ImageImageImageImage

Zucker: Gortat "very disappointed" that Magic matched offer

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

garbage time
Starter
And1: 1

Re: Zucker: Gortat "very disappointed" that Magic matched offer 

Post#61 » by garbage time » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:37 pm

what are you retards whining about, he wants more playing time. he has nothing against the magic or the city.
ibtl
sweet daddy
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#62 » by sweet daddy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:52 pm

For the record, not every Mavs fan is walking around angry at Smith, or the Magic, or the Magic fans. Everybody try to keep their perspective here. Me, I'm just trying to figure out how the Mavs get a low post player now. You got yours, congrats.
'daddy knows best'
magic+
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#63 » by magic+ » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:01 pm

wow the people in this thread are astonishing. No one here cares about Lewis's $20 million a year, but b/c gortat got a raise hes a terrible person for saying something!! omg people are starving!!... this is BASKETBALL. The guy has the drive and wants to play more minutes JUST TO BE GOOD. What would you rather him say?? I want more money? i just want to sit on the bench and get a ring? No. he says he wants to play alot of minutes and become a better player. Ridiculous.
Gerhalt11
Assistant Coach
And1: 827

Post#64 » by Gerhalt11 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:09 pm

sweet daddy wrote:For the record, not every Mavs fan is walking around angry at Smith, or the Magic, or the Magic fans. Everybody try to keep their perspective here. Me, I'm just trying to figure out how the Mavs get a low post player now. You got yours, congrats.

That's a great avatar.
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#65 » by Hilltop » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:25 pm

This is hilarious. Horcas is famous now :lol:
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,542

Post#66 » by ropjhk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:52 pm

I think matching him was the right move. Gortat's trade value will be high enough such that there should be no problem trading him for another player who will better fit a need for the Magic.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#67 » by Horcy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Jiwol wrote:
Horcy wrote:Gortat needs to shut up and play his best. He is an employee of the Magic and he signed the team option.
There are millions of persons dying of hunger in the world. He will earn about 6/7 millions per season. He will be one of the richest men in Poland. I understand him, but I don't really care.
Marcin, don't hear your agent please, shut up and work.

Otis needs to take care of our business.

Horcy, you're famous!!! Here's an excerpt from an article in polish paper:

"Gortat powinien się zamknąć i grać jak najlepiej. Jest zatrudniony w Magic i podpisał kontrakt" - dodaje Horcy na forum Orlando, na stronie RealGM.

The article is called "Magic fans ouraged after Gortat's remarks". http://www.sport.pl/sport/1,65025,6819382,Fani_Orlando_Magic_oburzeni_wypowiedziami_Gortata.html

hahahhaa i don't know what the hell are they saying hahaha but is very hilarious to have an impact there haha. If someone understand polish, it would be awsome to have a transcript here.

We want you Polish Hammer!!! you are not going anywhere for the moment!! :D
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#68 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Hilltop wrote:This is hilarious. Horcas is famous now :lol:

Now? Ole Hocry has been infamous for years, at least around here :laugh:
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
LBPTarHeel27
RealGM
And1: 1,512

Post#69 » by LBPTarHeel27 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:23 pm

I just love how we got better...and still managed to get younger.
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#70 » by Horcy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
Hilltop wrote:This is hilarious. Horcas is famous now :lol:

Now? Ole Hocry has been infamous for years, at least around here :laugh:

haha I just want to say what I think here. I really appreciate some crazy guys around here :lol: It's been a long time since I came in 2004, many things happened. Finally we are winning :lol: :lol:
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#71 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Isn't there like some translation software for firefox. I am at work right now so I can't do it, but "YOU CAN DO IT!!!!".
magicmamma
Assistant Coach
And1: 30

Post#72 » by magicmamma » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:12 pm

magic+ wrote: b/c gortat got a raise hes a terrible person for saying something!!

No, he isn't in trouble for just "saying something." He didn't say anything. But he somehow inspired his agent to say something about how he thought Marcin felt. Now THAT'S a sin!
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#73 » by magicman123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 pm

i respect gortat for wanting to play more minutes and to see how good he can be right now, but i have zero sympathy for anybody making that kind of money to play a game..this was smart to match the offer though
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:26 pm

okay lazy asses lol. I got home and installed the Firefox extension called translator. I used it on this website for you guys. I wouldn't work on one of those links.

better translation page 6
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#75 » by Flash4thewin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:28 pm

magicman123 wrote:i respect gortat for wanting to play more minutes and to see how good he can be right now, but i have zero sympathy for anybody making that kind of money to play a game..this was smart to match the offer though

