last Guardian
RealGM

Post#1270 » by Last Guardian » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:46 pm

cappadoball wrote:Take THAT you Hedo hating bitches...your faith lies in his hands, you live or you die by Hedo so stick it where it belongs.....

If we live and die by Hedo.....that is just plain sad. And inevitably we'll end up dying.

But I disagree with that notion anyway. Hedo was awful in game 2 and we won. Hedo was pretty bad all season and we won 59 games.
Magicalltheway
Analyst
And1: 134

Post#1271 » by Magicalltheway » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Gotta love the confidence Stan shows on Hedo. I mean way sub par games from Hedo, ban ankle, bad decision making in all 3 games and he gives the ball to Hedo and he goes and get us a 3 pointer in the face of Young. Much better play from both Shard and Hedo . The 3 by Shard was real impressive and showed signs of him coming back. I think we will be on all cylinders tomorrow.
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#1272 » by mike_miller » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:14 pm

hedo makes that shot way too much, through out games (not just at the buzzer) and his career to be calling it "pulled out his a$s"

granted it shouldve never got that point but its more than clear phily is playing significantly above its documented capacity. you dont shot a certain % for 80+ games and then just all of a sudden get better, against a above ave defensive team.

I have a feeling the %'s will be catching up to both teams and expect a higher score from orlando in game 5.

(all that said, thank you hedo, again, for doing what a turk does!)

and to the whiners, no one remembers or cares the score in a game or what you were up or down by with 5 min to go in the 4th. the 97 bulls team, the greatest team ever, won the finals in 6, by 2, 8, 2 and 4 points.
SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#1273 » by SouthJersey » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:25 pm

[/quote]

They said official attendance was 16k (they fill up at about 20k I believe). But just watching the game, it was obvious there was more like 12,000-13,000.

Philly doesn't deserve to move on with that pitiful crowd.
It may take us 'til game time, but we have LEGIT sellouts and I don't see Game 5 being much different.
[/quote]

LOL. Now that is some good logic.

So you believe Orlando has the stronger fanbase overall when it comes to sports? I'm sure if Philly had 60 wins, they wold have sellouts. But this team never caught on with general sports fan this year bc 1) they werent that good and 2) Iguodala is their best player. Hasnt your arena sufferred attendence problems in the past?
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#1274 » by Rick Rolled » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:31 pm

SouthJersey wrote:LOL. Now that is some good logic.

So you believe Orlando has the stronger fanbase overall when it comes to sports? I'm sure if Philly had 60 wins, they wold have sellouts. But this team never caught on with general sports fan this year bc 1) they werent that good and 2) Iguodala is their best player. Hasnt your arena suffort attendence problems in the past?

I'd have a hard time rooting for the underbite too.....
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
DHoward4Mvp
Starter
And1: 0

Post#1275 » by DHoward4Mvp » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!! What a shot!!!!!. A horrible shot selection, but nonetheless a thing of beauty when it went in!!!!
I am loving seeing Courtney Lee handle the ball more late in the 4th qtr and letting him create.. Hedo shot the ball very well last night.. Rashard was more aggressive and attacking the rim... Damn what a win.....

And to all you folks out there, talking about, ohh it should be easier and yada yada.. Its the playoffs, Philly is a pretty good team... I dont know why you guys thought this was going to be a cakewalk... Sure we arent playing our best ball, but damn give some credit to the 76ers...
Last Guardian
RealGM

Post#1276 » by Last Guardian » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:34 pm

mike_miller wrote:
and to the whiners, no one remembers or cares the score in a game or what you were up or down by with 5 min to go in the 4th. the 97 bulls team, the greatest team ever, won the finals in 6, by 2, 8, 2 and 4 points.

Thats an awesome argument because the finals where the best teams from each conference are going at it is exactly like playing a first round against a .500 team.
Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#1277 » by Rick Rolled » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:36 pm

I hope I'm not the only one who thought Lou Williams traveled when he kicked it back to Iggy for the three.....
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#1278 » by mike_miller » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Solid Snake wrote:
mike_miller wrote:

Thats an awesome argument because the finals where the best teams from each conference are going at it is exactly like playing a first round against a .500 team.

how does that matter? that same year they swept the first round and not in a the most dominating fashion.

last years champs bearly made it to the second round..that didnt seem to make much of a difference.

its ok to for a champion to know how to close out close games as part of their toughness..but i guess if you dont have a ring you need to blow people out or not youre not playing well..
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#1279 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:30 pm

SouthJersey wrote:
So you believe Orlando has the stronger fanbase overall when it comes to sports? I'm sure if Philly had 60 wins, they wold have sellouts. But this team never caught on with general sports fan this year bc 1) they werent that good and 2) Iguodala is their best player. Hasnt your arena sufferred attendence problems in the past?

Of course we had past attendance issues....when were we a 20-win team. :roll:

Economy can't be that bad if I see Flyers and even Phils games packed. Your team is in the playoffs, fill that **** up. Even when we were an 8th seed and expected to get raped by Detroit, we sold out our arena.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#1280 » by AdamTheGreek » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:34 pm

mike_miller kind of hit a good point. Right now we're playing like complete and utter ass. If we we move on to the 2nd round, I can see us trucking either Chicago or Boston.

Last year we played pretty damn well against Toronto, only to have all kinds of issues against Detroit (granted, a lot of that was mental).

We're still that 59-win regular season team, just a matter of bringing the effort and making adjustments and surviving.

Return to Orlando Magic