ImageImageImageImage

Zucker: Gortat "very disappointed" that Magic matched offer

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Re: Zucker: Gortat "very disappointed" that Magic matched offer 

Post#81 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Dont know how accurate it is but here in Poland you can hear that Magic had some discussions with Rockets and Thunder and thats why they matched offer...
this somehow refer to that "trading to a 10 win team" quote
Even if Gortat confirms he didnt say he is dissapionted but every interview I read here he admits he is propably as good as goone after 90 days although you can never know...
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,534

Post#82 » by Furinkazan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:09 pm

G-Heel wrote:Don't know if anyone posted this yet. But here's a quote by Gortat on Orlando Magic Daily, “There’s a team that invested a lot of time in me. Not only 2 years in the NBA, but the 2 or 3 years before I got into the NBA to develop my game before the summer league and in the summer league. I’ve been with this team since 2005. I won’t be disappointed. I feel really comfortable here in this city and in this organization.”

So I wouldn't worry about Gortat being disappointed and stinks it up. If Gortat head is on straight, he should view this as a positive thing. He's getting the same amount of money and he can spend this time to learn from Dwight. I'm sure we'll trade him sooner or later, he can still prove his worth when that time come and maybe earn another big contract.

I think he just learend his lesson from last seasons ending and now hes saying just what he should say...
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 19

Post#83 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:14 pm

I hate to say it but I would be pretty disappointed if I was forced to live in Oklahoma. Houston wouldn't be bad but I think Gortat would have preferred to play for Dallas. I don't think Houston is going to be a winning team without Yao and if he comes back it would be back to the bench for Gortat, but he can veto a trade to any team that he does not want to go to.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#84 » by mhectorgato » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:18 pm

BigCityCat wrote:I hate to say it but I would be pretty disappointed if I was forced to live in Oklahoma. Houston wouldn't be bad but I think Gortat would have preferred to play for Dallas. I don't think Houston is going to be a winning team without Yao and if he comes back it would be back to the bench for Gortat, but he can veto a trade to any team that he does not want to go to.

Well Yao can't come back this year at all, since they got a DPE for him.

*of course Yao can come back the following year. Could Yao and Gortat play the 4 & 5 together? Or is it the same deal as in ORL?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by Shishnizzle » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:27 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
BigCityCat wrote:I hate to say it but I would be pretty disappointed if I was forced to live in Oklahoma. Houston wouldn't be bad but I think Gortat would have preferred to play for Dallas. I don't think Houston is going to be a winning team without Yao and if he comes back it would be back to the bench for Gortat, but he can veto a trade to any team that he does not want to go to.

Well Yao can't come back this year at all, since they got a DPE for him.

*of course Yao can come back the following year. Could Yao and Gortat play the 4 & 5 together? Or is it the same deal as in ORL?

That would be a huge lineup but I don't think that works.
Jiwol
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#86 » by Jiwol » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:37 pm

BigCityCat wrote:okay lazy asses lol. I got home and installed the Firefox extension called translator. I used it on this website for you guys. I wouldn't work on one of those links.

better translation page 6

Lol, I'm not gonna translate no Polish article on Gortat ever again. Remember what happened last time I did that? About SVG panicking? I've started big international media story then. It was too much for me to handle :wink:
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#87 » by Horcy » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks for the translation!!!

It seems very possible a trade with the rockets in a close future.
Magic.City.23.
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#88 » by Magic.City.23. » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:52 pm

^Lol, I remember that. Probably a wise decision Jiwol. :lol:
NickAndersonsBack25
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#89 » by NickAndersonsBack25 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 pm

wait, what's going on here?

1) did a polish paper quote the poster (Horcy) from this board

2) did the quotes from Gortat in the media after the Shaq thing really have an origination here?

3) Finally, I don't think see a trade coming until after next season.

If we make the move during the season, what i see us getting from the trade is either a quality (not as good/not as expensive) back-up center and a second round pick. The plus side to this is that we won't be as far into the luxury tax. The downside is, our back-up center is not as strong, so dwight cannot be as aggressive (due to foul trouble concerns, with no one to sub for him). I do not see us getting Battier. 1) i dont think HOU would do that, 2) what's his salary - wouldnt that put us farther in the tax; and 3) who would be our back-up center? I doubt Houston would give us Battier and a big. Nor do i think they will give us Lowry.