This could go two ways. He goes and plays every min at 100% hoping to get traded or he just says screw this and kills his trade value for the year. It depends on his character which i honestly have no clue about but other players have turned into negatives when matched.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#76 » by NEM » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
magicman123 wrote:i respect gortat for wanting to play more minutes and to see how good he can be right now, but i have zero sympathy for anybody making that kind of money to play a game..this was smart to match the offer though

This could go two ways. He goes and plays every min at 100% hoping to get traded or he just says screw this and kills his trade value for the year. It depends on his character which i honestly have no clue about but other players have turned into negatives when matched.

gortat is the type of dude that will go out and play his ass off, no matter if he's happy or upset.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#77 » by magicman123 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:

gortat will play his butt off no matter what, he doesn't have that punk mentality like starbury and others...
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Okay I found a better translator,

The Horcy said lol

The compensation offer and keep the Mavericks Gortata in Florida is now the main forums for fans of Orlando. Many fans oburzona statements is 25-year old center, who stressed several times that wants to start a new season in Dallas. - From what I hear, Orlando Magic top up the offer, which by my Dallas Mavericks. I am a bit zdołowany, although as in any case I played a good team - yet he said on Saturday.

Pole Agent Guy Zucker gave clear that he wanted to play very Gortat in Dallas. - Marcin is very disappointed. It was a perfect opportunity for him that he showed how good a player - he said Zucker. Staying in Poznan Gortat confirmed. - Unfortunately, this has to ułożyło, is the Magic. But I am happy that I still played with good players such as Dwight Howard - he said.\

The forums zaroiło comments from fans. "Wow! I understand that he wanted to play in the top five, but to say such things? Give me six million and I will not even dreamed that something like this to say. I hope that it will be like the Timberwolves, Clippers, or when it will send Otis there within six months "- writes the notorius SAC on one of the forums.

"Gortat should quit and play our best. It is employed in the Magic and signed a contract" - the Horcy in the Orlando, on RealGM.

Other fans are even more mischief. "I do not understand it. I would be very happy if they come to me 6 million paid for work for 10 minutes, by 82 days a year." - Inga-Aron added. "Gortat and the Cuban secret sausage factory and can not advertise it well because of conflict of two teams. One day CUBAN SAUSAGE CO. GORTAT. Gortat is the most important and will be happy again," - writes nobandwagonhere outraged.

"Do not worry Gortat ... One day you get a chance. Buy your next year the team, which will be played in the top five. We need you only to a transaction. ... Do not worry your time will come, so meetings a year and learn something of the best centers in the league. You can even leave the beautiful shining ring. Then sell your team to the hopeless, where you played, but you win 35 games a year. And yet to sit down and be still "- writes Darth Evil Dead.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:54 pm

From the other article.

On Wednesday Gortat signed a contract with the Dallas Mavericks (34 million dollars over five years) and a very wanted there to leave, because in Texas dostałby more minutes on the floor. Magic, however, benefited from the possibility of compensation offer, which means that the 25-year-old center will remain in Florida.

Gortat, who this week objeżdża cities hosting the European Championships in September, to leave the Magic called in Poznan. - Information on staying in Orlando have received from my agent. I said that the damage that this has happened, because for me, Dallas was a better chance of development. In fact, I am happy because I still played a good team.

After entering the hall AWF Poznan Gortat said, however: - Unfortunately, I am a player Orlando Magic.

- I said yes, because I will be in Orlando to play 10 minutes in the match, not 40. Therefore, unfortunately - Gortat explained. - You said, however, that I am disappointed. Those are the words of my agent, not mine. Agent, who still thank, because it's what he did on the occasion of my new contract to the world championship. Growing well. Call me or agents Allen Iverson LeBron James, but I decided to be with his. I do not regret it now - he said basketball player Magic.
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#80 » by G-Heel » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:02 pm

Don't know if anyone posted this yet. But here's a quote by Gortat on Orlando Magic Daily, “There’s a team that invested a lot of time in me. Not only 2 years in the NBA, but the 2 or 3 years before I got into the NBA to develop my game before the summer league and in the summer league. I’ve been with this team since 2005. I won’t be disappointed. I feel really comfortable here in this city and in this organization.”

So I wouldn't worry about Gortat being disappointed and stinks it up. If Gortat head is on straight, he should view this as a positive thing. He's getting the same amount of money and he can spend this time to learn from Dwight. I'm sure we'll trade him sooner or later, he can still prove his worth when that time come and maybe earn another big contract.
Fire Otis!

Return to Orlando Magic