ImageImageImageImage

OT: A salute to Bubba "Whoop Ass" Wilson

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mike_miller
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Re: OT: A salute to Bubba "Whoop Ass" Wilson 

Post#21 » by mike_miller » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:31 pm

i mean i get why he was the one to go...hes bearly a part of the radio show sometimes.

that show was much better before russ decided to give a job to whatever girl hes dating at the moment.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#22 » by MagicMadness » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Yeah, while Bubba is a fan favorite and has been part of the show for almost 15 years now, he's sort of relegated to the background with Tiffany in terms of his talk time on the show. Russ, Dirty Jim, and Drunky are the main players.

What are they going to do with their live music now? Wilson was the centerpiece of the show, and wrote and sang almost all of their songs over the years.

Tiffany seemed like the right choice to fire, but I guess her sex appeal is neccessary for ratings? Though I've got no problem with her, she brings virtually nothing to the actual on-air show. (She has no radio background that I know of, which explains things...)
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#23 » by craig01 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:04 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:

Also Shot Doctor got fired from Clear Channel, again. :( Also a few others from XL.

Not really much of a loss there....I feel bad for him and the job, but when you hear "real" sports talk in other cities....well, Shot was really pretty bad.

Clear channel should fault the comedy "schtick" garbage they have been putting on for years in Orlando.

Next time, please try "real" sports talk.......
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#24 » by ClashCityRocker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:36 pm

MagicMadness wrote:Yeah, while Bubba is a fan favorite and has been part of the show for almost 15 years now, he's sort of relegated to the background with Tiffany in terms of his talk time on the show. Russ, Dirty Jim, and Drunky are the main players.

I would say Russ, Dirty Jim and Daniel are the major three. They can do a lot of gimmicks using tiffany, she helps the show out in that regard. I can't believe i wanted them to choose sarah the meat lady over her. ..
Oh and I can't believe they're bringing savannah back for one show, that would've been crazy to see live if russ didn't have to spill the beans on that. Monster concerts are a whole lotta fun, I saw them when they came to melbourne a year or two ago and I recommend checking it out if you're a fan of the show.
420greg
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#25 » by 420greg » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:32 am

I have a radio shark at work so when I get in at 7:30ish I can go back to 6:00 to hear the show from the beginning (and skip the commecials). Russ was pretty upset when the show started, but he sounded better after bubba called in.
streetp0et
Rookie
And1: 99

Post#26 » by streetp0et » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:03 am

craig01 wrote:clear channel is notoriously cheap.

they got rid of my favorite late night sport show a couple months ago. now they just replay clips of all their shows from that day.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by MagicMadness » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:20 pm

ClashCityRocker wrote:I would say Russ, Dirty Jim and Daniel are the major three. They can do a lot of gimmicks using tiffany, she helps the show out in that regard. I can't believe i wanted them to choose sarah the meat lady over her. ..

You're right, Daniel gets more air time than Drunky. Drunky is probably more popular overall though.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#28 » by mhectorgato » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:57 pm

MagicMadness wrote:Tiffany seemed like the right choice to fire, but I guess her sex appeal is neccessary for ratings? Though I've got no problem with her, she brings virtually nothing to the actual on-air show. (She has no radio background that I know of, which explains things...)

Surely she has the lowest salary of the bunch. You can't let Russ, DJ or Daniel go. So the next highest salary was the Redneck.

This is why I think Oddo was let go.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by MagicMadness » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Yep, makes sense.

mhec (or anyone), have an idea what type of salaries these guys make? I'm just curious.
magic1636
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#30 » by magic1636 » Fri May 1, 2009 12:52 pm

for anyone interested today it's a throwback day. You have Bubba, Jeff Howell, and Savannah in studio today.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,242

Post#31 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri May 1, 2009 3:22 pm

Well Shannon Burke got arrested last night for apparantly accidentaly shooting his dog, then the bullet grazed his wife. That sucks because that is my fav radio show. Hope they dont shut it down.
aka: prorl
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#32 » by mhectorgato » Fri May 1, 2009 3:25 pm

Nice ... :nonono:

My fav - by a country mile - is the Phile.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#33 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri May 1, 2009 4:09 pm

Damn, Shannon. :rofl:

Interesting having Savannah back this morning for a bit.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#34 » by mhectorgato » Fri May 1, 2009 4:24 pm

AdamTheGreek wrote:Interesting having Savannah back this morning for a bit.

It served to remimd me how annoying her voice is - not sure if it's put on extra thick for radio for effect.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#35 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri May 1, 2009 4:26 pm

I was never much of a fan of hers, that's why I like Tiffany a whole lot more.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#36 » by craig01 » Fri May 1, 2009 11:16 pm

Isn't that whole show just a copy cat of Stern?

I never thought they were that great.......
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#37 » by mhectorgato » Sat May 2, 2009 3:11 am

ClashCityRocker
Sixth Man
And1: 76

Post#38 » by ClashCityRocker » Sat May 2, 2009 4:30 am

This is really really sad about shannon. It sounds like he's in a world of trouble right now. You never know what people are capable of. Shannon's always sounded somewhat troubled, especially in instances when he's called in on sbk or buckethead. He always sounds SLOPPY drunk when he calls in and that's never good. Hopefully this really was a huge misunderstanding for shannon's sake. I heard the BS talk about it for a second and it sounds like Katherine Brown is gonna drop the hammer on shannon unfortunately.
It sucks because his show was really friggin good sometimes. Hopefully he can overcome his own demons and get his life back on track.

I'm not a Savannah fan at all but it was good hearing her, jeff howell and bubba all on the show again-especially with tiffany in the mix. I wish i could've eard more than i did.

Now hopefully things calm down at TKS or we're gonna have to make a WTKS sticky thread!

So does SBK take over the slot for good? I don't think Kevin has what it takes to host everyday but i guess we'll see. I'd listen to a show with SBK, Cabin, Drunky (if not drunky then Dan Stone who is actually kind of funny in real life) and Jeff Howell. I don't think the SBK live crew is anywhere near capable of carrying a weekday show.
magic1636
Analyst
And1: 14

Post#39 » by magic1636 » Sat May 2, 2009 12:34 pm

well if the shannon burke show is pulled I wouldn't be surprised if they bump The BS to the 11-3 slot and at night they make SBK live the show to take over the 7-11 slot.

Well with Shannon being trouble what do you think they're about his real ride today for Miss Monster? I'm thinking they may have Daniel take the lead on his scooter.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM

Post#40 » by AdamTheGreek » Sat May 2, 2009 2:50 pm

SBK does a great job on an interim basis, but they need to find someone else for the permanent spot.

According to police officials, Burke shot the dog in the leg with a .40 caliber handgun, and the bullet passed through the pet before striking his wife in the head, 48-year-old Catherine Burke.

Yikes was that close. Surprised he's married to someone 5 years older than him.

Return to Orlando Magic