If we wait until the season is over maybe a first round pick if we do it before the draft. Or, we may wait until free agency starts and all the big wigs clear the market and try for a good, young player. The market will be bigger because teams that lost out on Yao/Boozer/Amare (not going to put Bosh here because he's not a true big, he's weak) will want to fall back on him. The advantage to his option is the range of players we can trade for would be larger, as we would not have to insisit on getting a big - we could look for a cheap vet in FA and see what Vazquer/Rakattack do (in terms of coming over, and, if so, in summer league)
Bobby Knight says:
"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."
"You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball. "
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,842

Post#90 » by RookieStar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Jiwol wrote:
BigCityCat wrote:okay lazy asses lol. I got home and installed the Firefox extension called translator. I used it on this website for you guys. I wouldn't work on one of those links.

better translation page 6

Lol, I'm not gonna translate no Polish article on Gortat ever again. Remember what happened last time I did that? About SVG panicking? I've started big international media story then. It was too much for me to handle :wink:

haha I remember now. You were the one who translated an article about Gortat and his beef against SVG. Was it really the source of all that hoopla in the media? I didn't know the media uses RealGM as a credible source :lol: :lol: :lol:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,680

Post#91 » by SOUL » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 pm

Secret sausage factory!
OMagic1989
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#92 » by OMagic1989 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:07 pm

I know I would so disappointed If I got a guaranteed 34 million dollars

I might be so depressed I would think of killing myself. I might pout for a long time and not give any effort because I did not get my way! Waaaaahhhh

Sounds like a 2 year old with a temper tantrum!

I for one am sick of hearing about the wants of millionaires. Spoiled and selfish. Buck up I know it is tough to handle life with a 34 million dollar contract and only working half the year but hey sometimes you have to sacrifice.
Magic fan since Inaugural 89 season.
Nene
Rookie

Post#93 » by Nene » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the magic will deal him after December 15th when they can. I'm liking the idea of Battier and Landry. That would give the Magic some ridiculous depth. And Landry has one of the bests PERs in the league
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#94 » by MitchellUK » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Nene wrote:I'm pretty sure the magic will deal him after December 15th when they can. I'm liking the idea of Battier and Landry. That would give the Magic some ridiculous depth. And Landry has one of the bests PERs in the league

I can't see Houston giving up both of them for Gortat, unless they go into full rebuilding mode and deal Battier simply to shed salary. That said, adding Landry and Battier to this team would be immense.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#95 » by craig01 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:54 pm

OMagic1989 wrote:I know I would so disappointed If I got a guaranteed 34 million dollars

Me too.

But Gortat just wants to play in a more meaningful role. You HAVE to respect that.

He'll get over it though....
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
OMagic1989
Pro Prospect

Post#96 » by OMagic1989 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah Craig I respect the man wants to play and that is good but really how dissapointed can you be to be on a title contending team and still be dissapointed.

How many players try their whole careers to be in such a spot. At most he will be with us another year and he knows it.

I think it is a little much to say he is "VERY DISSAPOINTED" Give me a break!
Magic fan since Inaugural 89 season.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#97 » by Skin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:59 am

So Gortat's name emerges from obscurity and all of a sudden he's disgusted with the team that gave him a chance in the first place? He thinks that he should be a starting NBA C after a few playoff games? He's got a fancy nickname, a fat paycheck and a sponsor that wants him to hide his Jordan tattoo and now he thinks he's all that???

Forget calling him the Polish Hammer. I'm calling him the Polish Hot Dog!!!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by Horcy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:04 am

NickAndersonsBack25 wrote:wait, what's going on here?

1) did a polish paper quote the poster (Horcy) from this board

It seems..... haha hilarious world isn´t it? :lol:
Pay me!!!!!!! I'm the new polish journalist

this is so bizarre, I can't believe it :lol:
Shishnizzle
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by Shishnizzle » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:35 am

Your not Horcy anymore, your The Horcy from realgm. Your a legend man.:lol:
Horcy
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Horcy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 am

BigCityCat wrote:Your not Horcy anymore, your The Horcy from realgm. Your a legend man.:lol:

hahhaha you cracked me up man :rofl2:

Return to Orlando Magic